Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Update Kooky Cluckers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic
Page: of 33

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  08:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well this morning's drive to work was interesting. First I got stuck behind someone--he must have been from California *wink wink* 'cause he was only driving 5 miles an hour. No kidding. Five miles an hour. Then as I am going up a big huge hill and around a corner I about got creamed by a huge snow plow. He was talking more than his fair share out of the middle of the road! LOL

Oh well. All's well that ends well. I might get snowed in up here though. If the snow drifts continue to form in this wind they might freeze and my little car might not make it back home!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  08:33:03 AM  Show Profile
We get drifted in out here too. Good thing my little Pom is orange, or we'd lose him. My big dogs love the snow and love to tussle and play in it. I hate when people drive dumb Alee, it makes me nuts. I hope you don't get stuck

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  10:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Well I hate to tell ya, but I was probably that girl who you were yelling at,BUT I would rather be slow and making people mad,then sliding all over the place.

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  11:11:52 AM  Show Profile
Happy (belated) Thanksgiving everyone; although I feel like it's still here, since we're still eating leftovers (we went a little crazy and cooked way too much food). You'all have to try to keep some of that beautiful snow for Christmas- I'm very jealous, as our weather forcast for here is 60's and sunny (I know I shouldn't complain, but it's so boring and "un-Christmasy"...)
Amanda, so glad you got your first official snow- by next year you'll be the pro, showing me how it's done!
Alee, I promise that when I get up there I'll try not to show my "California-ness" and drive 5 miles an hour! (or at least I'll try not to get in your way...)
Jessie and Annika, sorry you're both feeling so yucky- I'm sending lots of good thoughts and prayers, and if I could figure out how to package it; I'd send a big vat of chicken soup! Jessie, good luck with staying ahead of the little ones-I remember when Hazel was little there was nothing worse than being sick and trying to take care of her ( I remember one particularly horrendous cold where I had my husband move the couch and bring out her crib to block off the living room before he went to work. That way I could just lay on the couch and entertain her without moving! Not fun, but you do what you have to....)
Carole Sue and Teresa, hope everything is going well and you're not driving yourselves crazy getting ready for the holidays!
Let Mr. Shrimpy and Mighty Mouse know that next summer they'll have a new buddy- I also have a white chihuahua-luckily he's got black/brown spots so I'll be able to find him in the snow. Sorry, Mighty Mouse- he's no longer "daddy" material, if you get my drift. Plus, he's the largest Chihuahua you've ever seen (at first I was told his parents were purebred; later found out that there's some Jack Russell in there-compared to his brothers and sisters he's all Jack Russell....he towers over them!)
Hugs,
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  4:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Audrina - maybe our chi's are related. Mr Shrimpy has black spots too! He looks like a dwarf dalmation with a big black patch over one eye. He's a Mr Shrimpy Pirate Dalmation Chihuahua - it's a new breed not to be confused with Jackhuahua's. :o)

Alee - there are far too many of us Cali girls!! Maybe you should say the slow drivers are from Arizona. :o) LOL Enjoy the SLUSH!

Heather

Live Long, Laugh Often, Farm Much!!

http://farmgirlgourmet.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  8:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Heather...totally understandable, I really didn't think you'd have time to call me. As it was, I was at one Walmart for 6 hours trying to keep my company's toys and games filled on the shelves. About had a stand off with one employee when I told her Hasbro was paying for that aisle game fixture and that's why I kept filling it with my products. Since, I've been told she's a nasty tempered witch to everyone, so not to take it personally...I didn't, just ignored her mostly :) I don't work on commission, but the more the company sells, the better my bonus will be-last year it was about two weeks wages, which was nice.
We barely got a few raindrops this morning, but I let the dogs live in the house while I was gone anyway. The Lab would be okay, but the rat terrier is a wimp. They do have a duplex dog house with blankets and pillows...poor spoiled rotten dogs.
Hope everyone gets or stays well, not fun to get sick. DDS wrote rx for antibiotics today after starting a crown on a broken tooth. Took it to Sams, lady asked if I knew it was pricey. Last time I had Omnicef, it was about $90, $134 with my insurance. Yikes. A couple minutes later, they called me back to the pharmacy and told me they can get the generic. Refunded my money, gave me 3 days supply of the name brand and I can pick up the cheaper generic tomorrow. I thought that was exceptionally nice of them. It will still be pricey, but not nearly as bad.
I see that I'm #38 and Carol Sue is #39 on the Farmgirl Sisterhood list...yeahhhhh!!! It was important that our momma clucker be a member!
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  8:18:48 PM  Show Profile
good job manda and slower is safer, i got passed by a semi on the road to school up here
i was going 35 in a 45 but any faster and i could tell i was not gripping like i should

poor mutsy gave me a sad pathetic look last night when i put her out to go potty and came right back in, she sometimes goes out

