Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Update Kooky Cluckers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic
Page: of 33

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  4:02:40 PM  Show Profile
heh, I big sled and a good stout donkey or pony to pull it. How is the quilt coming Alee? I think we are due for snow all week, so you may have time to sew on it (I am laughing at my own statement due to the fact that you are mom to a 10 month old farmerette and likely time is pretty rare)

CS, LFD and Pickles, sorry about the power outs . That is always rough for me with out my precious internet LOL, I know how you feel Pickles

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  5:09:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey had power by midnight last night, it was the first time we have had to test out that little fireplace that we have. It did really really well!!!! It kept us at 65 in our little mobile, the back bedroom was a bit chilly but we were fine. Our stove is propane and had oil lamps, so stayed cuddled up and couch and read. NOt bad.

Now our clawfoot tub that was on our porch holds our firewood. lol
Staying warm and tucked in.

Amanda funny, you are done, so done. That sure made me laugh. I did officially go sledding with girls. NOt for long cause it was cold but I can say I went sledding.
Hmmmm spring......not yet......moer snow coming....aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  5:43:59 PM  Show Profile
well they have decided that monkey is gonna be on time but i am hoping for a week earlier. so due date is feb 26. went sledding with the kiddos(shhhh... i went down once with them and almost got beached on the inertube). i was some how able to wiggle into my snowpants. oh for the shoe tying thing i dont tie them cause i have a wonderful pair of slip ons, they arent very pretty but highly functional

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  9:59:54 PM  Show Profile
ok, here is an update on my day today...short version: went to rescue DH & his friend-they were on their way to plow out our DD..their plow truck broke down....then I returned and parked at the bottom of DD driveway, hiked up & helped her down(remember she is in a arm cast)-had to run in to town/market & bank...while driving, the car in front of me spun out and ended up faceing me,,we had a little skidding but we didn't hit into her car & luckly the truck behind didn't hit me...fast forward: took DD home, saw that her driveway had been plowed(so we thought from what we could see on the first curve) till I got up around the 2nd curve....uhoh! couldn't go any further, so I put the truck(1/2ton 4x4 Chevy) in reverse, hit a patch of ice that was buried under the snow & slid partially off the embankment(small ditch)... oh joy! so, I had to dig out the snow from under the truck, snagged 2 rugs from DD porch, and with a lot of determination & only 1 four letter word managed to get the truck unstuck....now for the fun part, I had to back all the way down the driveway.... forget Calgon(take me away) I need a martini & make it a double!!! If the Spokane Airport didn't have it's own issues, I might have been on the next plane to good ol' Calif!!! lol! just kidding...it just goes to show, we gals are not whimps!
I think I just might have to drink my way through the next 2-3 weeks of snow!
just kidding, just kidding....but I certainly didn't get any sewing done today... I refuse to leave the house tomorrow come heck or high water!
ok, I am going to peek in over in the stitching posts & then off to bed, just me, motrin, DH & assorted kitties.
stay warm & sleep sweet all.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 28 2008 10:01:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  10:13:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey Grace...that's why I stay home on snow days.
Took me 7 1/2 hours to go 65 miles from east of Palmdale to No Hollywood where I worked and decided I wasn't going to do that again. spent several hours on the overpass that later fell in the Northridge earthquake. Isn't that I can't drive in it, but I don't want to unless it's necessary.
You deserve a martini or anything else that warms you and calms you after that day.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  11:37:26 PM  Show Profile
OH MY WORD GRACE,
That is an adventure you didn't need at all girl. Glad you dd didn't
hurt herself at all!!! or you for that matter.

Hon a few martinis wouldn't hurt you at all. Hopefully you are all tucked in bed tonight to wake up to doing it all over again. Hmmmm, is that a flake or two I see out my window....shhhhhhhhhhh.

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  06:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Grace-

Glad you are okay! It sounds like you had a ROUGH day!

