Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  2:26:32 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Jan! Got my squares and buttons today! Love 'em! Thanks!
Hey Patricia, Do what you need to to take care of you. You are priority not the squares. I gets 'em when I gets 'em. If it helps take a burden off, don't worry about getting them to me. Might not help much but "every little bit..."

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim

Edited by - Julia on Oct 25 2005 2:27:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  7:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Helen from NZ...got your fun charm squares and buttons today...loved the pretty feather on the button card and the fabrics are yummy!!! Thanks so much!!
I will be getting some more out to those of you I didn't have on a list until today!! I have more cut so it won't be long now..just to get the buttons picked and sewn on cards..and I love that part!!
Patricia..you silly!! Just take care of you..we arn't worried about when we get squares..you are SOOO more important!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  8:25:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bridge! Thanks for the sweet squares and the cool buttons. I love those ginghams, and the ivy square reminds me of my mom's wallpaper from years ago. Thanks! Kathy L aka katie-ell
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  08:27:20 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, you heal yourself and worry about fabric and other things later. Healing is most important right now.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Edited by - sqrl on Oct 27 2005 08:28:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  1:30:15 PM  Show Profile
bubblesnz,

I just received your wonderful package of charm squares and buttons. I loved all the fabrics, but was especially charmed by the paper doll dress print. It's fun to see what you have available in New Zealand...great stuff! Thank you so much.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  12:47:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I'm a rookie, so bear with me here! I would love to participate in this charm square exchange if it is possible. Can I still join? How? I'd appreciate the guidance in getting started! THANKS!!
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  1:00:59 PM  Show Profile
Hello Kelly
My name is Kate and I've been slowly organizing the Charm Squares. Lists on the farm. All you need to do is e-mail me (kate@maryjanesfarm.org) your name address and phone number and I'll send you all the fun details. Thanks for joining and welcome to the farm girl connection!! Love Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  4:46:04 PM  Show Profile
I am happy to report that the rest of my packs of charm squares went in the mail today. Yippee! Now I can clutter up my sewing table with other stuff! LOL!

Annie
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  7:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Julia V. your charming charm squares and button flowers,so cute,have arrived.Love them.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  2:28:52 PM  Show Profile
To all you wonderful ladies -- thank you so much for the wonderful charm squares and buttons! I love them! I organized my sewing room last Friday and made a special container for all my squares. I can't believe how many I have already. I've got an idea in my head for the quilt I'm going to do. I love rag quilts so I'm going to use a solid background fabric and cut a heart from each charm square to applique onto the squares. I think that hearts are so appropriate because all of you have touched my heart so much!!

Before I start the quilt I'm going to get the rest of my squares cut so I can get them off in the mail!

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  3:50:00 PM  Show Profile
Annie T -- Received your squares today . . . thanks! I especially love the weiner dog pattern -- cool angles and I love the black and tan. It will be fun to use such different fabrics from what I usually select for myself. I'm really enjoying this exchange.
Go to Top of Page

Anna
MaryJane's Farmgirl

27 Posts

Pullman WA
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  12:06:52 PM  Show Profile
I was just wondering if anyone cares whether or not the fabrics I sent out were "typical" quilting fabrics or not? I have a neat idea...

The Sewing Girl at MaryJanesFarm :^)
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  12:37:18 PM  Show Profile
Ooooh, Anna, you have piqued my interest.

I don't know about anyone else but I love variety.....

Lucinda

When we were young, there were moments of such perfectly crystallized happiness that we stood stock still and silently promised ourselves that we would remember them always. And we did. --Holly J. Burkhalter , "Four Midwestern Sisters' Christmas Book"

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  1:18:17 PM  Show Profile
Annie T ~ so many thanks for the great squares! And I loved the card! Beautiful and delicate. thanks again!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  4:10:35 PM  Show Profile
Okay ladies -- I have what might be considered a silly question -- but I have to ask. Do you wash the fabric before you cut the charm squares to send out? I was going to cut more squares today and realized that I hadn't washed the fabric first. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  4:14:18 PM  Show Profile
Well, thanks to weather that keeps me from painting the house, I finally got my charm squares all cut and addressed, but before I mail them all, I want to make sure I have the same amount as everyone, so I don't miss anyone. I have 27, is that right? Also, if some of my squares aren't exact, blame my hubby, he wanted to help me cut, but I really think he wanted to play with my new cutting tool, bless his heart! LOL These will go out on Friday, just making sure I have the right number? Thanks!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  6:17:45 PM  Show Profile
I sent out a few more packs today....I need (NEED) to go fabric shopping for some more cute stuff...I really do...and I hope santa brings me a rotary cutter and mat!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  7:46:43 PM  Show Profile
Junebug,

We just got a new member the other day, so that brings the total up to 29, including yourself. The new addition is Kelly from Washington. Kate sent an email around on Monday. I can forward the email to you, if you need it, or I can email you my entire list if you prefer.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  7:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Kay,
Good Question!
It is a good idea to wash and dry fabric before cutting because
otherwise after it is sewn into a project, it may shrink (causing bunching)when the finished project is washed.Also,the color from unwashed fabric may bleed (especially reds and dark colors)
I speak from experience here, I am embarrassed to say
Now, when I buy fabric, I come home and take it from the bag and put it right on the washer and wash it with the next color appropriate load.

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  8:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Susan - that's what I do too. In fact, I love washing, drying, and then ironing my fabric. Could someone email me an updated charm square list. The last one I have has 12 people on it! I guess I'll have to "force" myself to go back to the fabric store.

Anna -- I would love to have some different kinds of fabrics. Send away!

I'm trying to stick to the colors that people have requested but I'm warning all of you that I am enclosing one pink square. I love, love, love pink and want to share the joy!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  8:48:52 PM  Show Profile
That is what I do too. If I don't do it right away I don't always get it done.
Anna..I like different sorts too...
I did say I prefer green..but I like all colors so I never would mind if mine arn't all green for sure!
How fun that you love pink Kay..my youngest daughter feels that way too.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  05:01:58 AM  Show Profile
Anna -- I like non-traditional as well as traditional or usual. Love to stretch those creative wings.

I, too, love the process of washing, drying, ironing the fabrics. Very meditative, in a way.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  12:58:55 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I got 29 now, almost forgot about the new one just added, thanks for reminding me! I'm good to go, ALL my squares will go out on Friday, so heads up!

" Age is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it dont' matter"

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2005 :  09:00:17 AM  Show Profile
I like the varity in the fabrics, I thinks it's a great idea. So we're up to 29 now. Works for me, my darn buttons are still not finished, soon ladies, soon.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2005 :  09:06:36 AM  Show Profile
I'm way behind on sending out the second half of my list, but don't despair. I always thought my "stash" was bottomless but apparently it's not! I may have to get more fabric...like we need an excuse to do THAT!

I shoulda turned left at Albuquerque..Bugs Bunny
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page