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  10:46:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cluckettes,
y0u all have been busy enj0ying y0urself. Yep, l0ves the sn0w, my silly small d0gs like the stuff, they als0 have a d0g d00r and a secure back yard, they went racking ar0und and then came in. I played with the grands 0ut in it this aftern00n and m0re is 0n the way.
0k, I fess up I really like sn0w. My dh d0esn't and he was raised here!!!! He has a few physically challenges s0 I truly can understand it. He smiles at me and says g0 enj0y it as l0ng as I d0n't have t0!!!! l0l
Ahhhh R0nna 0nly rain, but y0u d0 a l0t 0f driving, rain might be better. heeeheeeheee g00d f0r y0u with that n0t nice lady....
Hey Alee at least they were g0ing at least 5 miles per h0ur, c0uld y0u imagine if they were stuck what a mess it w0uld have been!!!!!
Audrina, great hearing fr0m y0u girl. Glad y0u had a g00d thanksgiving.
I l0ve the d0g st0ries and the sn0w. heeehheeeeheeeeheeee
later girlies,
MC

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  05:47:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I was just teasing Amanda about the snow. I agree- going slower is safer in most cases. You should only drive as fast as YOU feel comfortable in snow as it is your experience and abilities that will be tested in a sticky situation.

Like almost being run off the road by a snow plow- I knew how to handle the situation and was able to manuever around him.

Don't worry about the snow my California friends! :D You will get used to driving in it remarkably fast. Just don't let is scare you. Think of it as a powedered sugar dusting on the world :D

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  08:28:45 AM  Show Profile
someone turn up the heat just a little i dont mind the snow just please could we be above 25 degrees. the windows have frost on them cause its so cold, gonna go snuggle down and get warm again

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  10:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
My poor ds was outside yesterday after school, andwhen he came in he sounded like the Dalmation from 101Dalmations, "My nose is froze my toes is froze."Is was cute. They are TRUELLY enjoying the snow.
Alee you would beproud I bumped my speed up to 20ish!! It only took 10 minutes to get to school instead of 15 like it did yesterday lol.

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  12:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amanda-

You are doing awesome! I am proud that you are driving in the snow! Weren't you the one that threatened to homeschool once the white stuff started flying...just so you wouldn't have to drive in it? How is your DH doing with driving in it? I am so ashamed to say that I am blanking on his name right now!! *blush*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  4:54:43 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, y0u are d0ing it Miss Amanda, yep, standing 0vati0n here!!!!!
20, I am very impressed.
Hey girls y0u ready f0r this next 0ne. Starting t0night!!!!!
I have t0 say I iam glad the plastic is 0n the wind0ws and we picked up the lawn furniture. Man, was I sl0w at it this year.
I have t0 say it is pretty ladies.
I l0ve that y0ur ds was a fr0sty fr0zen cause he was having fun. Just bring um in and warm them up every bit 0r s0. Wait till they see it t0m0rr0w!!!!!!!
MC

Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  8:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
Well it's raining powdered sugar again! Not sure if I'm happy about this or not! I guess I'll be getting seed catalogs soon and then I can start dreaming up my spring garden instead of dwelling on winter. By the way, I went to the Walmart in AH and they had cornish game hens for $2 each. Check out my blog for a super cheap, amazingly delicious stuffed game hen!! We had it tonight and we all ate the little birdies clean!! So delicious! Anyway, thought I'd share!