It snowed here all night, but only another 3 inches or so. Wish me luck in getting to work safely!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  06:51:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
WOW Grace! My heart goes out to you! I was just sitting here trying to figure out if I was going to brave it and go into the office today....but reading your post has made me say FORGET IT!! As for your thoughts about Spokane Airport....I'll MEET YOU THERE!! I have 2 criteria for destination....SUN and NO SNOW IN SIGHT! :o) Mojave Desert, that would work! I've only lived here for 4 1/2 years and this is definitely the worst winter I've been through and hopefully the last for a while. I keep saying...we better get a wonderful LONG HOT summer. :o)

Anyway, I'm glad you managed OK and that you only dropped 1 four letter word (that part made me laugh out loud). GIRLS ROCK! Enjoy your day of sewing and martini-ing....and not driving in this nutso weather.

Heather

Live Long, Laugh Often, Farm Much!!
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #52

http://farmgirlgourmet.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  10:01:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Grace I applaud you in only 1 four letter word!! You are so much stronger than I am ; ) . I hope you stay in today!!
Alee please stay safe on your ride to work!!
And Heather I swear if you go to Cali w/out me you will be SO SORRY!!! I will hunt you down like a rabid beast, I will find "juno i wanchoo" and tell that goober your where abouts, it wont be pretty sister!
I told dh last night, lets go back. Half kidding this really is super depressing. The kids had another snowday today,They were stoked.
I am trying not to be whiny, cause after all our power hasnt gone out, I've only got only 23 more days, we are warm and fed.
the kids are being good, this snow is good right, I mean isnt it dry up here? Dont we need it? I hope so.
Anyhoots stay home everyone, Alee I wish you didnt have to go out. Stay warm and safe ladies!!!
And Grace I promise when I get in my house we will have a Martini for you and whoever else drinks that sissylala stuff,lol ; ) and a Corona and lime for me!!

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Amanda - do you think I'm totally insane? I would never leave without you Sister! I can see what the wrath of firemama is...and homey ain't gonna play dat. :) So, don't laugh everyone...but I'm inspired to get my sewing machine out and work on the denim quilt I started 4 years ago. I know I know...it's hilarious...but I swear I'm gonna do it! I've run out of procrastinating things to do....so sewing is up next on the list. :) Maybe my son will have the quilt by the time he's 18. He could take it to college with him. LOL Wish me luck! Hopefully the dust-bunnies on the machine won't fight back!

Have fun everyone!!
~H

Enjoy the day....as much as humanly possible!
Heather

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:24:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee, do be careful driving today....
Amanda & Heather....SOCAL GAls "if the snow don't ease up-ROAD TRIP!!!!!!! lol!
I can't believe how much snoe we have shoveled in the last 2 days only to wake up to another 6-8"...but the fun part was when on the news last nite the newsperson said for those of you who have not lived here in Spokane (less then 5 years) don't go selling your house & moving away,,,,this is not typical winter weather here!, I sure hope he is right!!!
C.S. & Teresa, stay safe....& no more power outages for you, why should you have all the fun!?!?
Ok, off to my play room....

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 29 2008 12:25:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  3:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well I got to work safe and sound. I had to break trail going down the hill because the snow plow hadn't been there yet and I was the only crazy person out. It was a bit scary and I slipped a few times, then I got high centered on the snow of the driveway where I work. My boss had to pull me out, and then I got high centered AGAIN when I was backing out so he had to come back down and pull me out again. Then when I got home I tried to shovel out my parking spot but ended up sliding into a neighbors car when I tried to park and a good samaritan used his truck to pull me forward and away from the other vehicle.

I wish Nora was still taking afternoon naps because I need to go shovel snow, but I guess I will just have to do that tonight after she is in bed.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  3:38:15 PM  Show Profile
"Hopefully the dust bunnies won't fight back" Dang girl that is hysterical. Hey you 2 just better not go without me to someplace warm, where I can run my toes through the sand and stand there with the sun streaming down on my face....ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes we will be really glad we have this come summer, but whooziiierrr this is a lot!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  3:45:59 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
Glad you are back home safe, and Grace shall be the sewing queen, with Heather round the corner for secone and me at a trot in third.......

