Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Update Kooky Cluckers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic
Page: of 33

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  10:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls,
While we are on the subject of Julia, I would like us as a Chapter to be there for her. Right now she doesn't need a lot but as time goes on she will. She is thankful for all the support. She will let us know as time goes on.
Being their for each other is what truly is important in the long run and I appreciate each and every one of your "girls" you have been a joy and a delight to get to know and I can't say enough good things about each of you. Hugs girls,
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  10:37:04 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue,
Even though I don't live close, you know I'll do whatever I can to help anytime.
How old is her daughter? So many advances have been made in treating this disease. One of the hospice nurses who took care of my mother had worked for St Judes and they are top notch on research and treatments. Hard to go so far away, Memphis TN.
My Dad had Leukemia and I also had a lady friend with it, who's son adopted us before and after his mom died. His father lived next door to us..would come out for the weekend, walk directly to our house and not see his father again until time to go home.
My hugs and caring concern along with all the others.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  12:29:28 AM  Show Profile
Yes Ronna I surely do know you will help in whatever I ask.
Guess where the bear came from that her son adopted came from. Yep, my wonderful friend.
Will let you know.
CS

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  9:22:33 PM  Show Profile
hey gals, i know that carol sue was going to postpone our meeting due to the weather. so just an idea but how does sat feb 2nd sound at about 3 or so at my house? just a thought

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  9:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Isn't the snow supposed to let up by Wednesday?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  11:35:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
Yes seriously I am postponing our meeting, due to weather. The chilly
temps that they are talking about is a bit much. I do not and I mean do not want anyone having a challenge in this kind of weather.
So I am post poning until February. Will just wait for the 4th Wednesday of the month unless February 2nd is better for you girls. Let me know on that one.

In the meantime ladies can I get your birthdays, don't worry you don't have to give me the years. I want to do a birthday exchange. Where I put all your names in a hat and draw them and let you know who you have. NO one but me will know who got who. That makes it quite fun. The exchange will be an apron. You can buy or make it, your choice. And for whomever gets Ronna's her apron will be in the mini form. So make a couple.

So let me have those wonderful birthdays so we can have some fun.
Then let me hear your ideas on other kinds of exhanges and things that would interest you to do or make in the coming months. Want an opportunity for everyone near and far to get to share their talents.
Talk to you all soon.
Carol Sue

Farmgirl #39

Edited by - Carol Sue on Jan 20 2008 11:38:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  09:37:57 AM  Show Profile
HI Ladies just checking in. Hope you are all enjoying your MOnday. Cold here, but beautifully sunshiney. I miss you all and look forward to spring when I can be more ardent in my posting. Hugs
Jessie

When life sends storms, remember to dance in the rain!

http://HandmadeHeartStrings.etsy.com
www.MayhemMommyMemoirs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  10:15:31 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue,
Since my sewing machine is still buried in 'the' room, I will be sending a vintage apron most likely. Right now, my "handwork" talent is in sorting out all the wonderful neat stuff I've bought and stashed in that room. I bought 3 vintage, two never used, in the past week, so know where they are :)
My birthday is July 16th and I don't care who knows I'm 61-I've earned all the gray hairs and have put a lot of living in those years.
Ronna

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  4:15:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey mama clucker,
I'm 4-20-54 and no that is not my measurements! lol!
Yea, it was such a lovely sunny(but cold) day!
Now to just get through the home stretch(february) and then we should be past the worst of this
colder then snot weather!
Saw 2 coyotes in our yard today, and 2 beautiful male pheasants & 1 female pheasant.
We also spotted 2 Bald (I think) Eagals on the way to our daughters house.
So much for the Wild Animal Kingdom show today in our neighborhood.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  6:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Ok fellow cluckers,
How are you doing? You can email me your birthdays if you would rather not have them on the forum.
Just a waiting so I can give each of you a name for your exchange. The month of the persons birthday at the meeting we will hand them out, for you far girls we will be obviously mailing them. Would love to deliver them in person. Now that would be fun.

Sitting her sewing trying to catch up. Quilt group tomorrow night and trying to finish 3 blocks, behind, noooooo not me.....

Hey Grace ya got those western minis done, girl you are working way tooo hard sewing. Yes she is finishing up the western minis we haven't even started yet!!!!!!!! She is on a roll.

Amanda is this 28 days, come on number 0!!!!!!

Audrina, how is your week going?

Alee, how are you faring with our lovely cold weather?

Michele thinking of you!!!!!

Ronna, how is the thrifting going and what treasures have you found now?

Jessie, Hope you are staying warm and loving on those babies.

Sherri, so exicted about your new adventure. Check out Entreneurship and read up on what she is doing.

Hey Annika, you still plotting with your nose in those seed catalogues.

Heather, are you going to make it to wait to "play in the dirt" till the first of Febuary. 8 more days girl.

Marcia, hope you are all bundled up and warm and quilting like crazy of coarse.
Have an enjoyable eveing, I gotta go sew like crazy!!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  7:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Mine is 12/11/82.

The cold weather is nasty. I would much prefer more snow to this frigid cold. I just let Sky out and my hand hurt just opening the door and touching the metal. It's not too bad if you have some hot tea or hot cocoa to drink. It certainly is giving me incentive to finish up this knitted scarf though!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  9:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
My birthday is May 12. And I am tird of the COLD!! It is a hard bitter cold. I dont think I like it. BUT the warm sun, well its warm when you are inside ; ) feels really good and warms my bones. I started a new project today, other than that I am trying to pack a little at a time. 28days!! Wooofrickinhooooo!!! I am so thankful and excited. Hope you are all doing really good. I did go to SewEZToo and fondled the fabric. It was great,lol.
Alee sorry I missed your call K was on the phone. By the time I looked it was about 20 minutes ago.

