Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Update Kooky Cluckers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic
Page: of 33

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  8:42:04 PM  Show Profile
G00d j0b Audrina. I bet y0u can't wait f0r th0se 2 1/2 days t0 fly by.
Thanks f0r d0ing it f0r us Audrina.
T00k nap thinking 0h I will sleep f0r an h0ur, I slept f0r 3 h0urs.
Guess I needed a little sleep. Shheeezzz but I d0 feel a bit better.
S0 I am g0nna cruize the farm.......

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  9:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Audrina...me ready for a road trip? Oh yeah, but working for a toy company means this is the busy time of year and I actually work hard enough to earn what they pay me! Almost over and we get the week between Christmas and New Years off with pay.
Hope all of you have a wonderful visit. I'll need to find some cleaning fairies to help me here, have to get "the" room cleaned out so Larry can go under the house (access in that closet) and do what needs done for us to change over to cable high speed...yippeee.
That's my sewing/office room that has become one cluttered mess the past few years. My stuff, mothers I haven't dealt with yet and who knows what else.
Ronna
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  10:23:14 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm already getting replies- mostly questions to all the things I forgot to put in the e-mail! So here goes:

The address is in Spokane- the Mead area (which is the Northern part of Spokane). Other than that and the address I'm afraid you're on your own- I'm severely "directionally challenged"- although I'm very proud of the fact that Hazel and I drove all the way to Spokane and back over the summer (as well as all over town for the week) and never got lost once..

I don't think we finalized a time, but I'm thinking 2:oo pm, unless someone else has a better suggestion. That seems like a good middle ground for those of you who want to attend church/sleep in, and those who are driving a long way. If that's not good, we can put it up for a vote.

Bring the mini cluckers!

Alee, I'm so glad it looks like you can make it- I replied to your e-mail before I saw your posting here, so ignore my part about "understanding if it's too far"--I hope the weather is good for the drive! Of course the rest of the time I want snow and more snow!!
Now if we can just convince Ronna's company that there are toys that need to be checked in Spokane.....
See you all on Sunday!
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  12:10:21 AM  Show Profile
lol toys checkede out in spokane

hey if you gave them the address they can mapquest it from their houses and find it easily
and let it snow snow snow, so i can take the kiddos sledding during their break

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  09:42:48 AM  Show Profile
I just talked to my manager, had emailed her that it's snowing so I'll be home today. That means Carson City tomorrow and she has me down for working 4 hours each on Saturday and Sunday for the last big push to get the toys on the shelves and sold. Shelves are already getting empty-I expect it's going to be a madhouse. Most of our Butterscotch Panys have sold out, along with Squawkers, the interactive Macaw. Still some of the FurReal white kittens; maybe Walmart will choose to put them on sale and cleared out. This time of year especially, need to get everything out of the back rooms and sold. The more that's sold, the better my bonus will be!
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  11:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so excited! Nora's first Christmas is right around the corner! Yay!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8 Just call me Calamity Jane!!
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  6:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
Ronna-I saw those Squawkers at Walmart the other day, and about jumped out of my skin when the whole display started taking as I walked past.....but it looked like they were getting picked pretty clean, so I hope it's the same where you are-you deserve a huge bonus!

Now, as Carol Sue said in her first e-mail, down to the nitty gritty....

I'm assuming 2:00 is good for the meeting, unless I hear otherwise. Where does everyone fall on the issue of "edibles"? Mom and I are planning on having cookies/munchies and drinks-how does that sound? Do we need something more? Last question: is there anything else we "need" other than our bright shining faces??
Please voice your opinions-I don't wanna go down in "bad hostess" history....
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  7:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Audrina,
The Macaw's are really cool...interactive. They're in demo mode at the stores and that can get irritating, the same little spiel over and over. He'll tell you he's hungry and after you give him the cracker, he will burp or pass gas...and say "scuse me". He plays "peek a boo" (says I see you), snores when he's sleeping. Can record what you want him to say. I had one here and had fun with him. Grouchy husband was even playing with him when he thought I wasn't looking.
Enjoy your trip and visit with your family and the farmgirls. If my ears are burning, I'll know you're talking about me :)
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  7:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well- I can bring the MaryJane's Christmas Present if you all want to help me applique on to that- we can be a true quilting circle :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8 Just call me Calamity Jane!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  10:59:59 PM  Show Profile
Audrina,
2pm, right 0n, directi0ns, I haven't even checked my emails t0day cause this day did n0t in any way shape 0r f0rm g0 the way I planeed.
Th0se g00dies s0und grand, anything y0u and y0ur m0m d0 will be great.
Ahhhh R0nna ya g0t t0 w0rk 0n Sunday, what a bummer....we will be thinking 0f y0u and cheering f0r y0u t0 be d0ne and get t0 g0 h0me!!!!!!
Can y0u believe it is alm0st time f0r y0u t0 leave Audrina!!!!!!!
Later girls, g0nna g0 check that email.....
CS

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2007 :  6:22:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello, and I miss you gals! (Cheers with my huckleberry wine glass full and chocolates I stole from my stocking stash).

It is so hard keeping up with you gals. Sounds like everyone is doing fine, drinking, falling, laughing...hmm.

The holiday pressure is off at my place. I've succumb to stress. Medicating with home made wine and chocolates. I have got to learn to do yoga or chill out. This stress-related junk is for the birds.

So, I'm trying to figure out how I can still make the meeting...no promises yet. But it is so very tempting! DH mentioned spending some family chill time watching The Golden Compass on Sunday. Maybe I could swing it so that they shop while I visit, then we see the film... I could really go for some quality no-stress time with the family, and my farmgirl family too.

MIL wanted the whole crew at her place, so I quit working on my shin-dig. No sour grapes. At least everything looks nice here. Until openning day.

