Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  2:23:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow Great job Jane I wish I knew enough about quilting to join in!! It looks like so much fun. I just moved into my new apartment this weekend and I'm enjoying decorating but I need to add a personal touch thats just me. I need more time to be crafty. I admire you gals!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.
Go to Top of Page

Anna
MaryJane's Farmgirl

27 Posts

Pullman WA
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  2:40:34 PM  Show Profile
All I have to say is....I'm so excited to get started on this!! I'm actually considering staying home this weekend instead of visiting my out-of-town boyfriend so I can work on this stuff for you girls!! Yay!!!

The Sewing Girl at MaryJanesFarm :^)
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  2:49:22 PM  Show Profile
Wow, farmgirls, we trumped a boyfriend! Woo hoo!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  3:41:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Meadowlark Jenny for the wonderful package I got today!! the buttons and the fabrics are perfect..you know about my weakness for all things JD> I can't wait to make some fun stuff!! Love it! The way you packaged the buttons was cute as a..well, button!!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  9:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Received mine too Jenny R.Love that black floral! Thanks bunches!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  9:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Kate,
Decorating sounds like fun! What colors are you using? I'm sure you'll come up with something truly unique to put your own personal touch into your space. Let us know what you come up with.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  09:18:06 AM  Show Profile
Jane
My living room is the hardest part for me right now I have one really big wall that I don't know what to put on it. I want to find some really cool old print. I need to hit some of the antique shops around Moscow to see what I can find. Maybe there will be a yard sale this weekend. Oooh that would be fun! Happy Wednesday!
Kate xoxo

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  09:26:13 AM  Show Profile
Lucinda, Thanks so much for the fun and cute charm square fabric! It was so nice to see your envelope in the mail today! Doing the charm square cha-cha up the drive!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  10:17:48 AM  Show Profile
Hey Meadowlark, got my squares and buttons yesterday! Thanks, they are great. I love the plaids.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  4:10:34 PM  Show Profile
Lucinda, I got your squares today, thanks SO much, such fun prints! Love them!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  1:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Jane, quilting queen, I got your package today and am thrilled! I sent an email to you; check your junk mail if you don't get it -- my hotmail address often gets my emails filtered into the dumpster. Anyway, to sum: received; intact; thrilled!
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  1:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, got your package today with the squares and that lovely little button holder with buttons! Made my day! Thanks.

I shoulda turned left at Albuquerque..Bugs Bunny
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  1:50:05 PM  Show Profile
Quilting Queen, many thanks for the great squares and the wonderfu buttons so creatively attached to the card! You're an artist! and I love the patterns, very vintage. Thanks again!!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  3:27:10 PM  Show Profile
I want to let everyone know that my charm squares will be a little late in getting out. I am making my buttons and I have to wait for kiln schedules at my husbands ceramics class. I'm thinking they won't be done for may be 2 weeks, but I will get them out to everyone as soon as they're done. Just wanted to let everyone know so you don't think I forgot you's (you's is a Philly thing)

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  3:46:40 PM  Show Profile
katie-ell and houseminder,
Thank you to both of you for the charm square packages I received today. Gorgeous fabrics and buttons! I've sent you both personal e-mails, so be sure to watch for them. Thanks!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  12:54:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lucinda for the squares, they are great! Julia

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  1:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Wow Melissa, where do you find the time to MAKE buttons??? What a keepsake those will be, can't wait! AnnieT, love the prints, thanks so much!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Anna
MaryJane's Farmgirl

27 Posts

Pullman WA
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  1:39:08 PM  Show Profile
Luckily, my boyfriend decided to come visit me so I can hang out with him and quilt. The best of both worlds!

The Sewing Girl at MaryJanesFarm :^)
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  3:40:34 PM  Show Profile
I got my charm square list and I am ready to get busy!! Can somebody please tell me the specifics of what is to be in the "charm square" packets. From reading the posts I know fabric (what size?) and buttons (how many?) Could we maybe make a sticky post at the top of this thread with the details? So we don't have to try to re-read all 13 pages to find the details.

edited for spelling

Edited by - Bridge on Oct 14 2005 3:41:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  3:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I am still confused.. I have my squares and buttons ready for posting. Now is everyone that is doing this, on the list that was sent to me from Dianne??? Also anyone posting to me, please can you note new address: 323 Te Kawa Road
R D 3
Te Awamutu
New Zealand.
Any that have been posted to the old address, will be forwarded to me,but only for 3 months.
I'm not sure who gets the biggest buzz when the mail arrives from you girls. The rural mailman or me!!!! I fairly leap back thru the paddocks with it tight in my hands. Then I save opening it, till all my chores are done and that is my treat, along with a coffee and chocolate bicccy of course ;)

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  4:39:19 PM  Show Profile
Helen, what's a chocolate bicccy? Is it like a chocolate bippy? Which you are probably too young to know...anyway, anything chocolate is OK with this farmgirl.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  4:49:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Kathy (Katie-ell) for the perfect charm squares and buttons and for the wonderful extra surprize!! It sure has a place of honor in my kitchen..I LOVE it! You are so sweet to think of me!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  4:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Pat,a chocolate bicccy is a chocolate biscuit.:) The mind boggles, what is a chocolate bippy????

Edited by - bubblesnz on Oct 14 2005 4:55:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  7:53:24 PM  Show Profile
Bridgette -- I don't have you on either of the Charm Square lists I received (one from Diane, one from FarmGirl connection). . . I'd be happy to add you to my list. Send me an email.

The charm squares are to be 6"; you send anywhere from 6-8 squares to each person; also send around 6 or so buttons (I had to send less to some, just because the list got long and I was running out of good buttons!). The buttons can be sewn onto a card, which makes it easier to package them for going through the mail.

Does anyone else have Bridgette on her list?
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  2:56:03 PM  Show Profile
Katie-ell, got my squraes and buttons today. Great fabric! I think I need to find fabircs stores like you all go to. I am really limited unless I drive 2 hours to the city, don't do that much. Oh well. Thanks again Kathy!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page