smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  5:57:58 PM  Show Profile
absolutely gorgeous autumn, magnificent. steph...how are you doin?
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  6:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, That is just beautiful!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  7:27:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies- I'm waitin for Stephanie to check in too.
She won't have bloodwork results till Tues I think- but the ultrasound should be quick.
Keep us up to date Stephanie.
Blessings
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  2:58:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey Autumn, Linda, Jess....

Here's my medical update so far...the Ultrasound showed everything as normal, my bloodwork came back early and it's all normal except for my cholesterol....only my LDL (bad) is over what it should be but not by much. The HDL (good) and the triglycerides are both good. This MD I went to earned a Brownie Point with me by encouraging me to continue my good nutrition and not trying to put me on one of those Statin drugs to lower cholesterol

So next I will be going to the Gastroentologist (spelling??) to have the gall bladder further evaluated. It seems that each doctor requests different tests for the same problems. So I will know hopefully by midweek when I go see this guy.

Alot of anxiety was eased by getting good readings on all of my bloodwork. I still think I have a nonfunctioning gall bladder so maybe the next test will show it...I'm kind of at a loss with all of it. I have felt better the last two days but it seems to have a mind of it's own.

As Kathryn Hepburn said "Growing older is not for sissy's?" LOL

Please continue the healing thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate them....

I've got so many pictures to edit and post...Maybe this week I can get some of that done.

Talk to y'all soon, Stephanie

Autumn, the quilt turned out so totally cool!!

Linda, Your Danny is in my thoughts and prayers. I know it will be difficult for him to adjust to his dad being gone but fortunately he has your love and care to keep him focused

Jess, Well, I read your reply over on the apron sew a long and was getting ready to reply again and my computer monitor died. Just got a new one hooked up.

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  5:33:15 PM  Show Profile

OK here is the first postcard- maybe the only one!!!
Oh, if I only had some talent!!!
It's a sad little thing but I'm passing it off as "primitive".
I think I will stick with 3 dimensional objects or do more "quilt-like" fronts.I think crazy quilt themes would work better for this kind of thing.
I really liked the fusible images that came in the pkg- but they didn't fit this theme- you know primitive!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  5:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Autumn...I like it....I think the postcard is pretty.
Did you say it was a kit?

Happy Holidays to my FARMGIRL sisters!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  5:54:32 PM  Show Profile
It was a part of a kit- there were fusible images ribbon and the back-looks like old fashioned postcard printed on muslin. As you can see from the picture I did the picture myself- from a christmas card- I should say badly done-
I think if you can paint or draw this would be a good project- I can do neither!!
Cant understand perspective-
quote:
Originally posted by yarnmamma

Autumn...I like it....I think the postcard is pretty.
Did you say it was a kit?

Linda in PA

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  6:03:20 PM  Show Profile
great first try, just keep practicing!
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  7:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Not very motivating to practice when ya can't figure out what to do different- I think I'm gonna need a hands on lesson to get anywhere with this!
Now when I made the beehive & bee I could understand how things should look- but I just dont think I can "develop" a real knack for this- it's like painting- you have to transfer it from head to hands.
I'm not sure this was even in my head- maybe space!!!
Anyway- I am gonna try a more fabric oriented one. Lots of embroidery- that's my thing- I can really feel that.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  8:44:06 PM  Show Profile
right on, i would like to try needle felting, but i do not want to invest a bunch of resources in something I have no idea about, i have read a tiny bit, but I think I will just keep my eyes peeled for a workshop.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  10:58:43 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, I really like it. You did a wonderful job!

Cheryl, Farmgirl Sister #48
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  12:22:52 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, That's super cool! You did a great job...You know you had fits with Bias tape and overcame that in a hurry. You are talented and just don't see it. I guess we are all our own worst critics.

I think you did great...

