queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  2:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Popping in for quick hello to Autumn and everyone Autumn, I can imagine all the gadgets and demos that were in Houston! I'm a gadget girl at heart too!

Love the quilt with the hen observing. Very nice and the hen is pretty too

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  7:24:55 PM  Show Profile
I thought the hen was an applique at first! She is beautiful and she has good taste in friends and stitching!!

Stephanie~ I didn't even get to browse the gadgets`~ too many people!
I hung out at the primitive stitcheries and wool vendors. They were charming!
Did anyone else go to the festival? Surely some other farmgirls were there.
Blessings
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  6:14:48 PM  Show Profile
I do have very pretty hens this year! That one who is always being nosy has a great personality as well. She is so friendly and curious.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  05:53:23 AM  Show Profile
Dontcha just love chickens!!! They crack me up!!!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  11:49:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey Autumn,

Well I must say my new location is wonderful! I attended a sewing/needlework/quilting group at one of the local Libraries on Wednesday. It was fabulous! The ladies lovingly pulled me in as if I have always lived here. Several of us traveled over to a sewing/fabric shop with our lunch and sat in the back room with the owner to eat and then we worked on whatever project we had brought with us.

I'm making yo-yo's right now and the fabric shop owner asked me to demonstrate how to use all the Clover Yo-Yo makers at a special demonstration/project meeting that was held this morning. That was alot of fun and met many more ladies hopelessly hooked on sewing..LOL

In all I have discovered 3 sewing groups within 15 miles that meet on different days of the week and 2 different quilting guilds that are active. Also, two very nice yarn shops within the same area.

Thankful for your kind spirit and for you staying in touch with me. Autumn…your're a doll!

Talk to you soon, Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Nov 08 2007 11:50:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  3:20:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh Stephanie
I am so happy you have found a circle of like minded women!!!
They are lucky to have you among them!

I am doing some crochet right now. I got hooked on dishcloths with cotton yarn. I love it!
I have made bunches for christmas gifts.
Tell me all about the yarn shop- I've never been to one before.The only yarn I ever see is at Wal-mart-not the greatest selection.
Anyway I love the feel of the cotton yarn so it has been lots of fun to work on these.

Stephanie- I need to pick your brain about needle felting.
I want to do a needle felted postcard for a christmas card but I dont know where to start. I saw the finished product but how to start I can't figure out. Any suggestions?
Blessings
Autumn

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  3:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Autumn,

Gosh, there are so many foundations to make it from..you can start with a piece of felt or wool fabric or cotton and needlefelt your design on to it and make a sandwich of the needlefelted foundation, thin layer of cotton batting (warm & natural...at Walmart) or a stiff stabilizer and then back it with a piece of cotton by machine or handstitching all of it together. Cut the middle layer smaller so it doesn't show at the edges. Or you could even do a tiny binding around it..just depends how involved you want to get.

Another idea would be to stitch the needlefelting to a piece of cardstock or other paper that is firmer. I made a paper and fabric collage for my mom this year and did the stitching on the machine but handsewing it will be just fine and actually will add more personality to it. It's fun to combine the paper and fabric. I like the feel of sewing those two things together.

Hope that helped....I bet there are a million different ways to approach it..LOL

(((hugs))) Stephanie

PS: forgot to talk about the yarn shop! "Be still my heart"..I'll post later about that!

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Nov 08 2007 3:50:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  10:10:37 AM  Show Profile
Hey there Autumn,

I found this link to some ArtCards made with Fabric, fibers, etc..thought you would enjoy looking at them

http://www.artcardideas.com/2007/artcardgallery/winners.asp

Talk to ya soon, Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  2:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Steph...hi and how R U doing? Glad to see a post from ya
:-)

Reading, posting, sewing ...all day long..la la la
I LOVE being a FARMGIRL!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  5:11:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda,

I really like the area I am living in right now. Several sewing groups, lots of fabric shops, yarns shops, etc.

I'm still dealing with my health issue and will probably have an ultrasound next week to find out exactly what the problem is.

Please...you and anyone else that are praying women please ask for my healing to take place and for my issues to be easily overcome. It does scare me since I've never had much wrong with me in these 49 years.

I've continued with my good nutrition so I know that's one good thing I've done for myself.

Hope you and Danny are doing fine..Let me know how his recovery has been.

