Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  9:19:45 PM  Show Profile
FYI...I'm now counting a total of 23 of us who are in the charm square exchange. Wow! Hope this helps for those who are busily cutting 6-inch squares of fabric.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  11:43:23 AM  Show Profile
I've only got 19 on the list that Diane just sent last week? I know some weren't on it but if Diane can email their info I can add it to my list. Are we setting a cut off date or just adding to the list when ever newbies sign up? I don't mean to complicate matters, just trying not to forget anyone?

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  11:55:22 AM  Show Profile
I mailed my charm squares out weeks and weeks ago using a list of 13 (me included) that Jane Hubner sent. I know Junebug was on that list. Did you not get my charm squares and the list with those 12 names on it? It was while Diane (FabulousFarmFemmes) was on vacation. I'm really starting to wonder where all my packages went. I've only received 2 sets of charms since mailing all mine out. I wish I knew for sure who did get mine and who didn't. I sometimes wish they'd bring back the Pony Express, ya know?!

I shoulda turned left at Albuquerque..Bugs Bunny
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  1:05:16 PM  Show Profile
Update:
CarolC, I received the package from you, and it was wonderful! Thank you so much!

I received a list from Diane last week with 19 names on it. Since then, there have been 4 others who have posted on here saying they thought they had already signed up and wished to be included. If you've got the latest list of 19 from Diane, the other 4 are Kim, katie-ell, Utahfarmgirl, and sqrl. I've got their addresses if someone in charge needs them. I'm just posting the info so people can go ahead and get their fabrics cut.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  1:09:37 PM  Show Profile
I'll email you to get those other names, just in case they aren't in the list from Diane (who is sending her stuff out real soon, I hear). I don't want to leave anybody out, either. Thanks!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  4:51:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!

MaryJane is pleased to announce that you can now sign up to be on our mailing lists for all the various Farmgirl Connection projects … from traveling aprons, books, buttons, charm squares, dolls, and quilts to sharing mail art, birthdays and recipes.

We’re now ready and willing to gather up all your mailing lists for these projects and manage them here at the farm. Just click on the “Sign up for Farmgirl Connection Projects” link from the Farmgirl Connection opening page to see descriptions of all the traveling projects.

Sign up for the projects that suit your fancy. Send an e-mail to the list you are interested in joining, please include your physical address, e-mail address and phone number. You'll hear back from Kate with all the particulars. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativity!

I know there is some confusion, as the mailing lists were started on the forum and are now managed here at the farm. If you’re curious to know if you’re already on a list, please contact Kate@maryjanesfarm.org and she’ll be happy to check for you. Take it Kate! …

---------
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Kate Edwards and I’m a new member of the MaryJanesFarm crew (oh how exciting!!). I grew up just north of Spokane in a little town called Riverside with my Mom (Teri), Dad (Steve) and little sis (Allie). After high school I went to Eastern Washington University, where I studied Communications. Throughout my life, I’ve always been the kind of person to follow life’s little paths wherever they decide to take me, and this past spring my path took an exciting turn. I was introduced to MaryJane’s son, Emil, at my mom's spring antique show (The Farm Chicks Antique Show and Open Marketplace). The next thing I knew, my weekends were full of visiting the farm in Moscow to see my new boyfriend (oh how fun it is to be a girl!!). Then just this past week, MaryJane offered me the delightful job of organizing the mail lists for all the fun farmgirl projects on the forum and to run MaryJane’s Bed & Breakfast. I couldn’t pass it up!! What an amazing dream this has all become. Now that you all know a little about me, it's time for me to learn all about you. Can't wait to chat with you all soon!!
---------

Other new forum features:

We’ve added a section for Farmgirl Chapters on our website. Our new web features allow you to sign up to Start a Chapter, do a Chapter Search to find and communicate with neighboring chapters, read a recent Newsletter, sign up for a Traveling Journal, and attend a Farmgirl Campout Convention. We’ll also be able to add new pages as new ideas are created.

The Farmgirl Connection is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds thanks to Clare, Eileen and all the fabulous farmgirls at heart that are gathered here! The strong ties of friendship are held together by all our apron strings!! Thank you all for participating in the Farmgirl Connection!

Sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  4:59:58 PM  Show Profile

Thank you again Diane for creating the charm square exchange project!! For those of you who have not signed up for the first list, please send Kate an e-mail and she will include you on the second list. This way Diane can continue to be creative ~ she is brimming with great ideas!
Thank you all for your patience! Kate is back from New York City and ready to organize the projects. She has received quite a few e-mails as farmgirls are signing up for the projects. The Farmgirl Connection is awesome ~ thank you all for being a part of this ever-growing group of kindred spirits!
sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  12:35:00 PM  Show Profile
Carol, yes I got your squares and list weeks ago, I thought I had emailed you to thank you? I'm sorry if I didn't, sure didn't mean to over look it and the effort you went to. Thanks again!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  4:48:03 PM  Show Profile
A big sorry from me too Carol. I really thought I sent a thank you, so
THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I love them all.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  4:55:24 PM  Show Profile
You did, dear ladies, and I have received my packets of charms from Julia, Aunt Jenny, and QuiltingQueen. It's the ladies I haven't heard anything from I'm wondering about. Sorry, didn't mean to make everyone say thanks again. I'm just trying to figure out if everyone got my packets to begin with and then hoping to get theirs in return. I also just got the email from Kate containing a list of all of the charm square people but I couldn't open the list. Also, I didn't realize this was going to continue to grow and grow. I thought it would be a finite group of people and we could exchange these initial charms and then perhaps do something for holidays or whatever. If we go the route Kate mentioned, we could end up with 40 or 50 people, no problem. I hate to admit it, but I can't afford that much fabric! What are your thoughts? I think there should be several charm square groups but limit the number so it can be affordable, both in time and fabric.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  5:18:11 PM  Show Profile
I agree CarolC, This is getting out of hand, I am looking for a job to go back to work...I will honor the list as far as the ones that I have recieved from and send out their charms and buttons, but I can no longer continue to be on the list, it is just too costly for me at this time.

