Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Update Kooky Cluckers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic
Page: of 33

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  10:23:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh Grace I love it 108 and a 1/3, this is just to funny.
I can attest she is still preggo but she gets to spend more time sitting with her feet up, baby sitting major low, causing pain.

Hey Audrina, how are you doing girl, back home again and gearing up for moving here in 6 months. Man is time gonna fly....

Amanda, miss chatting with you girl, and guess who forgot the darn pattern....dahhhh will be seeing you soon, gotta work on that one.....lol

Annika, I like the name Ian too, a lot. Hope it fits our sweet monkey boy.

Oh Jessie, how are you doing, been seeing it is darn cold there for you, ya stayin warm enough girl.

Ronna, whatcha doin, thrifting and finding all those great treasures or resting and enjoying the rest of your vacation.

Girls I sure miss chattin with ya when I haven't been on a couple of days.

You all, each and every one of you are the very best!!!!!!!!
Cluckers are just plain grand.
CS

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  12:13:16 AM  Show Profile
ok so here is my name choices at the moment Ian Bradley Ian Nathaniel
or Nathaniel Ian LOL notice they all have Ian in them

the doc told me to put my feet up more often cause he is where he is and to relieve the pressure i need to sit back and put my feet up. But i can still putter around the house and nest wooooooo-hoooooooo

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  08:50:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Merry New Year ladies!!! Writing 2008 is impossible!! I'm glad it's here though...cuz that means the holidays are officially over!! Next Christmas....it's a vacation somewhere warm and not all of this other craziness! lol Or a big bottle of Xanax whichever is cheaper. Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are all feverishly looking through the hoards of seed catalogs that are arriving daily! I know I am! I'm counting the days until I can start planting!! Have a wonderful drippy day!

Heather

Live Long, Laugh Often, Farm Much!!
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #52

http://farmgirlgourmet.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Pickles on Jan 04 2008 08:51:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  09:43:00 AM  Show Profile
dairy princess-i hate to tell ya this but i think your large bottle of xanax is probably cheaper
i would have to op for the vacation, sounds heavenly

and i am dreaming of sugar snap peas and havent decided what else and salad stuff ok so i am dreaming of it. yet except that i need tomatoes really yummy garden fresh ones and spinach, oh i will have to go pick strawberries again cause the ones we grow seem to disappear into little mouths who go check on them.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  10:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Can you believe it is the New Year already? Soon the wintery weather is going to pass us by!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog: http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  10:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I CANT WAIT UNTIL SPRING!!!SERIOUSLY I cant!
CS I hate to tell you this but I packed the original.I think the copy you gave me is under the bed somewhere, so if I find it i'll let you know.
Things are moving along, getting some packing done, with the little stuff I did bring. I am glad the holidays are over.I am glad I am starting FRESH this year!
Hope everyone is GOOD!!!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  10:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
whoo Hoo Amanda! This spring is going to be even more special for you after your first really big winter with snow and everything. :D Those first blades of green grass and the fresh scent of earth- oh man! I love it! And for some reason it always starts me thinking of St. Patricks day!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  7:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Amanda...its great to see you so excited! I can't wait to see what you do with that house! Will you promise to wear your corn licker apron when you have your first party? :D

Love ya!
H

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  8:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I will wear a CornLicker apron with PRIDE!!!(as long as you wear yours too; )
I have been rumaging through catalogs and gardening books with some fury. Thats a HUGE space!! I think this year I will start out small-ish;)((maybe)).I have been dreaming about that kitchen everynight, and my sewing room!! And fishing ALL day while DH works!lol,just kidding. I cant wait to get started!!
It is weird and will take some getting used to,WE ARE BUYING A HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! Our own peice of dirtand a kick butt house to boot! Only 48days to go!!!!!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  8:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
LOL...I'll wear it if you do! You definitely are buying a house and I'm so unbelievably excited for you guys! I really think you'll be soooooo happy! Small garden is probably a good idea. Did you look at that book I gave you? It has some good ideas as to when to start and also some good plans for organizing your garden. I have a couple of Martha gardening books too if you want to check them out. Not check them out as in library, but as in look at. Let me know.

