Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Update Kooky Cluckers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic
Page: of 33

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  6:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Ronna I think its highly possible you are THE bravest woman EVER!! To work and VOLUNTEER you arebrave or crazy, I am gonna say brave!!

I am DEFINATLEY gonna needsome SERIOUS retail therapy soon. Like Um real soon!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  6:42:50 PM  Show Profile
crazy, I am gonna say brave
I really don't mind trying to help the customers...especially when they're looking for something Hasbro makes :) The ones that are irritating are those who want to pay Walmart prices but think you're their personal shopper and want the customer service like they'd get in Nordstroms or Saks Fifth Ave. I can always say "I don't work for Walmart" and tell them to find someone who does....just depends on their attitude. Older people I will go the extra mile to help anytime, knowing how confused they can get so easily.
Sometimes before or in between working, I'm going to go look at some antique quilts a lady had advertised for sale. She says they're from estate sales and sounds like she doesn't know a lot about quilts. Ad said three tops and on the phone, said two were sold but the third was actually finished, but had no batting. If she knew about quilts, she should have known that. Said she had a few more too, so I'll go look. Might be an expensive work day for me :) As though I need more quilts...not!!!!! Some things, one can never have too much.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  7:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Ronna I agree you can never have too many.I cant wait to fill my home with them.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  8:12:23 PM  Show Profile
ok gals do i have to invite myself to this retail therapy session cause dont ya know the riverpark mall is my favorite.

dp i too have a small problem with william sonoma and dont walk into it very often

and i am so jealous gals that you can even have a martini, but i do know they have yummy food at twigs too(miss there nachos though before they moved)

and yeah i will wrap packages cause i enjoy it call me coo-coo. i like to make them look pretty and i get a joy out of seeing them all look so nice

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  8:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies!

Shopping therapy sounds good, but I think I am going to do "stay at home crafting" therapy!! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
The amazing one handed typist! One hand to keep Nora out of trouble!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  1:19:53 PM  Show Profile
I think s0me kind 0f therapy is needed, just n0t sure what,
brain 0n fritz.......heeeeelllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  2:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
We had some play therapy today, We went down to the high school where they have a Bigol hill and took some sled thingys and let 'er rip! Took me about oh an hour or so to get brave enough to go down. I have lots of video.I am not sure who had more fun the kids or DH. He said this was the best day he has had since we have been here. Hope you all are good!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  4:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well today I am going to string together some garland that I am making for the handmade portion of the Christmas tree contest. Doug and his friend are in Plummer, ID taking pictures of the smashed up car from yesterday. I am almost afraid to see the pictures. I think I might have a heart attack.

Nora is playing. She had a nice long nap, so she is in a happy mood.

I am starting to get that stressed feeling for the holidays- like there is too much to do, and not enought time. I need to hurry up and get some items mailed- Yikes! Where did time go?!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
The amazing one handed typist! One hand to keep Nora out of trouble!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  12:02:17 AM  Show Profile
Yeah Amanda y0u and y0ur family g0t t0 have fun in the sn0w. Sledding is the best.

yep, I think we all are having th0se m0ments 0f "Where in the w0rld did the time g0?" It is th0se fairies that just w0n't sh0w up f0r their j0bs!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  7:18:02 PM  Show Profile
th0se fairies that just w0n't sh0w up

you talkin about me again????
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  11:56:45 PM  Show Profile
well tried to do the splits today and pulled plenty of muscles instead slid on the slick compacted snow from the kids bus stop. YES!!! the baby is a okay, although momma is sore.
just trying to have a little excitement in my life. lol

excited for manda she may have some news soon but i will let her tell it cause its hers!!!!

dp- did you get your wrapping and shopping done yet, do you need some life support(martinni's)

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  12:32:36 AM  Show Profile
N0pe R0nna, I am talking ab0ut th0se dish faires, the sewing fairies, the clean up fairies, I think they are 0n strike cause they sure aren't sh0wing up at my h0use like they sh0uld. I think they are exhausted and have declined t0 d0 anym0re w0rk f0r the year!!!!!!
Drat, just my luck.............

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  07:24:24 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue...well, they surely aren't at my house, cause it's a mess, at least 3 of the rooms. If you find them and get them to do yours, will you send them my way too?
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  08:26:45 AM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone!
Seems like I am always a few days behind. Looks like I missed the martinis and Im just plumb ruffled about that one...However, I'd settle for a mudslide...lol...YOu all seem to be having so much fun. I miss you all!! grr....blasted weather....Carol Sue, when you're finished with those fairies you send them on over my way. Tell em Ill pay them in chocolate and that Ive only got a trailer so it wouldnt be too hard.:)And if they just wanna leave the sewing projects for me thatd be okay too.
Isnt this time of year insane??!!! Can barely wade through the projects and gifts, and whatnot.
My theory this month is martini in one hand, Fuzzy slippers afoot, and dishes forgotten.!!
hugs jessie

When life sends storms, remember to dance in the rain!

http://HandmadeHeartStrings.etsy.com
www.MayhemMommyMemoirs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  08:29:19 AM  Show Profile
i have to fairies!!!!! but not the ones you gals want they are called mess fairies everytime you have a place clean they come and mess it up and when they do clean it still needs help.

sore today after yesterdays gymnastic attempt, if that wasnt enough carol sue thought she would try some out too. so taking it easy for today. baby sure is happy though playing around in the tummy and all i want to do is curl up and take a nap and its not even 9am yet

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  10:42:08 AM  Show Profile
Jessie,
"Fuzzy slippers afoot" cute play on words! lol!