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  1:45:29 PM  Show Profile
I love the rice bag quilt!! And that postcard!! How lovely. You guys inspire me into sewing all day.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  08:02:23 AM  Show Profile

Just adding a cute penny rug type ornament for fun!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  08:41:20 AM  Show Profile
I can't remember who asked me to post some wool penny rug things I have done- so if you see it here and on Apron sew along, please forgive me.
I just can't remember who asked or where I said I'd post them.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  3:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh good, now I can find your penny rugs again when I want to...LOL

I'm going to be washing and felting some wool this week since the weather is messy and I'm still not over this cold. Figured that would be a good way to spend the next couple of days.

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  4:04:04 PM  Show Profile
Sorry your still feeling bad,Stephanie.
The weather here is like mid summer-80 degrees and sunny today!!!
I'll try to put some more Penny rug stuff up- when I find some time

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  09:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Here's a link for an article on making a Postage Stamp quilt...I've never done one but a lady in my local sewing group is making one. I enjoy just watching her fold those tiny pices of fabric I like doing small projects so I guess I'll have to try it one day.
http://www.ctpub.com/client/client_pages/free_patterns/postagestamp.cfm

Autumn, Where are you?? I know you are preparing for the kids. I want to know what all you are cooking??

And Linda?? where are you? Maybe you went out of town..

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe!

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  2:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Stephanie, I am here, been posting on lots of topics, just not quilting lately. :-)
I did make the winter blocks for swap and made them with hand applique only, no other piecing. I think I'm behind on sending them...oops

How are you feeling?

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  4:02:33 PM  Show Profile
There you are! I'm feeling so much better. The meds are really helping. The stomach is still an issue but soooo much better than a week ago.

I know everyone's kind of scattered right now with Christmas right around the corner..just wanted to know you were ok

Wishing you and your Danny a wonderful Christmas..I'll be talking to ya...Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  6:56:12 PM  Show Profile
The wall hanging is looking great....I think that one is my favorite ...so far : )
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  7:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, I am so glad you are feeling better!

Cheryl, Farmgirl Sister #48
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  8:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cheryl,

Thanks so much for keeping up with me and my miseries of late! I received your Christmas card..I have a table full of cards now. It's great fun receiving cards from the Farmgirls.

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  05:54:33 AM  Show Profile
HEY girls!
I've been MIA- lots of running going on!!!
Now how is it that I don't have a snail mail for you Stephanie???
I thought I emailed you for it but cant find it! I was gonna send ya card too.
My car died and I had to switch gears really fast to keep up with things here- plus got a sinus infection- I cant keep up with myself!!!
I have been sleeping at night -thanks to NyQuil

Hey ya'll meet my girl,Bekah(22shortie) she'll be a regular here I think. She's already found more things to do than she has time for with a busy 2 yr old.
Everyone have a BLESSED Christmas and enjoy your family!!!
I love all you girls!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  06:03:34 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie- I forgot to tell ya about the menu!!!
(I thought it was on another topic- see I confuse myself)

Here's the yummy menu-

Deep fried turkey- it's the event as much as the final product here
The men all stand around an outdoor burner and talk and horse around till the grease is just right then they drop that big old bird into the boiling oil and fry it till it's just right then out it comes and everyone nibbles on it while the second one cooks, and listen to the guys talk about how good a job they did !! It's such a hoot!!!

Besides turkey we have the traditional- cornbread dressing,fresh cranberry sauce,mashed potatoes,green bean casserole, sweet potatoe casserole,fruit salad,and pecan pie!
Maybe a few fried sw potatoes and some other munchy foods.
No big sit down formal thing here- it usually ends up an outdoor event- the weather is still mild here- 60 degrees this morning.

So what is your menu? Do you have a crowd or do you travel to someones place to eat?
You know I should be cleaning this place up- I have my daughter's soon to be in-laws coming for lunch on Sunday-
(Bekah if you read this before I talk to ya-plan on being here- gumbo for a crowd at noon and Andrea's Bday party at 4-)

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt n stitch Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page