Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Update Kooky Cluckers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic
Page: of 33

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  8:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Spiked hot chocolate...now there's an idea! I just down 4 ibuprofens instead. So far...not working! Maybe I should go rummage through the liquor cabinet to see what's in there. I've got about another 15 minutes left in me and then it's time for B-E-D!!! :o)

Spring...We're waiting for you!

Live Long, Laugh Often, Farm Much!!
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #52

http://farmgirlgourmet.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  9:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am dreading shoveling snow tomorrow. I called our local "Do It Best" Hardware store and they actually ran out of sidewalk de-icer.

I hope you feel better tomorrow Heather!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  11:32:10 PM  Show Profile
dairy princess-ikes what happened to you being a princess and not having to shovel snow, martini party for one girl

me well i have offically decided to hybernate for the rest of the winter so if you want me i will be curled up in my bed dreaming of those nice rainy spring days or sunny i dont care at this point

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  07:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Amen Teresa - warm flannel sheets...here I come! I was going to say "we" but that might appear strange to people. :) I am and will always be a princess...BUT, I am a princess who gets down and dirty when I need to. I unforuntately don't have the monetary means to HIRE IT OUT. Someday I will, someday! Then I'll sit in the window with my sparkly tiara on sipping Dom Perignon while the "workers" do the tough stuff. LMAO...that will never ever happen!! So much for getting to the fabric store to finish this quilt. Oh well, it took this long to work on it, so I guess another 2 years or so won't make a difference. :o)

Stay warm everyone!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  08:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Everyone in this snow storm- please stay inside. As I was outside playing in the snow (working on my snow fort and shoveling snow) I heard not one but two ambulances respond to something. So please respect the dangerous conditions and hunker down like the deer!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  4:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay, so I didn't take my own advice. The snow had stopped for a while and I decided we need a few provisions just in case. Well, my car got high centered because I was too silly to shovel the snow from behind my car. Luckily some very nice people stopped and helped me by dragging my car backwards until I was free of the snow bank! I am now ready to hunker down and not leave! I am even sending DH out to get the groceries from the car! hehehe!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  5:49:59 PM  Show Profile
dairy princess-ok so ya need some help to get that sucker done, i suggest we make a finish it up date cause i am in the same boat lol, i have a quilt top thats been done forever but i just have to put it together

alee- sorry honey but you seemed to have gotten the worse end of the storm it was easy going around here, had to go to the doc and be told that i get antibiotics for my cat scratch dang it and i get the pleasure of having an iv during labor

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  5:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think all women who birth in hospitals have IV's these days, sweetie. That way if you start bleeding out or need fluids you are already hooked up. I didn't need the antibiotics and I was still going to get the IV even if they hadn't induced me. Just make sure they put it far enough up that people don't keep bumping it. That was the problem with mine- but my hands are so small all the tubing and such got in the way. :(

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  5:57:22 PM  Show Profile
Ventured out with Teresa cause she had oby/gyn, man are the roads rough out there. Yes, we stopped at store to get our quota of chocolate cause a girl has to have her chocolate.
Then home again jiggity job.
And they are saying more snow!!!!! Enough already, PLLLEEEAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  6:41:23 PM  Show Profile
alee- when i had beth i didnt have an iv, you dont have to have one. i havent had a problem with an iv so not worried about it. i had already decided to get one cause i know my history with my other two wonderful munchkins.
sooooo i am praying the kids have school tommorrow cause they really want to go

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  8:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Teresa, as of 4 today, Cheney SD is closed Friday. Sorry chica! We just got plowed out (about 20 minutes ago) and we now have the ability to drive more than 5 feet. So more snow huh? I looked up tickets to Maui and they're only $600 round trip!! Sign me freakin up! :o) Ok, I need to veg. Have a good night everyone!

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  02:36:57 AM  Show Profile
yeah i looked it up around sevenish and saw that school is closed, boy are the kids bummed out they really miss school.
hmmm....... how to get the money to fly to maui, firemama and i did discuss hijacking a plane and blaming it on my hormones that and the crazy weather made us do it(yeah but we all now where that would end up, lol)

yeah i can tell time its freaken late, i woke up hungry and with heartburn kinda hard to go to sleep when its like that and i have a munchkin that has been coughing off and on.... so i will be taking a nap tommorrow

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  3:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
What is this outside?Hmmm I feel the sun!! I am sure it will be short lived but I will take it for now. I have been uber busy scraping the road on my block, I know alot ofthepeople aroundhere are not good, but that doesnt mean that I have to be.Right? So yeterday I scraped and shoveled and scraped some more about 5 hours total.The lady onthe corner,she walks with a limp so I shoveled her out,there is a single mom in the apartments so my neighbor (the one really cool one) shoveled her drive way so the kids and her didnt have to walk too far toget home, or get stuck.
So I have been busy counting down the days, 20 til we get the keys,watching the kids sled.Even the few neighborhood kids have been over,surprisingly enough they are well behaved when I am around
I have been thinking of all of you and cant wait for my first post from my new home!!!!!

