True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:11:07 PM  Show Profile
Erik,
Sounds a little scary there, chimney and nuts on top of it! LOL! All kidding aside, most of my favorite movies are black & white. Of course I do have some newer favorites such as "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless In Seattle" or "An Affair to Remember" and "All That Heaven Allows". I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow

Edited by - Kim on Aug 24 2005 1:15:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Kim, are you my long lost twin???

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

goalieboy
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

erik
moscow id
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:21:18 PM  Show Profile
what would life be without romance? My kitty gets all mine. Peoples are to complicated.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:24:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh, tell me about it. Loving the dog, Emma, there is nothing like unconditional love!!!

Clare, let's have a girls movie night!!!! Oh, I also forgot BOTH Sabrina's. Gotta love Harrison Ford!

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:28:16 PM  Show Profile
Anyone up for Magnificent Obsession with Rock Hudson and Jane Wyman? I'll pop the popcorn!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:30:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh!! ANOTHER ONE! I watch that every time it's on!!!!

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:40:08 PM  Show Profile
My cat is actually one my daughter got when she was still in high school. She got her before she should've been weaned, so Christy carried her around on her shoulder like a baby, and she would cuddle her neck. Well, I enjoy cats, but when she wants to cuddle she's in my face, literally, purring... I push her down to my chest and she works her way back up, and before ya know it I'm done with that game. On occasion she'll just lay on my lap, but she usually wants all or nothing... hmmm, might be a human trait there!!! Maybe my daughter and I can have a movie marathon night this weekend after the kids are asleep... all those romatic ones .... sigh, sigh, sigh. I'm overdue for a romantic (movie) marathon. Come on over everyone!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:41:18 PM  Show Profile
Okay, now that I bared my hard-as-rock hockey soul, I can prove to you that I am a soft, romantic, too:
Cold Mountain...Yes, yes yes!!I listen to the sound track endlessly
Big Fish...bawled my eyes out
It Could Happen to You with Nicolas Cage and Bridget Fonda.
An oldy but goody
The Notebook...sigh..supposed to be a sequel to this one I heard.I am keepin' my fingers crossed.
Gotta step outa my armor temporarily for these

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:45:44 PM  Show Profile
OH My Gosh!!! and the cutest,corniest love story of 'em all:
Pure Country with that handsome cowboy,George Strait.
How could I forget!

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:49:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my heart! George Strait! swoon, swoon! Nothin' like a pure, simple, honest, counrty man. (IF that's wahat he is like in real life! lol!) Gimme a farm boy anyday!
Clare, the cat I used to have did that. My mom would come by and say Ew! That's gross. I think he was weaned to early.
Susan, I love "It Could Happen to You" also.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  3:33:17 PM  Show Profile
I BOUGHT Pure Country...probably not exactly Oscar material..but thats okay...and so is George!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  06:47:58 AM  Show Profile
Someone mentioned half.com in another post for good values on books. This has been completely off my radar. Don't know why, cause I'm sure an Ebay looker. Anywho... happy to say that Gene Kelly x 3 is on it's way to my mailbox! Singin' in the Rain, An American in Paris and Summer Stock. And it didn't break the bank! Lookin' forward to some good, fun entertainment, and maybe tap my toes in the process!

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  07:39:20 AM  Show Profile
Love "Pure Country"! I have the soundtrck, too and play it all the time. And last night I got drawn into watching "Sweet Home Alabama" again, and must admit I enjoyed it.

Anyone remember "Three Coins in a Fountain" and "The Sand Pebbles"? "Doctor Zhivago" and "Ryan's Daughter"? I loved the music from all of those.

Erik - I have put off saying this, but speaking of movie stars and such - has anyone told you that your photos look like Billy Bob Thornton?

jpbluesky
heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 26 2005 07:45:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  08:10:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Doctor Zhivago! I forgot about that one and 3 Coins in a Fountain. jp, you are right, he DOES resemble Billy Bob!!!! Minus the tattoes!

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  6:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Kim - do we know that for sure? :)
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  7:04:47 PM  Show Profile
I noticed that too JP! He does look like Billy Bob Thornton! And I think he has some kind of a band he sings in when not making movies. Kim, since you like B movies have you ever seen Mars Needs Women and Plan 9 From Outer Space? I loved Three Coins in the Fountain. My favorite scene is when the Italian guy and one of the girls drive that huge truck without gears or brakes up to his family farm for a country picnic. I liked Boy on a Dolphin and This Earth is Mine, about a vineyard family in the 1920's California with Rock Hudson and Jean Simmons.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre

Edited by - MeadowLark on Aug 26 2005 7:10:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  7:29:06 PM  Show Profile
Anybody who wants just a fun, lighthearted movie should go see "Must Love Dogs". It was one of those fun, make you laugh out loud movies that just make you feel good, all too rare today, I loved it! Did we forget to mention "My Big Fat Greek Wedding? That was a hoot too! I loved it!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  9:24:45 PM  Show Profile
I LOOOVVVVEDD My Big Fat Greek Wedding!!! I have been wondering if "Must Love Dogs" was good..now that I know I will have to go see it. I only seem to get out to the theaters with the kids to see cartoons! I am due to see a real movie!!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  07:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Jenny-I went to see Must Love Dogs when I took 4 soon to be 7th graders to a movie I had NO interest in seeing, and lucked out because this started 5 minutes after and ended 5 minutes before their movie. It was the first time I have let them go alone and it was the first time I have gone to a movie alone since I don't know when! Maybe when I was still single? Sad... yes , I know!You'll get there!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  07:58:29 AM  Show Profile
Everyone is saying March of the Penguins is really good. Have not seen it yet, but it sure gets good reveiws from my friends!

jpbluesky
heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  09:28:28 AM  Show Profile
you know what? I have never been to a movie alone in my life. That is so weird to think of..I always go with the kids or husband or girlfriends, or a relative. Someday I need to try that. I do like to be alone sometimes..just never in 46 years has it been to a movie theater. Weird.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  09:34:59 AM  Show Profile
My husband and I have very, very different tastes when it comes to movies. What we do sometimes is go to the theater, get tickets and popcorn (2) and the split up. He goes to a action/war/"blood and guts" show and I go to a romantic drama or comedy. Afterwards we join and talk about it. Works great for us!

From this hour on I ordain myself loss'd of limits and immaginary lines. Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  09:46:48 AM  Show Profile
I go to the movies alone a lot of the time. My husband doesn't like movies and if there's one I want to see I just take myself. I love having the quiet escape of the movie and time alone to myself. Jenny -- try it, you'll like it!

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  10:00:04 AM  Show Profile
I can "testify" to the going to the movies alone thing. Been doing that for years and years... not that I find that much to go watch lately, but when I'm inclined to go, no second hesitation about doing it. And I usually always go to a matinee, cheaper and much less crowded.

Go to Top of Page

AuntieJen
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Jenny
Tacoma WA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  10:53:22 AM  Show Profile
I went to a movie alone once, during a really hard time in my life. It was a great escape.
I love "Fried Green Tomatoes", "What About Bob", "Signs", "Benny and Joon", the Harry Potter movies....so many more..."Finding Neverland" is wonderful. Any special movies you save for the holidays? "Christmas Vacation", "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Christmas Story" (one of the best, funniest movies ever, in my opinion)every year. "You'll shoot your eye out!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Reading Room: Previous Topic Movies we love..old and new! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page