Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  12:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Good morning Ladies
Looks like there has been some confusion over the weekend!! Hopefully we can get this all worked out seeing that this should be a fun non-stress activity. I would hate for any farm gal to be left out. I think that there are several things happening. First I think that the Quilt block Exchange is getting mixed up with the Charm Squares. I just sent out lists for Quilt blocks. These blocks are 12 and half inches and you send one to each gal on the list. I was hoping to have 12 ladies on these lists but they are getting smaller. You can read more about the Quilt Blocks under stitching room as well. So I haven't Sent out any Charm Square list since the 6th of Oct. That list should have had 20 Gals on it. I now have a list with 24 gals on it and am going to double check everyone who wants to be on and isn't.(The 6 girls left out) I hope that this all helps. I think the major confusion is between the Quilt Block and the Charm Squares because so many gals have signed up for both. So if you just received a list within the last week it's a Quilt Block list. If you e-mailed me I will get back to you so you know I got your e-mail. If you don't hear back from me try my e-mail at kate@maryjanesfarm.org. The other thing I’m thinking is that to make things quick and easy I’m just going to post the names or screen names of the gals that want to be dropped from the lists. I'll put what list they want to be off of so you know where to find it. There are several who need to be taken off some of the list so I’ll do all that through the forum so look for those posts!! I'll also do what Sue sagested, insted of heading the emails with the List names I'll head the Lists with the name of the group so when you print them out it's right on the list. Thanks so much for your understanding.
So sorry for the confusion.
Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  12:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Poor Katie Bird!! Are we driving you insane yet?

We love you Kate!! hang in there...
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  12:30:14 PM  Show Profile
OOPS Spelling...

I'll also do what Sue SUGGESTED, INSTED of heading the emails with the List names I'll head the Lists with the name of...........WOW sorry about the spelling errors!!

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  12:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Kate, Maybe you should change your tag line to "tomorrow is always fresh with no spelling mistakes in it"....just teasing...
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  12:56:47 PM  Show Profile
HAHA~I'm such a horrific speller....It's terrible, Hopefully you can understand what I was trying to say..ha
I dont even know if I spelled all of this right?? Ü

Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  1:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Kate, if you like I will email you MY list, which I believe to be complete and up to date (and spelled correctly--lol!!). Then you can double check against that. -Annie
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  2:32:50 PM  Show Profile
I would LOVE that!!

thanks

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  3:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Just emailed it, Kate.

And in other news...

What is everyone going to DO with all of their charm squares? I have seen that someone suggested flax seed sleep pillows. What about everyone else? I am going to make a toddler bed size quilt for my little girl. She is still in her crib, but I'm sure next year she will be in the bed. I'll probably make a couple of baby quilts (one at least for me--I'm due with a boy in January). And if there are still squares after that, I want to make my brothers (I have three) each a full size quilt. Before this swap I already had about 200 six-inch squares, so I've got a LOT to work with here.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  3:27:05 PM  Show Profile
OH, It is so nice to find something in the mailbox besides bills and credt card offers!

Thanks to Quilting Queen and Annie T. Such wonderful squares! and no duplicates so far which is truly amazing. Thank you both so much!

A note to anyone who wants to be dropped from the list, I have already sent my squares out so if you received them, even though you dropped, PLEASE, Don't Worry About It. Please consider them a gift with no strings attached.

Lucinda

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps. ---Bronson Alcott

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  3:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Julia Dear, your squares arrived today and I love them!! Such variety and no duplicates yet! Woo hoo! Thanks so much!!
Hugs,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  4:16:05 PM  Show Profile
I am going to sew all the blocks into one big Friendship Farmgirl Quilt.
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  4:16:32 PM  Show Profile
AnnieT,
Big hugs for the squares and buttons today...I love them! Have a great day!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  4:40:42 PM  Show Profile
I'm doing the same Helen, can't wait to feel all the warmth!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  9:38:34 PM  Show Profile
I'm doing a big friendship farmgirl quilt too. Then we can all hug at the same time!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  9:59:05 PM  Show Profile
I am doing a big farmgirl quilt too. I thought I would do squares on both sides if I have enough squares. This is such fun!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  10:09:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to do the same thing only I'm going to make mine a rag edge quilt. I sat in my sewing room yesterday and sorted all the squares I've received into color groups.

I got the room cleaned up today and am starting to cut squares to mail out. I am way behind!

GO WHITE SOX!!!!
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  10:33:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Quilting Queen for the charm squares. The fabric is very pretty and the buttons used for flower centers was a really cute idea. Jan
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  10:35:49 AM  Show Profile
Kate, I got some charm squares in the mail the other day, but I've never received a list of members to send to. I didn't realize I was on a list yet until I got my fabric in the mail. Do I just send to whoever I get from? Thanks Jan Pinter
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  10:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh I'm so sorry Jan
I've checked my oh so "official" records (haha) and I don't see your name on the charm square list that I sent out but I do see your name on the Quilt Block list...Which is being mixed up with charm squares. I've just been send a up dated charm square list from Annie and your name is on that one. So I'll take it off if you would like.... and everyone else can make note of that change too!! Sorry about the mix up.
Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  12:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Jan -- You are on the list I received from Diane (FabulousFarmFemmes). There are 19 names on the list I received, a couple of which have since dropped out, I think. I'd suggest that you let Kate know which list or lists you want to be on. And don't be surprised if you receive bunches of charm square packets! Maybe just post here which list you want to be on, so those of us who are still working on the packets will know. . . .
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  1:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much AnnieT. for the lovely squares and buttons! Such pretty red prints! Did the fabric and button boogie up my drive!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  1:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Kate, I've sent emails to you - did you get them regarding the charm square exchange? I have a feeling that my email is acting up. Please let me know. Thanks!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  1:34:15 PM  Show Profile

Julia I haven't gotten any of your e-mails I'm so sorry! I'm not sure which email address you were using but I have a personal one at the farm which is kate@maryjanesfarm.org or you can e-mail me through any of the group links...like charm squares quilt blocks or Birthdays. Hope that helps.
Kate

Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Help Has Arrived!!! MaryJane just talked to me about spending some good girl time together working through these lists. Yeehawwww! She can tell I'm in need of some good MaryJane time!! (She also knows how to spell!!) She is going to help me organize! You gals are sure in for a treat....up to date lists that are spelled correctly with the right addresses!! What more could a Farm girl ask for?? Ü

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Kate, woo hoo! Bringing in the heavy artillery, eh? Wish I could be there to help you. I'm a whiz at organization. How do you think I've survived wearing all these hats all these years? Just want to say thanks for all considerations on our behalfs, Powers That Be.

P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page