Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Update Kooky Cluckers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic
Page: of 33

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  11:22:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,
The 23rd sounds great to me (my flight comes in on the 22nd in the morning, so after about 16 hours of sleep I should be "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed"!!). If you are still looking for a location, my mother has offered her house for the meeting (actually she loves decorating for Christmas, so I think she'd love visitors; plus she's as excited as I am to meet everyone, she's just not much of a "computer person"). My parents live in the Mead area, just behind Whitworth college- not all the way up the hill where the new houses are being built, but just below those. I hope that's pretty centrally located for most everyone (except the Idaho girls of course, but I hope you'all will be able to come, "God will and the crik don't rise"-as my grandpa used to say). Anyway, you'all let me know about the location.
Hope everyone is doing well-Carol Sue, I wrote you a long e-mail this morning, but Hazel got on the computer and somehow deleted it before I sent it. I know that sounds like the dog ate my homework, but it's true-actually, around here, the dog would eat your homework, but that's another story....Anyway, I'll re-write and send it this afternoon, when she's off the computer-she's home sick, so I'm bribing her to "rest" by letting her play on the computer-she's not much of a "resting" person....not like her mom!
Have a great day!
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  2:38:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi All!!
Can you believe it snowed today? The audacity of the season! I wasn't near prepared. I had planned on do a little clothes shopping for winter things. If you can imagine up until now, I haven't needed a whole lot. Sweat pants and Sweatshirts were doing me just fine.(Not the most attractive of attire but it does the job.) I was thinking more along the lines of something that would be nice for inside and outside. Sweaters, wool pants etc. Hubby doesn't know it yet, but I feel a shopping binge coming on.
So much for the handmade Christmas gifts this year. They are almost all made but it looks like I'm going to have to go shopping to get clothes among the holiday nut shoppers this year anyways...lol Who know you couldn't get away with Florida wear in good ole' Jersey?!?! ;)
Anyways, thought I'd check in and say Hello.
Hugs jessie
P.S. Thought of you , Amanda, as soon as the snow started to fall. Having fun in it yet? I haven't driven in it yet, a little nervous hopefully, won't be as bad as I think. Just like a slip n slide. Only without the jump in the mud at the end. :)

When life sends storms, remember to dance in the rain!

http://HandmadeHeartStrings.etsy.com
www.MayhemMommyMemoirs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  4:54:26 PM  Show Profile
audrina that sounds great and i cant wait to meet you.

jessie your so funny and a clothes shopping spree cause you have stayed in de nile for to long. you'll have fun even though you'll be out with the crazies.

ronna as for the 2am post i had already gone back to sleep once. the night before i had woke up at 11:30pm and didnt go back to sleep till ten am for several hours. YES my hours are all messed up cant tell you the last time i slept for several days in a row at the same time. i figure as long as i can get the kids to school and home and my honey helps get them fed, we are a-okay. may eventually have to knock myself out with some benedril or something.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  5:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Jessie, it really isnt that bad.Definatley as bad as I thought.BUT I wont be driving just for the "fun" of it,ya know.
Actually I like it better than rain.
Got my Christmas mostly done, I took the pledge for Handmade, but What can I make a30 year old guy? So I am ashamed to say I bought some stuff.But alot is homemade.
Hope everyone is staying warm.

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  5:47:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well I got the tree up and I think I have a satisfactory baby barricade up. Of Course, Nora will prove me wrong within 15 minutes of waking up. But, it is up and lights are on it. Now I just need to get crackin with decorating. I have a whole box of decorations that will go up after I take a picture of my tree decorated with only hand made items for the Christmas Tree contest through MaryJanesFarm.

I need to get Nora a "First Christmas" ornament. I have mine and it is so precious to me. It was always one of my favorites to put on the tree!

I have plans for a homemade garland that should be fun. Plus those quilted ornaments that I was making, a homemade tree topper. Hopefully it will turn out pretty!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand to keep Nora out of trouble!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  7:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Audrina,
That w0uld be s0 fun t0 meet y0u and y0ur m0m. Hey Alee, Annika, Michele, Jamie, Amanda,Teresa, will that w0rk f0r y0u?
Audrina, time that w0uld be g00d?

Hey Amanda, it was h0memade and that is what c0unts!!!!!!

Alee it will be fun t0 see y0ur picture.

Sitting under w00lie blanket t0 warm my t0es up. T00k c00kies t0 a friend, it sure it c0ld 0ut!!!!!! At least my t0es th0ught s0!!!!

