Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  5:18:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi kathy and lucinda, I came sprinting home down the paddock with your goodies tucked under my arm. Thanks so much, they are both wonderful. "singing" Ohh happy days............
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  06:27:03 AM  Show Profile
You are SO welcome Helen!

I smiled when I pictured you and your paddock - the only mental image I have to go on is the farm where "The Thornbirds" was filmed - but is there any happier sight than a farmgirl, in her element, sprinting for Joy?!?!

I hope the colors work for you

Lucinda

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps. ---Bronson Alcott

Edited by - thehouseminder on Oct 19 2005 09:11:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

teresa
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

teresa
marysville wa
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  07:54:15 AM  Show Profile
I'm slowly geting packages of fabric and buttons in the mail - what fun! I will send out as I receive as I dont have a list, yet. Does anyone have a child or grandchild in Iraq? My oldest son, Matthew is there...I really miss him. On another subject...does anyone live near Amish country? I'm fascinated with the Amish and dream of someday visiting any place they reside! Even to go to the mid-westsounds so exciting. I live in Washington and have never traveled but someday....
Teresa

The best is yet to come!
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  08:17:21 AM  Show Profile
Kate, No, please don't take me off the charm square list. I've already cut my squares! For some reason I can't email you from the link. It won't go through. So I'll let you know here. I've signed up on the Charm Square and Mail Art lists. I didn't sign up for the Quilt Block, but I did get put on a list, so that's fine, keep me on that. So, all together, the Charm Square, Mail Art, and Quilt Block. If you need my info again, please email me. Thanks Jan Pinter
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  08:20:43 AM  Show Profile
To all the ladies who have me on their charm square list, please keep me on and I'll send back to the people I get from until I get a list. Thanks a lot. Jan Pinter
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  10:37:43 AM  Show Profile
To the Quilting Queen, AnnieT and Kathy Lorden ( I'm not sure what your screen names is) Thanks you , thank you. I just recieve (almost all at one time) squares from these lovely ladies. All so colorful and fun. No repeats yet, I got some cowboy boots and chilis, beautiful florals and pastels. I just love this kind of mail. I want to make sure everyone knows that I will send squares back to them, it will just take me a little longer since I'm making the buttons and have to wait for them to be fired. I don't want anyone to think I forgot. It will give me a little time while we figure out the list confusion anyway. I too am going to make a friendship quilt out of mine, even if I have to add a little fabric in between and around to make it big enough. Then I can have everyone all bundled up in one warm blanket and everytime I use it I'll think of my kindred spirits.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  11:40:20 AM  Show Profile
Don't Worry Jan your still on the list!!

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  11:54:50 AM  Show Profile
I've received 3 packets in the last few days from Annie T, Katie-ell, and Lucinda (Houseminder?). What a delight it was to have so many lovely pieces of fabric to sit and admire and a plethora of colorful buttons! I'm still really amazed there have been no repeats and not a single fabric I've received matches any of the fabrics I've ever purchased in my life. Just seems improbable and impossible...and I love it! Thank you, ladies. I still have several of you from the FabulousFarmFemmes list I got a while back and 4 more added on I still will be sending squares and buttons to. If I miss anybody, I'll get them later, I promise. Thanks again!

I shoulda turned left at Albuquerque..Bugs Bunny
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  3:46:23 PM  Show Profile
My apologies to everyone. I was accidentally put on the charm square list (it was supposed to be only the quilt block list). I had notified Kate but apparently the list went out before I told her. Please take my name off the charm square list.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  09:21:33 AM  Show Profile
Mary, don't worry about it! As someone said in an earlier post, if you recieve charm squares, but don't want to be on the list, consider them a no-strings-attatched gift. I hope you have fun on the quilt block list!
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  10:22:18 AM  Show Profile
I got an idea from a catalog in the mail yesterday. There was a quilt that had a center panel (exactly the size of the top of the bed, but it could be any size you wanted). The solid center panel was filled with various and sundry appliques. The parts that caught my eye were the extensions on all 4 sides of the center panel. These were made up of squares (looked approximately 5-6 inches). I was thinking...wow, using solid panels for the middle, I could get several quilts or throws out of the charm squares I'm amassing. I've never appliqued before, but I think I could muster up the courage to try some of the iron-on versions. Anyway, it was just an idea and I thought I'd pass it on!