Amandas buying a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DP :)

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  8:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Dairy Princess are you stalking me?

LOL just kidding I am all hyped up on fried chicken!!((sidebar)) Do you know it has been a full week and 1 days since I have had a Starbucks? And a week without Pepsi?
Yes I have been looking through it again and again. The other night Mike goes,Uh how many times do you need to look at that?
I got a few Mother Earth News magazines today at the library. And some This Old House, the kitchen additions,IdeasIdeasIdeas!!!
Ok I am gonna go read my books now......

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  9:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hehehe! Amanda you are so cute! I can't wait for you to have your own piece of land and a home to call your own! It is going to be amazing for you! Let the countdown begin!! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  10:44:29 PM  Show Profile
All right I am gullible what is a Corn licker apron, did I just put my foot into it.....lol

MAJOR HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE FOR AMANDA AND HER NEW HOUSE. Everytime I think of it I have a huge smile and can't wait for her to begin. Seeds, forget the seeds, putting my hands in the dirt, ok, yes I need the seeds....I bought 3 little houseplants to play in the dirt and transplanted them. I had to play in the dirt somehow!!!!!

Yes Amanda we can see you buried under all the decorating, gardening, remodeling, paint chip samples, material all over......
wow that is a busy dream you are having......lol

Heather good job hunting and finding the possiblities.
Xanax wouldn't help, a nice quiet cabin with a roaring fire, a good book, a walk without the ice and snow. I miss walking outside and it is too darned icy here at the moment. Falling is not something I think I shall do for my aerobics exercise. Glad to see ya girl.

Aint some breathing space nice!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  01:53:29 AM  Show Profile
OK GALS we are soooooo getting ahead of ourselves winter just started, but the more i look towards spring helps me side track from thinking of when will this baby come out. I am sooooooo done but he isnt yet, oh wait i still need to clean and organize before hand.

Manda-congrats on making it a week or more without your major caffeine fixes, i need to come visit ya its been forever since i have seen your pretty face. ok that and i am feeling just a little cooped up, must escape my house or go coocoo. doc appointments just dont count as an outing

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  03:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well, lets see- I put my garden seeds in before Nora was born last year. She was born on March 22, so I think we might have only a month and a half to two months of bitter cold/snow left! It depends though. We could have snow through April- but don't tell Amanda!! ;D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  09:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Corn Licker apron....we saw an apron at an antique store that had a huge cartoon graphic on it of a kid holding a big cob of corn and in huge red letters it said "Corn Licker". Hilarious! Amanada needs it for her apron collection! :o) And to wear whenever I'm around, of course.

Alee, I always plant peas on St Paddy's day. Don't laugh, I learned it from Martha Stewart. She rocks. I also start tons of seed in February in my basement so that by May first my babies are big and strong and ready to hit the dirt running. I can't wait!! Is it Feb yet? :o)

Have a super day!
Heather

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  09:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Um did someone say (((GASP))) SNOW!! in April? surely you jest!

Well I can handle it I can go in my sewing room put a fire in my stove and be alllll alone!! andtoasty. I will be able to go in my back yard and sunbath,(clothes on of course). Pick apples and cherries and plums! The gardenis going to be ahuge thing to tackle though,WEEDS every where in it.But you know what I am glad and happy to have some thing to do to my own home. I cant wait to learn how to put flooring in and scrape popcorn, and PAINT!!!! The kitchen is gonna be the center of sunshiny goodness!
Have a great weekend !

