Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  09:57:29 AM  Show Profile

Hello All~
I've received many e-mail this morning regarding the charm square list and how it has become too big. I'm willing to split up the list but I'm not sure how many you want on each list. I was thinking 15 and then I would start a new list? I was also reading through and I'm not sure if I understand everything right? I believe that it's one 6" square with a charm or button in the middle for each person on the list but if you want to send more than one squares to a person fill free. I hope everyone is still having fun and we can get all the worked out. I can totally understand how people can become to busy and overwhelmed with other things that's the last thing I want to happen for this fun group. Let me know if splitting up the list works. To make things easy for me if you still really don't want to be on the list just send me a personal e-mail regarding which list you want to be off of. Thanks

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  10:09:23 AM  Show Profile
Actually, we've been exchanging 6-9 six-inch charm squares and 5 or more buttons per packet. That's why we were saying it was getting a bit expensive to have any bigger groups than this original group, which numbers, what?, 20-23? Since I don't have the last section of the list yet, I don't know. Anyone beyond those names should probably be put on a list for a new round robin of charm swappers.

I shoulda turned left at Albuquerque..Bugs Bunny
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  10:31:08 AM  Show Profile
I thought we were supposed to sew the button onto the square. Are they supposed to be seperate when sending?

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  10:33:14 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, just sew the buttons onto some paper or a card or something like that so they will be secure and won't scare the postal workers. Don't sew them to the fabric.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  1:11:10 PM  Show Profile
OK girls, I want to apologize for my grumpy post yesterday on this subject...CarolC, Aunt Jenny, Diane, Jane and Julia V. your charm squares and buttons are in the mail and on their way...I do enjoy this swap...just felt a little overwhelmed by the size of the list. If it could be cut down that would be great...I am working on the rest of the names on my list from Diane. Soooo...I will be cutting and stiching buttons this weekend!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  1:22:01 PM  Show Profile
Diane, got your charm squares and buttons and I'm enjoying them and woohooing so much, I'm scaring my dogs. They just don't share my enthusiasm about something they can't walk on, sink their teeth in, or pee on. And thanks for the list. Now, I believe I have everybody's address and just need to finish cutting squares and sewing buttons on cards or whatever. Thanks so much!!!!! And "Meadowlark", you weren't the least bit grumpy. We were just expressing our concerns about the ballooning of the mailing list and I believe Kate at MJF can see now the efficacy of putting newcomers in a new and separate charm square exchange. It's still fun and I'm delighted with the fabrics I'm receiving (still not a single repeat print). Woohoo!!! Ooops, sorry dogs!

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  5:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Uh, oh. I didn't think about sewing mine buttons to anything. Oops. By the way thanks to all who have sent me buttoms and fabric so far. My life is in turmoil right now as I my partner of 8 years has dumped me. I am packing and looking for a place to live. I am a little slow right now in getting all this out.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  5:21:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry. Obviously your partner didn't know a good thing when they had it. Their loss. I'd say "chin up" but I hate when people tell me that, so I won't...although it would help at least one of my triple chins to practice it! I'll wish you ALL the best and better times just around the corner!!!

Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  10:23:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey,Dianne,your charm squares arrived in NZ today. First lot I have received, many thanks. Mine will out be out in another 2 days or so..
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  01:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Hey Helen, that's great!! Glad you got them okay. You and I should just have a fabric swap period. Can't wait to see what different fabric you have "over there".

Okay Girls, I am gonna give you all my 2 cents here. This was started as a fun, low key project and to induce happiness at the mailbox. I sent my squares out with joy and an open heart, and if I receive any back in return that is so much gravy. Worrying is just too much negative energy for me. Do what you feel comfortable doing,what makes you happy. If that means sending one square per person that is fine. I would rather have one square sent to me with joy attached to it than a hundred sent in frustration.

