hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  5:24:56 PM  Show Profile
debinmtns,your cookies sound good,no problem here.
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  08:59:48 AM  Show Profile
WOW! I can't believe are not jumping on this. If they think, its too many cookies, they could give a few plates away for gifts!

debinmtns
Have a Gratitude Attitude
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  3:37:53 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by debinmtns

WOW! I can't believe are not jumping on this. If they think, its too many cookies, they could give a few plates away for gifts!

debinmtns

I know,this swap pays for itself!
You had a great idea about having everyone post their recipe on here as soon as they are sent.One recipe typed and everyone has it pronto.Ok EVERYONE,please post your recipe for your cookie or candy on here after your box is sent. Thanks for your cooperation.
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  10:59:16 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hollyhock81

(1)Hollyhock81 milk chocolate fudge
(2)Alee butter cookies
(3)cheryl lemon bars
(4)momof2jrt peanut butter blossoms
(5)myfairlady636 butter balls candy
(6)ktknits almond bars
(7)myellen scones
(8)lovelady biscotti
(9)ddmashayekhi tuxedo brownie cookies
(10)ronna brownies
(11)debinmtns Pecan Nugget Cookies

This is the list of all who are in the exchange so far,and what we are making.
Once its decided what to make,post or e mail me,and I'll put the item next to your name.
Also, please e mail me your addresses. Its a good idea if you want,to make a copy of the recipe you are sending,so we can enjoy the cookies whenever we want. I'm going to limit how many people are in this exchange to 15.
This will be lots of fun!

Edited by - hollyhock81 on Nov 16 2007 11:16:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  11:04:54 AM  Show Profile
How is everyone doing?What does everyone plan on doing with all your cookies?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  6:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
uhm...gaining 15lbs? lol

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  3:45:34 PM  Show Profile
Not me, I am using some to give to my friend who does not bake and my son who does not bake.
now, my hubby might gain, he calls myself The Cookie Monster.

debinmtns
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  6:43:33 PM  Show Profile
I plan on giving some away to our teachers in some tins,and probably to family members.Of course eating some too.Its so nice to have an assortment for the holiday. I can't imagine making 15 dozen different cookies on my own!I got the flat rate boxes today.I cross my fingers they ALL fit,I'll fill one box with 15 dozen something cookie sized objects to make sure.
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  8:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Well with 6 children and also loads of family and we always have a huge family chirstmas get together I am sure they will be eaten up nearly as soon as I open the box, LOL

Amy

http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  9:23:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey all,please feel free to send me a money order if you don't feel comfortable with a check.Infact I would prefer it.Happy baking!
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  04:57:39 AM  Show Profile
HI All-

I am about to go make a practice batch, and had a thought... as biscotti are pretty long, do you think that a dozen regular size will take up too much space in the boxes? Maybe I should only make them 3 in. long? Either way works for me, may be harder to dunk em if they are short.

Toni
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  10:54:26 AM  Show Profile
I would think that shorter and smaller cookie batches would be on the safe size for everyone.Maybe everyone can give some input as to what they think about cookie sizes?
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  7:55:34 PM  Show Profile
How many more do we need to make 15? I can not believe this, 15 dozen different cookies for the holidays. I know people who go to churches and buy cookies by the pound, so they can have them. And we cannot get enough to do this group. I am planning on maKING MY COOKIES ON THE 11 OR 12TH AND MAILING THE SAME DAY. what do you all think?

debinmtns
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  07:24:50 AM  Show Profile
I am changing the cookie recipe that I will be baking for the swap from rugelach to Tuxedo Brownie Cookies. Please let us all know how many to take and when to ship them.

Thanks,
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  10:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My cookies are going to be pretty small other wise they don't brown right and taste kindof doughy.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  11:16:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls,sorry I didn't reply sooner.I was at the field museum yesterday it was fun!
Well I think since this cookie swap isn't budging everyone can start early and make and send the cookies,and as soon as they all arrive I'll pack them all up and send early to everyone if thats ok.Bake your cookies as small as you'd like without turning them into dollhouse sized things.

I know I'm shocked about not being able to fill this swap up.Maybe its because I was a little disorganized,I'm sorry to all. This was my first swap I was in charge of.But whatever the reason this will be fun.