Watching people drive past our place is interesing, a few have gotten stuck for a few minutes and off they go again. Yep, nice day to stay inside, yep the whole week in fact.

Grace, yep don't sell your houses yet and run for cover, winters aren't all like this.

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  5:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well, I got a little pavement showing! Yeah! I have been chipping through about 6 inches of ice and snow to get down there, now I am just hoping to continue!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  6:32:06 PM  Show Profile
ok so i vote if we all go somewhere it has a good hospital, i am soooo done with this snow and with the school closures. i dont know how much more i can take of my kids being inside cause its so deep that the snow goes straight down their snowboots and they are cold fast. however tommorrow i shall be kicking them outside for my own sanity and i cant have that martini(so need to have a martini party after the little monkey comes) on thurs i have another doc appointment and lets see if they cancel it or not. please oh please let there be school!!!!!!

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  7:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Hey Teresa - just looked at KXLY.com and Cheney SD is closed tomorrow again. Tell the kiddos to put their snowpants on the outside of their boots and then kick em outside! The martini's will be here before you know it. Eat lots of spicy food and that should get that little man movin'.

CS - the dust bunnies came in peace and didn't put up a fight at all. AND I actually got most of the quilt pieced together! YAHOO. Connor might get this thing before he's 7!! I just need to get the flannel for the backside and it will be complete! Lovin' it. Thanks to all of you for talking about your sewing projects and inspiring me to get the ole sewing machine out and USE IT!

Well, another day tomorrow of this bonkers weather! CarolSue, I think a major roadtrip for ALL of us is in order! Actually, I'd rather fly...then we can go somewhere FURTHER away! :o) I almost have my DH convinced that we should take a trip...NOW!!! But...I'm sure it's just a passing moment, he'll be back to convincing ME that the snow isn't too bad! Well, time to go back to my sewing machine. Have a wonderful WARM night everyone!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  7:31:12 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
I started my son's denim quilt when he was a teenager and he's 33 now. Had the top done and never quite got to the backing,though I had some cool red cotton for it...still do, somewhere. I took it apart, since denim frays badly if the seams are not bound (think cut off's) and still haven't put it back together for him. It's the first project for my sewing machine when I find it in "The Room" one of these days.
You ladies all keep warm and dry. Just snow flurries so far here, but lots of blowing snow and white out between Reno and Carson City.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  7:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have decided that tomorrow I am going to salt and sand my poor parking spot. Ugh. Note to self- Shovel snow before it gets this bad!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  8:08:59 PM  Show Profile
lol alee i am shoveling snow cause dh seems to think that you can just drive thru it with good tires and then looses his cool when he gets stuck. go figure honey! I got in the car and got it unstuck in like 2 min.

ok heather i say hawaii sounds like heaven to me lay on the beach and listen to the waves and just soak in the sun.... aaaahhhh what a wonderful fantasy
and i have decided to keep the monkey in until we can get to the hospital without any snow problems

lavendar girl

Edited by - Lavendar fields dreamer on Jan 29 2008 8:09:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  9:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Teresa-

Are you trying to have that little boy early or something girl? What the heck are you doing shoveling snow! And sledding? Silly girl! You be careful!

Sooo...I had a crafting crisis tonight. My sewing machine is at work...so no sewing. My backpack got left in the car so no knitting (btw- my scarf is almost done!! yippee!) no yarn for crocheting. Darn. Just realized I have a crochet rag run that I could have worked on.

But I did realize I had some crochet thread and a tatting needle...Yay! So I started tatting again. I figured I would have to re-learn how to do it, but once I got the needle threaded- ta da! I was tatting! I had MJ's "Stitching Room" opened to the right page for verification purposes but MJ "taught" me so well the first time that I didn't need to re-learn how to do it at all! Yay!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  1:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I think a road trip sounds great; usually I'd say come on down to "sunny" California, but I think you'd be more miserable here dealing with all the rain...It's grey and gloomy, and Hazel picked this week to get some flu bug (she woke me up at 1:00 in the morning with those dreaded words,"mom, I think I'm gonna throw up....) Add to that dental problems, too much work, power and cable going in and out, and an insect invasion (go figure, the ants would rather come inside the house instead of drowning outside....), and it's been a rather miserable week. Hawaii sounds good!