Jess, drat that weather, what is wr0ng with it n0t c00perating with y0u. H0w dare it d0 such a thing!!!! l0l Just smile big at all th0se crazies, they might just need it.....
MC

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  8:21:21 PM  Show Profile
Got my sisterhood packet today. Was mailed on the 30th, took a long time to get here. Would have been nicer if my name was spelled correctly on the certificate, darn!
We may have some snow Thursday night if the weather people are right. I don't have to work on Friday, so that will be good. Opted to go climb ladders and get toys and games on the shelves in Walmarts on Saturday and Sunday. Must have been crazy when I offered..or maybe it was the time and a half pay. Just 3 or 4 hours each day, so not too terrible and my stores won't forget when I ask for my displays to be set next year...method to my madness.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  9:39:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey C.S. & all you cluckettes. lol!
I will try my best to joinj up w/you on the 23rd. I have written onthe calender for no one to make any plans for me on that day! I think I have a general idea of the location if that is were we will meet up.
Went & did some shopping in town today, holly molly,,,I think 1/2 of the Spokanites were shopping over @ Target!
Went to "MELS" also to see (& buy) all their wonderful Christmas decorations & goodies. I found some delightful gifts there.
Tomorrow I am off to the P.O.,,,,might have to hock my wedding ring to pay for the postage for all the packages I am sending out. UUGGHH!!!!!!
Let me know when & where you plan to meet up on the 23rd.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 05 2007 9:40:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  10:02:21 PM  Show Profile
Grace...take a clue from what Alee passed on awhile back...FedEx ground is the best way to ship. If you open an account online, you can print your labels and just drop the packages off there and it saves a little more yet. I've been sending large 25# boxes to Carol Sue and also my son in Utah for about $12 each. Post office can't even come close to that.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  11:46:19 PM  Show Profile
And 0h the fun b0xes she sends, feels like Christmas every time we get 0ne. By the way R0nna, y0u sh0uld hear that husband 0f mine snickering like crazy reading the Quilting b00k f0r Husbands.

Hey girls 0n the 23rd we are headed t0 Audrina's m0m's h0use t0 hang 0ut t0gether, will let ya kn0w what time.
Grace Julia was g0ing t0 c0me 0n the 19th, will email here, if she can c0me maybe y0u can c0me in t0gether, just a th0ught.
CS

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  06:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ronna-

I am so glad that you took my idea! It saves you 15% on even Fed-Ex rates if you have an online account. It makes shipping things somewhat bearable. And everytime I have had a claim of damage to Fed-Ex, they have made amends very quickly. Good thing that doesn't happen very often though!!

Ronna sent the cutest dress for Nora and she is still able to wear it. To bad for not much longer though. I need to take a picture of her in it as soon as she wears it next. It has the cutest pink lace! I can't believe that she is alreay in 9-12 month clothes! Can you, Ronna?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  06:12:22 AM  Show Profile
They grow so fast Alee, it is always hard to believe. She is such a cutie-pie
Thanks for the Fed-Ex tip...post is so spendy. I'll set up an on-line account today I sent things UPS over a month ago, and I still don't know what has happened to them and they cost an arm and a leg to boot!

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart
Annika
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/

Edited by - Annika on Dec 06 2007 06:43:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  06:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes! I love Fed-Ex tracking and delivery confirmation emails! It puts my mind at ease!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  07:28:20 AM  Show Profile
Hmmm..handmade for a 30 year old guy. Yep, I understand your dilemma.My "baby" brother is 20 and so it posed a problem for me too! :) Thankfully, he is very very smart so his sense of humor is shall we say unique. ;) As long as I thought like him, I was able to figure something out.:) YAY!!
I know what you mean about the not driving for fun. I went off the road the other day because I was day dreaming and slippery roads just do not allow for the creative mind. :( Thankfully, I didn't hit anything nor were my children in the car so I didn't get in trouble with hubby.(I keep that day dreaming at bay when babies are riding along!!)So, now, I am snowless driving unless needing the necessities. I have found that reverting to cloth diapers again is not a good reason to fight the blistering winds, the icy roads, and the bah-humbug-y people out there.

I would love to see a pic of your tree when you are done, Alee. We make our own garland at our house too. Dried cranberries and popcorn.:) I love it!! Especially when the cranberries get warm from the heater such a lovely scent!!
well, Levi is fussy so I better scoot. (Cloth diapers don't seem to be his forte..seems like I'm rediapering him all the time!:))
Take care
hugs jessie

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  6:52:31 PM  Show Profile
Ronna
We use to have a FedEx account but they kept jacking our business rates up among other issues... besides a good amount of my packages go to Germany and FedEx & UPS are more expensive.
I left the P.O. today $86 poorer, but family is worth it. In fact I usually use the Flat Box rate for the heavy stuff. All in all, snail mail may be a bit pricery, but I can depend on them, plus we have a wonderful delivery guy and the local P.O. is never crowded or busy and the 3 guys that work there are just super guys.
The FedEx office (back in CA.) was in the same office building as my husband's real estate office, & the FedEx drivers always blocked the entrance parking not to mention the office staff was quit snitty!
Plus I am not keen on the drivers speeding on our street and literaly tossing our boxes...my mail carrier here puts the packages up against the door & kncks as he leaves.
If I sound like I am not a fan of FedEx, I'm not! I could write several chapters on my disdain for them, but since it is purely personal, I'll keep it to my self.
ok, venting done, Ronna forgive me, I needed to vent. Thanx