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  5:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I sent charms and buttons to the ones from the Jane Hubner (QuiltingQueen) list and I'll honor the ones on the list Diane (FabFarmFemmes) is sending me (together totalling something like 23), but I can't afford any beyond that.

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  9:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Me too, perhaps there should be a revamping of the lists, like limiting how many on each list. I am starting to feel overwhelmed.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  06:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I have been on a few other exchanges and one thing that was done to help with how much everyone was having to do is one person was in charge of the list - each month people were paired up and you would exchange just with that person and only once during the month. Then the next month you would be paired with a different person and so on. Kind of a pain for the person in charge of the list but it sure made things easier to manage.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  07:22:39 AM  Show Profile
OK, now I'm anxious. I signed up for the list and finally made it on through a couple of lovely people already on the list. And now I've received the big list from MJfarm. I'm busy attaching buttons to cards to send and am cutting out the squares and should be able to send on Monday. But if some of you want bail out at this point, well .......... ??? This needs to be clarified!!! I do understand how difficult it can be when a list grows to 20+. Perhaps MJFarm can intervene and start a new list after number 23 or 25 or whatever on this list. Each new list could have maybe 10 members. And then we could go through several 'rounds' with the 10 new friends and do our thing. But this should be defined and limited in the beginning. Oh, sigh. What's a Farmgal to do? I'll prepare charms&buttons and send to all on the list I have and hope to get some back. :(
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  07:28:15 AM  Show Profile
Katie, I believe I have your address in an email from somebody else and I feel you were added in time for us to swap charms with. I'm just thinking there should be multiple charm square swap groups instead of one huge one. I hope Kate from MJF will consider organizing this as I believe it's gotten too big for us to manage/afford now. Don't worry...you're on MY list. I'll trade charm squares with you...and buttons!

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  07:35:01 AM  Show Profile
katie-ell and everyone,
I'm still working on my packets for those who have been recently added and, katie-ell, you are in this bunch, so please include me when you send. The balance of the list will be getting mine this coming week.

I just went to page one of this swap to get a sense of the fun way this all started. I sure have enjoyed everything I've received so far. I'm looking forward to finishing the sending process, but I really am having fun giving as well as receiving. What a beautiful array of fabrics and buttons we'll end up with from a truly beautiful bunch of farmgirl friends!

Jane

Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  07:36:32 AM  Show Profile
Yup, Katie-ell...found your address. QuiltingQueen Jane Hubner sent it to me, along with those of "Kim", "Utahfarmgirl", and "sqrl." I'll get the rest of the original group's list from FabulousFarmFemmes Diane soon and I'll send out the rest of my charms and buttons.

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  07:40:37 AM  Show Profile
I am sending out to the folks that have sent to me and I have requested to be taken off the list. Just too much expense for me right now. Same with all the other lists I was on -- they're getting so large that it is overwhelming.

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  07:44:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Jane and Carol. I'll keep cutting squares and sewing buttons! The popularity of this list is an obvious sign of the growth of the MJF connection site -- and we're obviously having growing pains as well. Kay, I'm sorry you have to bow out at this point, but you are doing so honestly and gracefully. Blessings to us all.
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  07:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Maybe you all could tell me if I am on your list. I was given the list and told to just start sending and telling people to add me. Maybe I had better not do that?

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  07:57:08 AM  Show Profile
Diane (FabFarmFemmes) is sending me a list with the remainder of names I need to send to, but I don't know if you are on it or not. If you truly want to swap charms and buttons, I'll swap with you. Email me your mailing address and I'll be sure you are on my list.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  08:19:58 AM  Show Profile
I've emailed Kate and Cindylou with a heads-up on all your thoughts, so hopefully there will be some clarification and changes made that will work for everyone involved, and still be able to make it fun and cost-effective. Stay tuned!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing

Edited by - Clare on Oct 07 2005 08:25:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  08:47:39 AM  Show Profile
I totally understand the overwelmingness of having a huge list, this same thing happened to the mail art list. And in the beginning I felt like, I can't do all this. I was one of the last people to sign up for this list and it was right when MJF took over all the list. Totally understand the crazyness of taking over all these lists and trying to organize them, the farm being really busy with MJ and crew going on the book tour. But I never knew I was actualy on this list or the quilt block list until just this week. Perfect timing since I would have had no time before to cut, sew and send. It's hard to be an inclusive list if it is not determined in the beginning because people see how much fun everyones having and of course they want to join in. I'm not sure what the right thing to do is. It sounds good to split the list up into a new group. May be we could vote. I'm just going to start cutting, 'cause I've too much fabric and this is a great reason to use it. But in a way I can see six 6" pieces of fabric per person and then if you are also on the quilt block list also, that is a lot of fabric. Not sure...

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  09:56:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Farmgirls, these lists are supposed to be a fun thing, not a stress-producing thing. I'm sure the Farm will come up with a workable system. Maybe a series of rotating lists that we can do as we can. I have a large stash that I have to thin out anyway so it's perfect for me. In the meantime, if it will help, you guys can delete me from the list. I can wait until the solution is found. It really bothers me that my sisters are having a hardship.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page