Teresa- are you trying to get on one of those reality shows-something like "World's Craziest Pregnant Women"? I think you'd get the award between the sledding and the snow shoveling!

Carol Sue- glad to hear that you've got the power back on! Don't feel bad about your sewing backlog- I'm gonna beat you on "lateness" for the mini-aprons; I'm mailing them tomorrow also!

Okay, so here's a "bad planning" story for the day- my brother lives in Mica (outside of Spokane) on about 11 acres; he has a beautiful home, and he's "well off" (he and his wife make and spend a lot of money...must be nice, but I wouldn't know ) Anyway, he's lived in Washington for about 7 years, so I guess you could also label this story as "people who should know better..." My mom called and said they'd called-the power was out at their house, and they weren't able to get out of the driveway (the snowplow only plows to the main road, not their very long, very steep, non-paved road up to the house). She asked about how they were doing for winter supplies- apparently, they had never gotten around to getting a back-up generator, no battery operated anything (and no batteries), no propane for the grill, everything except for the fireplace is electric (and they had no extra firewood), no snow-blower, no water (the well needs electricity to run I guess) and he ended the phone call by saying he had to cut the call short, because the battery on the cell phone was running down and they had no way to recharge it (all they have in the house are cordless phones)! Luckily, the power came back on after 24 hours and there doesn't seem to be any lasting damage- hopefully they will pick up some needed supplies before the next big storm! It makes me laugh, because I guess money doesn't matter much when it's stacked up against a lot of snow-give me some farm-girl preparation any day. All I could think about it is all that wasted sewing time! Could you send a few snow days my way??
Okay, here's the count for today:
22 days for Amanda,
22 weeks for me,
and how many days til spring?
Audrina

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  5:28:29 PM  Show Profile
I love it Audrina, you are at 22 weeks and Amanda is at 22 days!!!!!
Sweet cause both of you are getting closer. YEahhhhhhh, snow, what snow. Yes, I am in big fat denial espcially with the storm coming tonight they are talking about. We may be geting on the roof yet......ughhhhhhh.

Audrina sounds like your weather isn't very nice either and those ants need to find another home, ya know, those with little trap doors that they don't come back out of!!!!! The story with your borhter is a crack up. NO supplies, now that is crazy.

Ventured to the store with Teresa for the needed milk, geeez louisa are those roads rough!!!!!! Came back going, nope, when did you say spring is. Now you want the funny, there are buds on the red maple. What!!!!!!!! Yes girls I said little red buds. There is hope, I was not dreaming it cause I had dd look too!!!!!!!
Yes, there is hope, spring!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  5:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
CS - I was checking out the buds on my maples and cherry too. What's with that? Do they know something we don't know? I sure the heck hope so! By the way...first day of Spring is 3-20. Hurry up March 20th! Speaking of being on the roof...I spent 2 1/2 hours on mine today. We have several areas where it's flat, so I had to shovel the 3 feet of snow off! I am a hurting unit right now!

Audrina - I hate to say this and I will deny it later, but your bro and I are very similar! And YES you do need electricty to power the well. It sucks, but it's reality when living on the farm. I was resourceful enough to realize I could fire up the truck for a few minutes to charge my cell phone though. :o) Sorry Audrina's Brother! Us City folk on farms just don't know it all.

We're about to go out to dinner - because we figure this could be our last chance this week. Hopefully we'll make it HOME! :o) Stay warm everyone! Enjoy the next round!

~H

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  8:24:31 PM  Show Profile
Holy cats woman, having to shovel off the roof, and did you sit down with some spiked hot chocolate. You deserve some girl, or a nice long hot bath.

Yep, there are buds and I hope those great trees know something we don't!!!!!!!! March 20th, come on spring!!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page