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  3:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I woke up to a great suprise this morning. One of my kind neighbors, or perhaps the city took pity on me and shoveled a parking spot for me! Oh joy! And it was even waiting for me when I got home! Double joy! Especially since it took me over a half hour to get out of the parking place this morning that had to "do" last night. Lots and lots of snow!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  9:35:54 PM  Show Profile
hmmmmm...... just checking something

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  9:52:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Teresa I looked and saw, you CAN do it!!I will be here to back you up and light a fire under your hiney!!

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  10:13:26 PM  Show Profile
You go girl Teresa, I am proud of you.

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  10:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather, they plowed you out so you can come off the funny farm!!!!!!LOL. I bet it was nice to get out though.

Alee, you could go to work today? You all got all the weather this last time. I think our snow shovels are attatched at the hand lately.
Went to go out my door this afternoon and got hit on the head with a snow chunk from the roof. Thankfully it wasn't icy. So knocked some off the roof around where people walk so it doesnt' happen to anyone else.

Audrina, how is the attack on the ants going? You go girl and get those buggers!!!!!!

Jessie, so happy for the good news the dh has job. Still happy dancing for you and your family.

Amanda, yes, I have to say it was nice to see the sun and kudos to your girl for helping your neighbor. Proud of you!!!!!

I am drinking liquids like crazy and doing the salt thing. That lovely cold got shared....darn......

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  10:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I'm confused...what can Teresa do (I am sure she can!)?

Yup! I made it to work today- only an hour late due to weather. It took me half an hour to get out of my parking spot. Silly snow plow! I have some really awesome pictures from today that I will post soon.

Alee just went and played real poker for the first time and won some $$$ :D Poor Doug lost some $$$ Some of it to me!! hehehe

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2008 :  07:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Woohoo Alee! Check out Teresa's new blog! She's starting a new chapter in her life and we're all here to root her on!!

GO TERESA GO TERESA!! :o) You can totally do it! Just remember...every great achievement started by taking a baby step forward!

CS - Funny farm...that's "funny". It was really nice to not feel stranded anymore. We have 1/4 mile of road that was 4 feet high of solid snow! It was not fun. After we spent $175 dollars to have it all plowed, we got a call from the FAA (who have equipment for the airport at the top of our hill) saying that they were sending out a bulldozer to dig out the road. Gee thanks! So he had a nice easy job! Oh well.

Enjoy the day everyone...looks like it will be mild today!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2008 :  07:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ah! I get it! Thanks Heather!

I too have debt and am working on paying it off one chunk at a time. It is nice when you can finally close a chapter of debt forever! This will be a year of great financial improvement for us!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2008 :  07:39:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
I just posted about the Farmgirl Blessings chapter get together at Polka Dot Pottery on March 1st. You can read the particulars on that post. Anyway, I just wanted to extend a farmgirl invite to each of you. Hope to see you all there for some good farmgirl laughter and chatter!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2008 :  09:02:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Brenda,
Will go look up the particulars, with baby due so close not sure what grandma here and dd will be doing. Hopefully playing with baby boy!!!!!!

So Heather after you paid they come, now why does that just fiugre.

My mom emailed and asked me if I was done with snow for now. I am definitely done and so glad we aren't getting as much this weekend as they thought.

Ok, off to check out particulars.

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2008 :  09:30:18 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda,
I'm thinking I am gonna give "painting" another try....hope the Spokane air will give me better creativity.
I am marking my calender now for 3-1-08,,, don't be late.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2008 :  09:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Hey there Kooky kluckeretts....
I am alive & breathing, but between satelite outages and snow and SIL being nack in town just have not been able to play on the MJF forum much.
Well Mommy T, how many more days till the wee little one arrives?
Heather, sorry to hear about the snow, ya know what they say,,,, "if life gives you snow...make snowmen" lol!
Mama Klucker, watch out for that falling snow.... I have been opening the doors gently then I slam it shut to encourage any loose snow to fall off first before it pullups my on the head!
Alle, have you and Nora made snow angels yet????
Amanda, have you been getting your phone/cable etc services set up yet? How exciting.
Audrina, sorry, we forgot to save you some of this snow....but we'll make up for it when you get up her come summer....
Ok, off to work on my Spring quilt blocks...

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page