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  10:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Hi All!!

Carol Sue - I repotted two indoor plants today. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to put my hands in the soil! I can't wait....hurry up Spring!

Grace - I had 2 coyotes today as well. They ran along the lake then decided to double back across the frozen lake. It was a beautiful sight. I also have a male pheasant hanging around who's found the bird seed spillage on the driveway. My daughter and I watched him for a while yesterday. Gotta love living rural!

28 DAYS 28 DAYS....Before you know it will be ZERO! Not degrees! :o) This weather is getting to me BAD! I'm so ready for a little warmth and a LOT of snow melt!

Have a super night everyone!!
Heather

Live Long, Laugh Often, Farm Much!!
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #52

http://farmgirlgourmet.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  06:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amanda-

That's okay! I will try calling maybe tonight if we are home. We might be heading down to Lewiston for Costco! *yay*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  1:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Dear Cluckers
I so agree with you, enough with this bitter cold. I do like the sunshine coming through my sewing room window. Yep, have acutally sewed a little.
Thanks for your birthdays have to collect a few more and then will pick out of a hat and let each of you know who you have. Privately of coarse cause part of the fun is the surprize of finding out who did it for you on your birthday month and getting a present!!!!!!
Just my opinion, but I have fun with that one.

Yep bitter cold and I watched the weather, the next 7 days are snow......now how come Sherri's daffidoils are starting to come up, she is only across the state from us.....this might be considered whining.....and that is early for them over there.....

Heather, Good for you girl, playingin some dirt. It must be done ya know. We have to have a little dirt under our fingernails. What would life be without some!!!!!!

Alee, stock up on the hot chocolate!!!!!! We are definitely having winter this year.

Ohhhhh Amanda 26 days and counting!!!!!!!!! I love that you had to go run your fingers through fabric!!!!!!!

Enjoy the sunshine girls!!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  4:17:37 PM  Show Profile
OK, so it took my poor hubby almost 4 hours to get our driveway plowed, and of course by evening the snow was about 3" thick again! But it beats the heck out of being 12" like this morning....
I posted a couple of pic's of the snow on my blog, not that any of the Washington ladies need to see pictures of snow! hahaha!
Ok, soooo I am so over the "cute snow" I need some "Spring" now!
Anybody else need some "Spring"?
Hey C.S., yeparooo, my western minis are done!
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 27 2008 5:23:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  5:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Stick a fork in me I am DONE!!!! with this snow! Grace you are right it aint cute anymore! We have shoveled 3times today and will have to do it once more again tonight. Uggh!!We made the kids get bundled up and play outside today.
BIL is supposed to go to Bend tomorrow,I have a feeling if this doesnt let up he wont be going anywhere,pray it lets up PLEASE!! Stay safe and stay home Ladies!!!

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  10:06:43 PM  Show Profile
hey gals good to see that your all doing good and have power. we didnt have it for earlier but have it now. c.s. doesnt have power last time i checked but they are doing ok cause of the fireplace. on top of it all no school tommorrow.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  10:13:38 PM  Show Profile
was wondering how all the Spokane area gals were doing in this storm after storm series. Someone told me earlier it's being compared to winters in '69 and '92 up there.
I just saw on Reno TV about an avalanche just south of Reno on MtRose Highway, one of the roads to Lake Tahoe. And both I 80 and Highway 395 are either closed or chains mandatory due to blowing snow. Nothing here yet, but expect some later tonight.
All of you keep warm and dry and safe.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  01:05:05 AM  Show Profile
there was an avalanche on I-95 at look out pass on the montana side

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  06:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! Doug and I always drive on I-95 when we travel home!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  08:32:08 AM  Show Profile
hey LFD,
glad to hear you got your power back on...how's mom doing?
DH spent the better part of the day clearing snow on our property but our DD was snowed in, she & her critters are fine.
We have a friend who is going to plow her driveway today.
Traffic on Rambo rd has been very busy, but then it's sort of an artirial road & the county comes through real early to plow us out. How ever on the news last nite they said mail might not get delivered to all areas.
Welcome to Spokane!
Hope all you MJF girls are ok.
freezin my bejeezins' off!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  11:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Hey all....hunkering down here for the next round. My barometer is going bonkers, so I'm guessing it's on the way! Grace, my DH was out all day yesterday too and was only able to make a path wide enough for my minivan to travel down. Because it's so icy and slippery, it was like a pinball machine...we just bounced back and forth on the snowbanks. Craziness! He's out there now trying to make it wider. We lost power yesterday at 2 pm and got it back this AM around 7. I was about to have serious internet withdrawls!!! :o) Well I better go do my chores before the snow starts again. I hope everyone is doing good!

Heather

Live Long, Laugh Often, Farm Much!!
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #52

http://farmgirlgourmet.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  12:57:57 PM  Show Profile
The farm that I live on has been snowed in off and on for weeks, we are snowed in again due to drifting. I spent all weekend out working in it most of the time. Lugging buckets of grain and hay pellets to farm critters one handed since I have a bad left shoulder. I'm planting my butt by the heater today and tryin' to catch up on things as much as possible. I'm working on a purse with felt flowers, but low going right now due to lack of time. I hope all of you gals are ok, and not out shovelin' too much snow.

LFD, when is the monkey due? I know you said he was going to be sooner then expected? didn't you?
I hope you are doing well and all. It must be fun tying your shoes with that Monkey in your belly ;)

sisterly hugs to all and stay warm

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  3:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Annika-

You need a sled to pull the grain and hay on so your shoulders won't be so stressed! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page