Enjoy the white stuff!
Heather

Edited by - Pickles on Nov 28 2007 8:55:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  3:53:03 PM  Show Profile
Ahhhhh we 0nly g0t ab0ut an0ther inch 0r a bit m0re, but we are just starting, patience I kn0w......Besides pe0ple need t0 be able t0 get places safely.....
H0w are y0u all d0ing? Just checking......
MC alias CS

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  4:04:15 PM  Show Profile
We are not getting any snow to speak of here. It is depressing, to say the least. Darned weather liars anyway. but we have months left of winter, so I'm not going to worry too much yet.

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  5:35:47 PM  Show Profile
L0L, that is s0 true Annika!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  8:22:22 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so I don't pop in as often as I would like too...Alee, when are you planning this hot springs jaunt? I find them so hard to resist. Maybe we can make it a families weekend? We've been working so hard here, we're due for a winter fun break.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  10:12:59 PM  Show Profile
Update on the generic vs. name brand antibiotic. Name brand was $144, my co pay was $135. Generic, $115, my copay was less than $3. Is that amazing or what? Well worth making another trip into Sams. I'm not sure if it was the pharmacist or med tech who initiated getting the generic, but I sure did appreciate their effort. My 30 yr chronic sinus problem, even after surgery means anytime I have dental work done I need antibiotics, especially if I'm working on getting sick anyway like this time. And I've built up a resistance over the years to the usual stuff. Feel so much better already.
Hope everyone is keeping warm. Will be in the teens or single digit here tonite and had some snow today that didn't stick on the roads, thankfully.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  06:48:45 AM  Show Profile
haha i am up early ok so i kinda took a nap in from midnight till four

well this snow is interesting for me this year cause staying warm is proving hard, i dont think i can wiggle into the snowpants much longer *dang it*

ok finally got to drive in the car with the new snow tires and they are great
went to disney on ice and all i can say is poor kids tempted to get all kinds of stuff and i had to say no ten bucks for cotton candy are you kidding me and twelve for a snow cone with a suveniour cup, just didnt have that kinda MOOLAH especially with christmas coming

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  08:00:11 AM  Show Profile
Hello again my dear Clucker Sisters!
The cold has had me down and out for a bit. I am still fighting it though I think the worst of it was yesterday. DH wouldn't stay home from work to help so I spend most of the day ranting and raving about men being idiots as a whole gender...(i know shame on me, and i willbe eating my humble pie before too long I am sure. Just cuz I rant and rave doesn't mean I truly mean it just hot under the collar at the moment.). I think it burned out some steam and burned out some of the cold too.
Snow is due tomorrow. I hate snow, but I know it wil kill all the bad germs and I cant wait to have it at least for right now.
Miss u all and hope to be up to par and posting regularly again soon
hugs jessie

When life sends storms, remember to dance in the rain!

http://HandmadeHeartStrings.etsy.com
www.MayhemMommyMemoirs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  4:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle-

I was thinking sometime around my birthday (December 11th). Husband has a gamers weekend to go to CDA that weekend though so maybe the next weekend? A family weekend would be tons of fun. I know I will be taking Nora since I can make the soaking pool baby temp. Then again, Nora takes pretty warm baths.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  7:36:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jessie girl,
Keep y0ur chin up girl. Ranting and raving keeps ya warm and als0 helps y0u deal with life. Letting 0ff steam is a very g00d thing.

Hey mama's 0f mini cluckers, think ab0ut when we can get the minis t0gether f0r a get t0gether f0r them.

Yep we g0t m0re sn0w and it was w0nderful but the say rain 0n M0nday....that is 0kay winter is just beginning.
S0 will make fine w0rk 0f playing in the sn0w t0m0rr0w with th0se grands!!!!! At least f0r a little bit!!!!
H0pe y0u are all having a grand weekend.
CS

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  8:48:15 PM  Show Profile
well i figured the next mini meeting should be when audrina comes into town and we meet up at mcdonalds.

my feet are soooooo cold lately, anyone have any great ideas other then movin to cali for the winter

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Pickles
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Dairy Princess
Cheney WA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  8:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Pickles a Yahoo! Message
WOOL SOCKS!! My feet were freezing all day today, so when I got home I slipped on my thick wool socks and my pigs are toasty warm!! It's still snowing over here in Cheney. Hopefully I'll be able to get out of the driveway tomorrow morning....the mall is calling my name!! :o) Hope you're all enjoying this fun weather.

Heather

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Update Kooky Cluckers Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page