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  7:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Stephanie- sure are missin ya!!!
Did ya get my email? You've been busy I know- but I am so glad when ya check in .

I am trying my hand at the needle felted postcard. it's fun but I'm afraid my lack of "artsy" is showing up. It kinda feels like painting- which I can not do. I can't seem to get the perspective right. Makes it not so fun for me- but I can see other ways to make it by simply doing this one- so I will persist!Thanks for the general info.

Here's my brainstorm for today- a looongg rainy cold day!
I made some throw pillows out of rice bags-(muslin bags with printing and pics) then I pulled out the table cloth I had pieced-also of rice bags. They are all very irregular in size and colors so it's REALLY a crazy looking piece.
Anyway -I was never happy with the table cloth so I put a border on it and I'm making it into a quilt. I decided to use embroidery floss -all different colors - and outline in big stitches the general printed areas on each bag.
It's turning out so cute!
Nothing fancy but very "farmhouse" and comfy.
I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow or Monday.
Blessings to you all!
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  12:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey Autumn,

The rice bag pillows and quilt sound totally farmgirl! Can't wait to see pictures. It's cold and raining today and supposed to tomorrow also. I go back to the Chiropractor tomorrow and then to the MD on Tuesday. Hopefully I can get an ultrasound scheduled soon to go find out what is ailing me.

I'll keep you posted....Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  4:27:00 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie- I missed something- I didn't know you were ailing. HOW did I miss that. If you told me and I actually knew and forgot I am the one who needs to go to the dr!!!
SO_ DON't tell me I already knew!!!!
I took a couple of pics but have been too lazy all day to upload them. It has been raining for 3 days and I have been busy stitching but not posting.
I promise I'll get to it!

Let me know how the dr. visit turns out.
Blessings
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  4:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Oh Steph, hope you can find out what the matter is and find a way to feel better soon :-( We care about you and I will light a candle right now and say some prayers.
luv, Linda

Happy Holidays to my FARMGIRL sisters!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  11:30:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Autumn and Linda...And Autumn..you didn't already know. I've stayed low key with this ailing hoping it would just go away...now I've got to get the details weather I want to or not. YUK!! I hate dealing with these types of issues..Really a mental drag.

I'll let y'all know as soon as I know something...Please continue the healing prayers and thoughts. I really appreciate and know how we can especially "in numbers" bring a healing to one another.

Have a great day, Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  4:21:35 PM  Show Profile
Boy am I glad I didnt just forget!!
Prayers said to the good Lord for your healing and health.
Heres the pics I told you about- I just snapped them real quick and it was early in the process.
I decided to quilt the words of traditional cajun rice dishes in the blank spots of the rice bags- red beans n rice, Jamablaya, gumbo- you know that kind of thing. It really is cute!!!

Blessings
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  4:52:19 PM  Show Profile
OMG!!!!! That is so gorgeous and adorable!!!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  4:54:46 PM  Show Profile
Autumn,

That quilt is so cute!! Love the pillows too

Thank you for the ongoing prayers.

Talk to you more tomorrow after I get back from the doctor.

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  11:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Autumn, the apron from Bev looks great on you! Thanks so much for posting the pic. Yes, you are a beautiful woman. :-)
The rice pillows and quilt are great...really like them. The pillows look like they are filled with rice...very homey country.
:-)

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  05:24:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone. Ya'll are good for one's self esteem!!!
I loved doing this quilt- total time is almost nothing!
I will bind it today, so I guess all total I've only worked about a day and a half or two at the most.

What are ya'll working on?

Blessings
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  9:50:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Autumn and Linda,

My ultrasound is scheduled for Thursday morning. My bloodwork results will be in on December 4th.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  04:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
prayers and hugggs for you. Good luck tomorrow.
I have had the ultrasound for gall bladder and it was quick, no big deal. If you are in pain it could be uncomfortable there where they have to push on it. My sickness ended up being lung pluersy.
Good luck and blessings with them!

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  11:59:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Linda,

I'll let y'all know the results when I get them back.

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  5:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Well here's the rice bag quilt.
It's certainly not a precision project but very farmgirl and lots of fun!!!
In the blank spaces- and there are lots of them- I embroidered/quilted traditional louisiana rice dishes.
Red beans & rice, gumbo, ettouffe- my kids already love it.
I may still sew some patches onto the blanks spaces that remain but for now this is it.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  5:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Autumn...awesome!

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt n stitch Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page