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  8:27:13 PM  Show Profile
Grace,
One of my jobs, with a previous employer, was calling on the private mailing places to find out their issues with FedEx. This was several years back, when they were first getting the ground deliveries started. All kinds of issues I got to hear about and report back. I sent a ground package to Australia that was refused by customs because the mailing store had not done something correctly..so it bounced back to me after about 2 months and I didn't get my postage refunded either. Didn't make me too happy even though the lady apologized. I don't like paying a great deal more for the convenience of a nearby store, so now take mine directly to FedEx in Reno and they're super nice. I can understand your dislike of them due to previous problems and that's your perogative. With as many as I've been mailing, I have to do it the least expensive yet most reliable way. Hardest part for me is getting the boxes taped up and in the car to be sent. Post office has pretty much priced themselves out of the competetion with their rate increases and measuring surcharges. And that's what keeps everyone in business.
Didn't hurt my feelings a bit....cause I didn't cause the problems!
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  10:32:50 AM  Show Profile
Today would have been my MIL's 104th birthday. Always easy to remember the date, being Pearl Harbor Day Ironically, she died on September 11th, though in 1995. She would have appreciated knowing her birth and death occured on two infamous days.
We got just a ground cover of snow that has nearly melted off already. May get more today or tonight. Glad I was able to sleep in and not have to drive on the slushy roads.
Good day for me to get Christmas gifts wrapped and boxes ready to mail..if I can clear a space with all my other messes in the house!
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  3:15:13 PM  Show Profile
23rd is too close for me to make this meeting. I've got a houseful coming, and there is just too much on my plate too close to the big day. Maybe next one will work out better.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  3:41:00 PM  Show Profile
Hey Michelle,
hows 'bout we just "ALL" come over to your house instead???? lol! lol! lol!
just kidding, don't faint! hahaha!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  8:56:22 PM  Show Profile
Ahhhh Grace 0ur are t00 funny.
Michelle, I wh0le heartedly understand.
It may just end up being a c0uple 0f us with it being s0 cl0se.

Next meeting will be 0n January 9th.
Understand ladies with it being s0 cl0se t0 Christmas.

Amanda y0u crazy sewing w0man....miss ya.

Grace y0u are a funny girl.

R0nna, thinkin 0f ya girl.

Jessie, h0w is y0ur weather?

We are having sunshine, we g0t the alm0st 70ft pine tree 0ut 0f 0ur backyard. It was 4 ft away fr0m 0ur m0bile. That was a nice change, and sunshine in the wind0w is grand.
Ahhh, the simple things.....
MC

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  10:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well! Tomorrow I am off to the Hotsprings! I am going to take Nora and Sky and a few good books! It looks like I might get to meet up with Huckleberrywine too! And then I am going to go back next weekend again as well so I can play with a few more farmgirls!! :D Yay! Two weekends at the hot springs! And I am taking some of MJ's food with me. Yum!

Hugs!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  07:13:36 AM  Show Profile
Have fun Alee! and enjoy the peace and hot water =)

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart
Annika
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  11:35:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carol Sue,
Much nicer weather today. Things are thawing out and thankfully(PHEW) we have running water at the trailer again. This northern weather is crazy crazy....someone needs to have a stern talking to our dear friend Jack Frost!!:)
Hope you all aer enjoying your weekend. Been thinking of you all to sound of a roaring sewing machine
hugs
jessie

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  10:52:21 PM  Show Profile
LMB0, r0aring sewing machine, I l0ve it. Glad y0u have water again, that is such a bummer when the water freezes up. We have d0ne it a c0uple 0f times here and w0uldn't ya kn0w it was the line t0 the sh0wer twice last year. That was n0t fun, thankfully Teresa and J0hn's hadn't fr0ze and we still g0t sh0wers.

Alee, the th0ught 0f being warm and t0asty s0unds really g00d right n0w.

S0 are y0u all busy w0rking 0n pr0jects f0r Christmas.....r0aring sewing machines, needles g0ing like crazy. 0kay, walk away f0r 2 mintues, stretch that back, flex th0se fingers and hit it again.....l0l
Y0u can d0 it.....yes, this is y0ur cheerleader.....later girls....
M0ther Clucker

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  6:37:14 PM  Show Profile
no sewing here just getting poked at the doctors for three hours, had to do the extended glucose test YEAH. and while i was their my oldest got sent home with pink eye and then the littlest is having an asthma flare up. so life is not dull at our house. have a doc appointment for the youngest on wed. ready for a nap here oh wait it is almost bed time and i am so happy for it.

so i have both kids home tommorrow and well see for the next day. things will get better but could get worse sooner.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page