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  11:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Carol -- That sounds like a good idea. If you didn't want to tackle applique, how about embroidered panels (oh, as if we all have extra time to sit and embroider! never mind).

Received three packets this week -- thanks Teresa and thanks Julia and thanks Aunt Jenny. An amazing variety of fabrics! And fun and colorful buttons. I'll be sending out a few more this week myself. How fun to get these in the mail. I run each time I hear the mail truck!
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  11:43:45 AM  Show Profile
Hey, you know what? I didn't even think of embroidery but I do have some embroidery patterns for large panels I've never even taken out of their packages and I have one for a "crayon" project where you stencil a design on a panel, then color it in with crayons and press with a hot iron to set the color. You then color some more until you get it the intensity of color you want. I think you may have just sparked the idea for my next project. Thanks, Katie-ell

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  1:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Katie-ell, thanks so much for the lovely charm squares I found in the mailbox today, such a treat! Spend the day at the hospital waiting for my first grandson, he came in record time, only took a hour! He makes 3 precious grandkids now, and another baby quilt to make.LOL And don't think I've forgotten you all, still getting the packages together to mail, now that the waiting is over I can get back to normal, been on call all week!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  1:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the newest grandchild! I've never made a baby quilt and I need to start looking through my books, magazines, and notebooks for ideas. I have a good friend who just welcomed her first grandchild and I plan on attempting one. That's another good idea for those squares, maybe with some "baby" type prints intermixed or a big area in the middle with just baby fabric.

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  3:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks CarolC, love the idea, may have to try it out!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  9:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Quilting Queen love the fabric and the button flower garden is adorable, many thanks
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  06:46:51 AM  Show Profile
bubblesnz,

I'm glad the package made it to New Zealand. With lumpy contents, I was concerned that it might not get there. Glad you liked it!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  06:53:38 AM  Show Profile
Teresa & owwlady,
I received your lovely packages of charm squares with buttons in yesterday's mail. Great prints...love Teresa's rich earth tones and Jan's thread spool print, paisley, and strawberries were definitely hits! Thanks, farmgirls!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  08:32:24 AM  Show Profile
Quiltin Queen - lumpy contents...sounds like a discription of my figure.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  10:32:36 AM  Show Profile
Patricia,
I'm laughing so hard right now! And, it sounds like mine, too!

Jane

Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  09:01:43 AM  Show Profile
Julia, Thank you so much for the charm squares and buttons. They're so pretty. Your pack from me is on it's way. Jan
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  10:44:55 AM  Show Profile
You're welcome Jan! Looking forward to your packet!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  12:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Helen bubblesnoooze...got your charms yesterday..wohoo! My first EVER mail from NZ!! I am saving the stamp for my altered art, and putting the charms in more than one quilt!! They are so fun! i love the owl fabic especiallyand the blackbirds will go in the Halloween quilt I am making now perfectly !Thanks so much.

Actually , I like them so much I may send you another set under an assumed name ****

PD Loved the buttons and the feather...

Edited by - Fabulous Farm Femmes on Oct 25 2005 9:16:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  1:44:58 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I want to apologize for not getting my squares out yet. They are mostly all cut but I am withdrawing from a heavy medication and it's causing many problems. I'm basically doing what I have to do (readings, housework - tho Stu does a lot)and letting things pretty much go to pot until I get better. I'm depressed because it doesn't look like I'll get done all I wanted to for Christmas and it really makes me mad. I hate it when I'm told, "You can't." I always say, who says?" Anyway, my squares and buttons will go out as soon as I can do it. Thanks for understanding, especially those who have sent me theirs. Love,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page