(3)cheryl lemon bars
(4)momof2jrt peanut butter blossoms
(5)myfairlady636 butter balls candy
(6)sherone_13 yjortabakkles
(7)ktknits almond bars
(8)mburns fudge
(9)amyellen scones
(10)lovelady lemon bars

This is the list of all who are in the exchange so far,and what we are making.
Once its decided what to make,post or e mail me,and I'll put the item next to your name.
Also, please e mail me your addresses. Its a good idea if you want,to make a copy of the recipe you are sending,so we can enjoy the cookies whenever we want. I'm going to limit how many people are in this exchange to 15.
This will be lots of fun!

Edited by - hollyhock81 on Oct 19 2007 4:20:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  09:09:34 AM  Show Profile
Amy, just make sure you can trust your mother with that box of delicious goodies until you have a chance retrieve it from her..haha! Or maybe you could use that as her Christmas present. Who wouldn't want to be that recipient!

I won't be joining this exchange, but just had to post my silly response to you, Amy!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  11:39:49 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I'll throw my apron in the ring! I'll make Rugelach.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  11:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey Holly-

Can you out line the rules of the swap for us? Are we swapping one on one, sending a whole bunch of cookies to you and you swapping them and sending us some of every ones? How many do we need to make? When is the dead line?

Thanks!

Alee

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  12:41:02 PM  Show Profile
************UPDATE********!!!
Everyone in the exchange here are the rules.This works kinda different than a swap,its a cookie exchange,so we exchange with everyone .I won't know how many cookies to have everyone make until all the spots get filled,Deadline to sign up is the 21st of November.If we have 15 people sign up,we make 15 dozen cookies or candy.Everyone send me your cookies in a flat rate box,they are 9.00 at your post office and a check for 9.00.Then I will divide up the cookies for everyone,and ship them out using the 9.00 you sent me for your box .Then when you get your cookies let me know by posting on here.Also if anyone decides to change what they make,please make sure you let me know and its still a different cookie or candy that is posted on the list.I hope this clears up everything.If you haven't already e mailed me your snail mail addresses please do so in the coming weeks.

Alee,huge thank you for saving this exchange!

Edited by - hollyhock81 on Oct 19 2007 4:02:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  1:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
OKay, Just a thought here-

I won't be able to afford sending out 15 packages. If you consider the USPS flat rate box is basically $9 then that is $135 of postage! Yikes. But is we are sending 15 dozen cookies then we will know what the postage is for that size box. So, if we sent ALL the cookies to one person to swap out along with a check for postage then we would be only spending $18 in postage ($9 to send and $9 to recieve).

Just my two cents worth because I will have to back out if it is going to be that expensive. I would love to do it, but I just don't have the money to do that right now.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  3:57:43 PM  Show Profile
Alee,very good point.I just didn't think that part through!
Some might be able to do that,and some might not.Well I was onto something,but I have a road block.I want everyone to take part in this though.Lets just have everyone send me 9.00, with the cookies in a flat rate box if they are comfortable with that,and I'll divide the cookies.Great idea,you saved the day.
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  4:03:08 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Alee

OKay, Just a thought here-

I won't be able to afford sending out 15 packages. If you consider the USPS flat rate box is basically $9 then that is $135 of postage! Yikes. But is we are sending 15 dozen cookies then we will know what the postage is for that size box. So, if we sent ALL the cookies to one person to swap out along with a check for postage then we would be only spending $18 in postage ($9 to send and $9 to recieve).

Just my two cents worth because I will have to back out if it is going to be that expensive. I would love to do it, but I just don't have the money to do that right now.

Alee

************UPDATE********!!!
Everyone in the exchange here are the rules.This works kinda different than a swap,its a cookie exchange,so we exchange with everyone .I won't know how many cookies to have everyone make until all the spots get filled,Deadline to sign up is the 21st of November.If we have 15 people sign up,we make 15 dozen cookies or candy.Everyone send me your cookies in a flat rate box,they are 9.00 at your post office and a check for 9.00.Then I will divide up the cookies for everyone,and ship them out using the 9.00 you sent me for your box .Then when you get your cookies let me know by posting on here.Also if anyone decides to change what they make,please make sure you let me know and its still a different cookie or candy that is posted on the list.I hope this clears up everything.If you haven't already e mailed me your snail mail addresses please do so in the coming weeks.

Alee,huge thank you for saving this exchange!
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  4:12:14 PM  Show Profile
(1)Hollyhock81 Thumbprints
(2)Alee butter cookies
(3)cheryl lemon bars
(4)momof2jrt peanut butter blossoms
(5)myfairlady636 butter balls candy
(6)sherone_13 yjortabakkles
(7)ktknits almond bars
(8)myellen scones
(9)lovelady biscotti
(10)ddmashayekhi rugelach
(11)ronna brownies
(12)debinmtns Pecan Nugget Cookies

This is the list of all who are in the exchange so far,and what we are making.
Once its decided what to make,post or e mail me,and I'll put the item next to your name.
Also, please e mail me your addresses. Its a good idea if you want,to make a copy of the recipe you are sending,so we can enjoy the cookies whenever we want. I'm going to limit how many people are in this exchange to 15.
This will be lots of fun!