We purchased a puppy to surprise DD with on Christmas morning. Something we've been talking about for a few years now, and we think we're finally ready. She has become so responsible, and she's just the right age. Most importantly (I'll take in any critter at the drop of a hat if I had my way), DH was ready. So proud of myself...I let him pick the pup out. Darling Chocolate Lab. I'm having a hard time biting my tongue I want to name him so much already! "Moose" I'll have to keep it to myself. DD is very creative with critter names. Strudel, Tsunami, Fiji. Wonder what she'll think of next? Please not Fluffy.

Sorry for the ramble. Enjoying having peace and quiet and space to think. Aaaah. I love people, but I need alone time too...you know what I mean? Been in short supply lately.

I'll e-mail a request for the address. I'll really try to make it. Doing applique in a quilting circle and laughing until it hurts sounds wonderful.

We make a difference.

Edited by - Huckelberrywine on Dec 21 2007 6:28:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2007 :  10:28:25 PM  Show Profile
hey michelle if you do come dont forget that you can bring your wonderful daughter with ya cause this meeting includes them this time.

audrina i havent gotten your directions or an email.
did anyone else get it?

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  12:35:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey- just a quick note since its 12:30, and I need to be up by 5:30 to catch the plane!! But I thought I'd check real quick since daughter had left computer on... Teresa, I e-mailed you, but I probably have an old e-mail address-could you get it from Carol Sue? Either that or e-mail me at aholl@scoe.net, and I'll check for messages from mom's house Sat. afternoon. Michele, I'll e-mail you on Sat. also; but if you need the address sooner try Carol Sue, Amanda, Heather, Alee....I'm sure I'm forgetting someone; brain is fuzzy, need sleep.......
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  07:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle-

I will be coming up, do you want to carpool? I have a rental Jeep Liberty so there is plenty of room! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Nora has me wrapped around her little finger!
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  1:58:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm here, I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and it's snowing!!!!!!!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  2:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Yeah you made it!! Isnt it purty!! Glad you are here safe Audrina!!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  2:44:40 PM  Show Profile
Audrina , I'm glad you are here. I would love to meet you at some point, sorry I couldn't make it so close to Christmas. YAY!!! it's snowing here too. You girls have extra fun for me ok?
Happy Christmas!!

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart
Annika
farmgirl sister#13
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  7:20:16 PM  Show Profile
i got the directions for some reason they went into the spam section of my email
isnt the snow wonderful
see ya guys tommorrow

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  10:30:13 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I won't be able to join you after all(on Sunday).
SIL flew in today and we are all going out to lunch after church.
I am so sorry to have to miss this K.K. get together, I was looking forward to meeting up w/all of you.
Audrina, when are you heading back to Calif.?
Can you email me your ph# (or your moms so I can call & say Hi.)
Have a great time.
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 22 2007 10:31:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  2:35:59 PM  Show Profile
Okay,
I am such a dunce I forgot to give everyone the phone number at my parents. Since it's 2:30, I hope you'all have decided not to brave the snow and stayed home, and that everyone isn't driving around lost in the flurries, and cursing my name!!! My deepest apologies!
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  6:39:51 PM  Show Profile
Aww, no meeting due to the snow?? sorry for all of you.
I've had a stressful night/day. My 11 yr old Lab started to bleed last night from a growth on her hind end. It's not been bothering her and she wouldn't get in the car or truck to go to the Vet, so we've just been watching and waiting. I got her settled for the night and it stopped, but started again today twice, so had the neighbors get her in the backseat of the pickup and took her to the emergency vet. It was bad, tumor up into her genitals and he couldn't find an opening, so was surprised she's not had problems peeing. Kindest decision was to let her go, but it's still hard to do. We gave her 10 years of love and a good home after being rescued from some mean people. Little dog is following my every step, since Babe was here already when we rescued her. Blood drips all over the house are treated, will shampoo tomorrow.
Thanks for caring-the critters are such a part of the family it hurts to lose them.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  9:52:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Ronna-

So sorry to hear about your fur-baby. We had something similar happen when I was home for the wedding. I really does hurt to lose our friends. *hugs*

Just got home from the meeting. Met Audrina (farmgirlwannabe) and her lovely mom, plus got to spend time with Carol Sue and Teresa. It was tons of fun. Nora was a bit fussy with her top teeth coming it (I can feel them! yay!) But once I got her in the car, she was out like a light in less than 2 blocks. It was totally cute!

It took me an extra 45 minutes to get home due to flooded highways. My rental Jeep hydroplaned a few times so I took my time driving. I pulled over once to let a few speed demons by and then had to chuckle a little when I saw that one got pulled over. Hopefully they got the message and will drive more safely in the future!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Nora has me wrapped around her little finger!
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  10:10:20 PM  Show Profile
You brave souls got out in the nasty weather after all..glad you were able to after all.
Little dog and I are eating ice cream...and I'm getting Babe's bites....she would have been right here for her share too. Didn't feel like eating tonite and not even sure I want this ice cream, but it sounded okay. Thanks for the good thoughts, Alee. I know I did what was right for her.
I'm headed for bed, too emotionally drained to do much of anything else tonight.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  11:43:09 PM  Show Profile
Ronna,
So sorry to hear about your beloved fur baby.
The decision you made was hard to make, but in all kindness to your beloved dog, and painful as it was for you, you made the kind and right one.
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  12:52:09 AM  Show Profile
ronna sending you loves and hugs. dido to what katmom said.
i've only had to put down one pet and it was a cat soooo hard but he went so peacefully that it was a blessing. he purred the whole time and his last breath was with a purr. sweet cat i still miss him.
sending loves and hugs to ya again

It was great meeting audrina and her daughter the kids had a riot. for me it was very relaxing and wonderful. felt like i was at my grandmas.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page