I have to laugh, I don't have wee ones at home but I do have a hubby(boy in mans body) & 4 kitties, so how is it my house looks like a tornado went through! lol!
I even name my "dust bunnies" which I seem to have a lot of....lol!
The two house cleaning chores I detest the most,,,,dusting & window washing. hahaha! I'd rather wash 4 stacks of dirty dishes then wash windows! lol!

Teresa, be careful!, remember, "Precious Cargo on Board" ! No more Ice Olympics for you missy!

Ok, Amanda, whats the good word?
hugz & stay warm.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 18 2007 10:44:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  11:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Teresa I am going to putyouin a bubble,or get you a walker. I swear you fall lots ,lol ; )

Jesse Christmas is almost over just breathe.

And dont you all know cleaning fairies do not exsist?

Grace no news yet,I dont want to jinx us. So for now we wait.Just think of us please, I am trying so hard to be patient.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  7:45:48 PM  Show Profile
Amanda,
"Good things come to those who wait"
hugz,
gracie

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  8:36:10 PM  Show Profile
ok so grace i would rather do the windows then dishes any day. lets just say i dont wash until i am forced to, hate doing the dishes!!!!!!! oh and i dont do so well with the laundry i usually get it washed and dried and mostly folded but not put away.
martini i only wish, hmmmmm.... martini party at my house in march lol

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  8:39:20 PM  Show Profile
Do you two need matching mother daughter walkers to keep you upright??? Neither one of you should be out there ice skating. Will you ladies please stop!!!
It's only me and the two dogs here and I have a huge mess to get cleaned up before Larry gets home the 27th. Normal for me, he suggested I might 'slob out' a bit when he's gone and I asked where the camera was hidden :)
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  09:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Hey Girls,

I finally made it out from underneath the pile of wrapping paper and curling ribbon! :o) Just kidding, I still have a car load of stuff to get done! It doesn't help that I'm wrapping gifts from me, my Dad and my Grandmother! Sheesh people...get yer own wrappers! lol I should get it done today and then I can sit back, drink a hot toddie and watch the christmas lights twinkle. That's the plan!! Oh yeah, and celebrate for Missy Amanda! Thinking positive here!! Alright, enjoy the day ladies. I need to sustanance to get me in present wrapping mode. :o)

Heather

Live Long, Laugh Often, Farm Much!!
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #52

http://farmgirlgourmet.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  11:27:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone,
The cleaning fairies haven't been to my house either, just those dang "mess-up" fairies of Teresa's (they must be working overtime!); so I've missed the whole martini's and shopping therapy topic. Sounds like fun and just what I need right about now..
Amanda- I'm pulling for you-good luck!
Teresa and Carole Sue- I think we need to start a fund to buy the walkers- or maybe those little "yak tracks", or snow shoes, or something Take care of yourselves on the ice and snow.
Heather- you have my sympathy in the wrapping dept.- I can't wrap anything until we get there (aiport security...), so I'm going to be doing a marathon of wrapping! So drink a hot toddy for me...
As far as the next meeting; I'm not sure of the best way to give you'all the directions/address. Carol Sue- maybe you can give me the scoop- do I e-mail everyone separately, or just post the info here? I'm thinking the second one, but I'm not sure if that's a "forum no-no" (posting personal info.) I can certainly e-mail everyone individually, I just don't want to miss someone. Other than that, mom, Hazel and I are all ready for the festivities! To let everyone know-I'm changing my home internet service, so if anyone wants to e-mail me please send it to aholl@scoe.net. That's my work e-mail which I can check from anywhere-also, don't try to send it thru my screen name; it's still using the old e-mail address (I tried to change it but couldn't- a long story...) When I get back to Sacramento in Jan. I'll fix it. To those of you I won't see on Sunday- have a wonderful holiday!! ( I figured I better write that now-who knows when I'll get dug out from under my pile of unwrapped gifts to check in??)
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  4:07:27 PM  Show Profile
Audrina,
P0st it t0 each pers0n individually, d0 n0t put pers0nal inf0, address ph0ne numbers because any0ne can read this and we want t0 keep y0u safe. Will email y0u girl.

LMB0 Cause th0se walkers are s0unding g00d!!!!!! I caught myself and didn't hit the gr0und but darn it I have muscles that were unkn0wn t0 me bef0re.

Amanda, waiting f0r that w0nderful answer.

Heather, m0re caffine and nimble fingers t0 get it wrapped.

Grace, l0l, yep I think we have the messy fairies girls.

Jessie, glad y0u came up f0r s0me air and st0pped in girl.

R0nna and Jessie, s0rry all we can find f0r fairies right n0w is the messy 0nes, n0 darn clean up 0nes, they are seri0usly 0n strike!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  5:39:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone,
As advised by Carol Sue, I have e-mailed everyone directly. At least I think I've emailed everyone- if I've missed you, please let me know (aholl@scoe.net)-I really tried, but I may have missed someone! Ronna and Jessie- I didn't e-mail you'all with the location; but if you're up for a road trip, let me know! And unless I haven't made it very clear-I'm really looking forward to meeting you all; I can't wait!! Yippee.. only 2 1/2 more days till our flight
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  6:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

Well, I am wrapping up my Christmas Frenzy. I need to make 2 tie blankets tonight (easy peasy) and then send parcels off tomorrow. Then I am going to sit back and say "not until next year!" LOL

I am thinking that I should be able to make it to the get-together this weekend. Hopefully we don't get blasted by the wintery weather!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8 Just call me Calamity Jane!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page