I'll make the changes for cookies/candy on here too,I'll change mine to fudge since its not the holidays without it. Everyone should send 10 dozen (1 dozen for everyone but yourself)
here is my address if anyone lost it.

Farah caldwell
89 kaper lane
Valparaiso IN
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  11:25:15 AM  Show Profile
quote:

Anyone want to be in a X mas cookie/candy exchange?
I was in a similar thing at recipe zaar,and they are fun.
Can be homeade (more fun),or store bought. How many dozen cookies/candies exchanged depends on how many sign up.Cookies must be made and shipped 2 weeks before x mas,due to hectic holiday mailings. If any are interested please post,and we will go from there.************UPDATE********!!!
Everyone in the exchange here are the rules.This works kinda different than a swap,its a cookie exchange,so we exchange with everyone .I won't know how many cookies to have everyone make until all the spots get filled,Deadline to sign up is the 21st of November.If we have 15 people sign up,we make 14 dozen cookies or candy.Everyone send me your cookies in a flat rate box,they are 9.00 at your post office. Send a money order (I prefer) or a check for the same amount as your box total at your post office .Then I will divide up the cookies for everyone,and ship them out using the money order or check amount you sent me for your box .Then when you get your cookies let me know by posting on here.Also if anyone decides to change what they make,please make sure you let me know and its still a different cookie or candy that is posted on the list.I hope this clears up everything.If you haven't already e mailed me your snail mail addresses please do so in the coming weeks.

HUGS,Farah

Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  1:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Farah, you did a wonderful job, and don't think any other way. We have, what we have. And I am very grateful for who we have and appreciate everyone who sign up for doing it. Thank you, Ladies. We will have a marvelous time this year. I am attaching my recipes with my cookies so everyone will have it.

debinmtns
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sticksnhooks
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  12:22:05 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by debinmtns

Farah, you did a wonderful job, and don't think any other way. We have, what we have. And I am very grateful for who we have and appreciate everyone who sign up for doing it. Thank you, Ladies. We will have a marvelous time this year. I am attaching my recipes with my cookies so everyone will have it.

debinmtns
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sticksnhooks

Thanks for your kind words,they made me feel better about this.I am very grateful for all who have stuck by.I will post my recipe on here too once I send off the packages.I hope everyone shares your recipes too.Have a safe happy weekend everyone.
Go to Top of Page

myfairlady636
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Janice
Fort Bridger WY
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  07:39:38 AM  Show Profile
Please advise of the shipping date

My Fair Lady

"Our lives have meaning, purpose and direction"
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  1:13:35 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Hi girls,sorry I didn't reply sooner.I was at the field museum yesterday it was fun!
Well I think since this cookie swap isn't budging everyone can start early and make and send the cookies,and as soon as they all arrive I'll pack them all up and send early to everyone if thats ok.Bake your cookies as small as you'd like without turning them into dollhouse sized things.

I know I'm shocked about not being able to fill this swap up.Maybe its because I was a little disorganized,I'm sorry to all. This was my first swap I was in charge of.But whatever the reason this will be fun.

I'll make the changes for cookies/candy on here too,I'll change mine to fudge since its not the holidays without it. Everyone should send 10 dozen (1 dozen for everyone but yourself)
here is my address if anyone lost it.

Farah caldwell
89 kaper lane
Valparaiso IN

Above I mentioned everyone can send them now if they want.
Happy baking.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  4:32:58 PM  Show Profile
Farah, I think you did a great job!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  8:56:06 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl

Farah, I think you did a great job!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Cheryl,thats so sweet of you to say.
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  11:02:05 AM  Show Profile
Okay exactly when do you want these by, My reason for asking is this. I want to mail them out the same day I make them and will do it priority mail but I want to know when exactly you want them by so that the turn aroundis fairly short. I do prefer to have things as fresh as possible when they get to people. So if you could let me know a date for sure that would be the best.

Oh and I should have a new address by the 7th Yeah!!!!! And a more premanet one hopefully.

Amy

http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  3:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Its up to everyone though to agree on a specific date if thats what everyone wants.

OK Everyone please pick a date when you'd like to send them all out.Hope this helps with any confusion.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Holidays: Previous Topic cookie Xchange spots filled Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page