Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  05:59:13 AM  Show Profile
Just received my squares and buttons from owwlady/Jan -- thanks! I love those mini prints, and I always always love buttons. Fun!
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  11:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Received some lovely charm squares today from Kay..thank you dear. And I LOVE pink!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2005 :  09:37:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls...Just want you to know the gals that have sent me their lovely squares I will be sending yours soon. I had to go to ER last night and am a little down in the mouth today...I also want you all to know I am removing myself from the list. I have enjoyed this exchange, but other things are taking up too much time...

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Nov 06 2005 09:41:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  11:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope everything is ok. Be well. Jan

Edited by - owwlady on Nov 07 2005 11:12:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anna
MaryJane's Farmgirl

27 Posts

Pullman WA
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  11:14:20 AM  Show Profile
Okay girls...I finished cutting all my squares on Saturday night and will be sending out my stuff this week! They might not have buttons because I don't own any buttons and I really can't go buy any right now. (But I am going to go to the antique store and if I find an awesome bag of vintage buttons you will all be getting a few!) I'm just sending to everyone on the list whether you've dropped out or not...I don't care if I get anything back. Thank you to everyone who's sent to me...I can't wait to get started on my quilt! Enjoy, everyone!

The Sewing Girl at MaryJanesFarm :^)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  1:38:51 PM  Show Profile
I hope you are feeling better soon too Meadowlark Jenny!!!
Thanks so much to Patricia and Kay..I LOVE the squares you sent..this is so fun...no duplicates at all yet..and such a fun variety!!! I won't probably get them sewn together until after Christmas..but it will be a fun winter project..I can hardly wait!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Nov 08 2005 12:05:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  9:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Yes thank you Patricia for the **FUN** charm squares...they are SO me, too!!
Go to Top of Page

onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  11:30:23 AM  Show Profile
I received my first packet in the mail yesterday and was THRILLED! Thank you, Katie -ell, for the wonderful charm squares and delightful buttons! I was anxious to get my first packet so I could see what others are doing! My squares are cut and I'll be sewing buttons to cards this weekend. This is so much fun!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  1:28:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Kay Butler, for the wonderful charm squares I received today! I did the happy dance all the way in from the mailbox!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  3:05:15 PM  Show Profile
I got to do a charm square dance today at the mail box too..thanks so much Owwlady for the cute buttons and fun fabrics..I love them. I can't get over that I havn't had one single duplicate fabric!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  4:28:00 PM  Show Profile
I got to do the happy dance today, too! I got pretty charm squares from Patricia. Thanks so much!

The only time that housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  07:47:48 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much to Katie-ell for the pretty charm squares. This is so much fun!!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  09:41:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Kay for the great charm squares, I love them !
I too like Meadowlark am coming off the list. I will finish sending to all the gals on the list of 30 that I have. I have truly enjoyed all the squares and buttons. I have finally found the pattern I will be using. You all are great!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  2:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank You owllady Jan for the lovely charm squares and buttons. I love the cheerful red prints! I promise when I am feeling better I will get all my list completed...have just felt like I was run over by a truck this week! You gals are the best and you all ROCK!!!!

Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  3:15:26 PM  Show Profile
Many thanks Annie and Kay, I did the charm square boogie woogie, back from the letterbox today!!
Love all the prints from both of you.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  3:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Well, I couldn't sleep last night so I got up and got the rest of the charm squares cut out. So Anna, Teresa, Bridgette, Karin and Becky, be looking in your mail boxes 'cause their a comin'! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  4:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, owwlady, for the sweet prints and buttons. I see what everybody means by doing the happy dance at the mail box! I really enjoyed picking through my buttons and sewing them onto cards. I'm putting 25 packets in the mail today - look for charms from Fairfield next week!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  10:03:37 AM  Show Profile
Junebug Sue, thank you for the darling charm prints! I loved the strawberry...it is so Missouri. Bet the trees in your beautiful neighbor state are beautiful! I promise I will get all my charms out this week! Have a great weekend! Watch out for twisters today...you and I are in the red zone!

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  11:14:32 AM  Show Profile
junebug,

Thank you so much for the pretty charm squares I received today. I absolutely love the camping scene...it is going to have to be included in a quilt I'm making for my son. Mailbox happy dance!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  6:31:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to two great Farmgirls for my charm squares, received today:

Junebug -- I just love the deep green prints and solids and the black and white, too. Such saturated colors, and I don't have many like that, so it's a real treat.

Kelly, thanks for the great assortment of prints -- a bit of everything. And I actually laughed out loud when I saw the kitty print -- I'm very partial to cats and this one is so fun. And the buttons are fab -- I love the way you sewed them on the card, which I can now display on my calendar collage (I cover up the boring picture for November by clipping and taping fun stuff on). Thanks especially for the square mother-of-pearl -- so cool!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  7:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sue for the squares today. I was gone all day long with my DH car shopping. So coming home to the surprise in the mail made me smile. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  10:42:42 AM  Show Profile
Your all welcome, and I'm sorry I didn't have buttons to add like I had hoped too but buying them was a expensive option but a friend told me to look on ebay so I think I will, my only real source for shopping here is Walmart so I hope that explains?? I was going to add a note to each too but time didn't allow, the house painting is taking longer than we thought due to the weather so since it's taken me forever to get the squares cut and mailed I cheated a bit, so sorry! Meadowlark, hope the storms last night missed you as they did me, got alot of rain, wind and hail but all is ok in the Ozarks, my neck of the woods anyway?

" Age is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it dont' matter"

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  2:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Hey, not to worry, we didn't start this to add stress to anyone. Buttons were just an option anyway, that us collectors of EVERYTHING used as an excuse..LOL
I painted my house last year Junebug so I feel for you. WHAT a project..yuk. Good feeling when it is done though!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  10:18:44 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to Kay for the beautiful prints. So soft and femine, I just love them. And I love the pink one, how did you know I'm not partial to pink? Lately I have grow to appriecate pink a little more. I've always like when pink was used in subtle ways like little rose buds and the such

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  1:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey onequiltychick Kelley! Thanks for the cool charms and the adorable button card you made! Wow! Love it! Was I on your list? I thought I was on an old list...anyway did the fabric dance from the mailbox.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page