Remember Gals, it's just fabric, not world peace!
Love all of you...off to count sheep.
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  01:19:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
And Kim, we will all pray for you, for the changes in your life to end up being positive, that you can find peace with them, and happiness ahead for you.We are always here to cry on, whine with, grumble to, we will listen and try to console.Don't worry about sending anything, just please take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  06:23:02 AM  Show Profile
Amen, Diane. I second that, Kim. I have been praying for you to be seeing the blessings in all you do and moving forward, not backward. I hope you feel comfort knowing you are going through your days, warmly wrapped in our prayers. Take care!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  06:26:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I always feel like I am wrapped in a warm quilt when I talk to you all!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  07:20:16 AM  Show Profile
Diane -- Thanks for your perspective. I will not worry anymore! Will just send out the little packages with joy. Bless us every one!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  08:54:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Diane! What are you talking about? Fabric IS world peace!lol Come to mention it, maybe if our world leaders could get into fabric and sharing, maybe we would be closer to world peace.

have a great day, ladies!
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  6:24:02 PM  Show Profile
I'm wondering how big everyone else's list is. Mine had 19 people on it including myself.

I just finished cutting, sorting, and packaging all of mine. There are no buttons in them though. I hope that's okay. I would prefer to mail buttons out separately. I am hoping that life can get back to normal by the middle of next week and I can finish catching up...

Hope you all enjoy the squares. I had fun picking them out for ya'll!

Lucinda

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps. ---Bronson Alcott

Edited by - thehouseminder on Oct 08 2005 6:51:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  6:32:44 PM  Show Profile
When my stepmother first started quilting, before I even got into it, I did an embroidery/cross-stitch sampler for her that said: Blessed are the Piecemakers' children, for they shall inherit the quilts."
She got a big kick out of that. Seriously, though, you guys are right...were quilters running the world, there would be peace!!! Conflicts would get stitched up in no time at all!

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  10:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Girls, I'm still cutting, and painting the house, watching new grandbaby twice a week and my monitor went out over the weekend so had to get a new one plus MIL had a stroke yesterday so if mine aren't out this week you know why. Say, how come none of you told us about this nifty cutting tool that cuts time as well as fabric?? LOL I hope to get caught up fast now so I can send mine all out at one time! Kim, hang in there, it does get better and know were all here for you anytime! Back to cutting before the baby wakes up! :)

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  11:13:28 AM  Show Profile
Well I've cut all my quilt blocks now I'm on to cutting charm squares. Hope to have them done soon. I may not have quite enought buttons for every square though.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  12:47:39 PM  Show Profile
Melissa, just a few buttons to each person is what weve been doing, sewed or lightly glued even, to a card so the post office won't think it's a threat.

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  9:06:07 PM  Show Profile
Gals,

Just got my first batch of 12 squares (from the first list) in the mail today. I'll work on getting the rest out by this weekend. Sorry it took so long, but I had to go out of town a couple times. Thanks to all the ladies who sent some squares to me!! I'm sorry I haven't had time to send personal notes, yet. I'll get to it!

Annie
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  12:39:51 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, Thanks so much for the cute charm squares and buttons! I just love ALL these cool red prints ( I love red gingham) from all of you...they are awesome! Bramble, the buttons are sooo neat! Doing the happy fabric/button waltz!!!!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  1:58:17 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, I just did the Charm Square Boogie up from the mailbox!! Woo hoo!! I love the squares! And the buttons!! I don't care about color. I'm just going to patch them all together and quilt so I'll have a friendship quilt. It'll be great!! Thanks again! Hey, it just occurred to me that we could use the patchwork fabric we make from the squares to make aprons! Then we could all wear them in July when we go to the farm!

Love,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  2:05:30 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark,
I received your fun package today...loved the gorgeous fabrics and buttons! Thank you so much!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  2:15:09 PM  Show Profile
I mailed packets to owwlady, bubblesnz, the houseminder, Erthdancr, BlueEggBabe, Bluelavender45, Kim, katie-ell, Utahfarmgirl, sqrl, Anna, Teresa, Quilt305, and Mumof3 from the post office today, so be watching your mailboxes in the next few days, farmgirls...and if you could, please let me know when they arrive. I always worry the mail machinery will eat the envelope with all those buttons in there.

Jane

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page