Edited by - hollyhock81 on Oct 26 2007 5:25:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  4:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That sounds great. Thanks for the consideration about the postage issue.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  5:19:27 PM  Show Profile
thanks for fixing my goof!
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  6:38:47 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hideaway Farmgirl

Amy, just make sure you can trust your mother with that box of delicious goodies until you have a chance retrieve it from her..haha! Or maybe you could use that as her Christmas present. Who wouldn't want to be that recipient!

I won't be joining this exchange, but just had to post my silly response to you, Amy!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"

LOLI think I can trust her... HAHAHHA. I think, LOL Hmmmm maybe I won't tell her whats in the box.

Thanks for the giggle
Amy

http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  7:18:38 PM  Show Profile
Okay, count me in too. I'll make brownies, they ship and keep well. Not here, cause I make a pig of myself, but will arrive in good shape for sharing. Hope I have family here to keep me from pigging out on the nice selection of goodies.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  9:56:54 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ronna

Okay, count me in too. I'll make brownies, they ship and keep well. Not here, cause I make a pig of myself, but will arrive in good shape for sharing. Hope I have family here to keep me from pigging out on the nice selection of goodies.
Ronna

ok,please e mail me your address.
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  4:08:17 PM  Show Profile
OK, I think I shall make biscotti if that's alright with everyone. I haven't actually made them before, but it was a toss-up between that and molasses-ginger cookies, and I went with the one that will probably ship the best. Everything sounds delicious! =)
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  11:02:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,I sent out my address today.Please check your inbox.
I'm missing a few e mails,so that's why you wouldn't have gotten a reply with my address.
If you don't see my e mail today,please e mail me your info.
Thanks! Big thank you to Ktknits,she lives in my town and offered to help me with the boxing and such.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1794 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1794 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  1:07:19 PM  Show Profile
sorry, need to withdraw from this one.
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  1:34:18 PM  Show Profile
MBurns,so sorry you are withdrawing.
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  1:42:24 PM  Show Profile
Please send out your check and cookies by December 3rd.That should be enough time for me to get them and send them out.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  6:03:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Toni, Biscotti sounds wonderful!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  9:00:33 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join in...Any shipping ideas for keep from breakage? Real popcorn? bubble wrap?

debinmtns
Have a Gratitude Attitude
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  9:55:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi debimtns,I'm glad you joined,welcome!
Well you can put layers of thin bubble wrap,but its not mandatory.I would pack the cookie or candy so there isn't much space between each item to shift. If any on here have any packing hints or tips let everyone know.
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  11:00:06 PM  Show Profile
Anyone want to be in a X mas cookie/candy exchange?
I was in a similar thing at recipe zaar,and they are fun.
Can be homeade (more fun),or store bought. How many dozen cookies/candies exchanged depends on how many sign up.Cookies must be made and shipped December 3,due to hectic holiday mailings. If any are interested please post,and we will go from there.************UPDATE********!!!
Everyone in the exchange here are the rules.This works kinda different than a swap,its a cookie exchange,so we exchange with everyone .I won't know how many cookies to have everyone make until all the spots get filled,Deadline to sign up is the 21st of November.If we have 15 people sign up,we make 15 dozen cookies or candy.Everyone send me your cookies in a flat rate box,they are 9.00 at your post office and a check for the same amount as your final cost of your box.Then I will divide up the cookies for everyone,and ship them out using the 9.00 you sent me for your box .Then when you get your cookies let me know by posting on here.Also if anyone decides to change what they make,please make sure you let me know and its still a different cookie or candy that is posted on the list.I hope this clears up everything.If you haven't already e mailed me your snail mail addresses please do so in the coming weeks.

HUGS,Farah

[/quote]

Edited by - hollyhock81 on Oct 22 2007 11:11:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

hollyhock81
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

FARAH
IN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  11:02:01 PM  Show Profile
everyone,please make your check amount you send me for the amount of the final cost it was to mail me your cookie box.This will save me a huge headache with guessing hidden costs for me at the post office.

Edited by - hollyhock81 on Oct 22 2007 11:10:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  1:22:03 PM  Show Profile
If no one minds I am going to make Pecan Nugget Cookies. I love them and I have to make a ton of them anyway. They are my favorite Christmas cookie.

debinmtns
Have a Gratitude Attitude
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Holidays: Previous Topic cookie Xchange spots filled Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page