And the CornLicker apron is hillarious, for some reason though I kept saying Chicken licker

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  10:29:26 AM  Show Profile
dairy princess that is sooo coool that you can start them in your basement, i have no safe place to do that kind of thing. i also didnt realize i could plant my peas that early. Happy dance for my snow peas. last year i cheated with our tomatoes and his dad brought us over some that he had nice and big for us, we started getting tomatoes from them by the first part of july it was awesome.
have i mentioned that i dont have a green thumb but i do try. i think in the future we will buy a timer that turns on the water automatically so i dont have to worry about that part. i am getting better

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  10:25:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey everybody,
Sorry I've been so silent, but I came back from Spokane to the "perfect storm" (that's what the news is calling it-we're such wusses in Ca. about the weather!! ) Anyway we lost power, so I've been "computer-less" for the last few days. But we're dried out, more or less, and getting back to normal.
Carol Sue and Teresa, I'm really sorry we didn't get a chance to see you'all again before we left- I could have stayed at least another week (okay, who am I kidding- we could have sold our tickets home and had someone send our things, and been perfectly happy!!) We did get to see some houses the last full day we were there, including one that I loved! It figures that I would see something that I adored 6 months too early!! Oh well, that just gives me hope that when the time is right there will be something we love even better.... Well, you'all have got me wishing it was spring already, and I'm not even planning on putting too much in this year, since we'll be moving. But I can't wait to put in sweet peas-they're my favorite, and they'll bloom while we can still enjoy them!
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  08:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome home Audrina! It was so wonderful to meet you and your mother. You both are so sweet. Your mom's home was gorgeous! I can't believe she decorated her home mostly from thrifting! She is truly an inspiration!

I hope Nora and Sky-dog did not leave too much of a mess that night we came to visit. I know I had to hustle out when Nora got cranky and that always leaves me feeling out-of-sorts. Nora was asleep before I even got down the hill! I thought about turning around and coming back, but I assumed the party was winding down anyway. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  08:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Teresa - starting seeds is about all my basement is good for! I dread going down there! "Someday" when we remodel the kitchen, then we'll gussy up the basement (it's under the kitchen). In the 125 years that this house has been here...the basement hasn't had much attention other than the dirt floor was covered in concrete. So, I have a table, some grow lights and heater. Perfect place to start the babies.

Audrina - that's great that you saw homes you liked! There's definitely a lot to choose from right now. There have been a lot of new homes on the market since Jan 1st, so I'm sure you'll find the perfect house when you get here.

Well time to go look over more seed books!! Enjoy the new dusting of snow everyone!
Heather

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  5:59:17 PM  Show Profile
heather- well atleast you found some kind of use for the basement

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  6:55:51 PM  Show Profile
Alee-
Sky-dog and Nora were great-don't worry about a thing; and mom really appreciates all the help "computer-wise". It's running much faster, so you may see her starting to post comments here soon-

Heather-
You're right; there is a lot to choose from right now-it was great to see a few homes "in person"- I've been looking at stuff on the internet, but you never can tell from the little pictures! And if nothing else, the some of the homes were very "interesting"; the first home we saw had a bullet hole in the living room window, a walk-in freezer in the basement (like you see in a butcher shop or a restaurant), and what my father described as a "very mysterious, ver large" stain on the concrete in the basement. I'm going to be watching for that house on America's Most Wanted!

Ronna-
Just recently got our power back, and heard that the levee broke in your area-read on the other post that you're okay; hope you're drying out and getting warm!

Amanda-
Congratulations (a little late....) So happy for you and your new house-a sewing room with a fireplace?! Sounds like heaven!

Well, better get back to all the stuff I've put off doing (like the laundry, washing dishes, cleaning, etc.....)
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  7:30:00 PM  Show Profile
Audrina,
Great to hear from you, we just figured you got busy and maybe found a few things that you liked, sounds like you did.
Glad you are back to get to chat with us. Coming home with no electricity would be a bit challenging to say the least.

Heather, oh playing in the dirt in Feb, yippee for you girl.

Ronna, glad to hear that you are fine girl. Whhoosshhhiieee girl.

What a crazy bunch of weather all over the place.

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2008 :  11:01:52 PM  Show Profile
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION DEAR KOOKY CLUCKERS

We are changing our meetins to the 4th Wednesday of every month!!!!!
The first part of the month is turning out to be a bit much for this girl because of a couple of other things going on.
SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS MONTH MEETING IS JANUARY 23RD, PLACE TO BE DETERMINED QUICKLY.
Thanks girls!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page