queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  11:10:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Bekah (22shortie)!!!! I just know you will find all kinds of interesting stuff to read and more projects to get into than you can ever keep up with..LOL.. So glad you've joined us...there's always room for more sweet ladies like your momma and I know you come by it honestly!

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  11:22:02 AM  Show Profile
Autumn,

If you're like me I have all these addresses and then can't find anything when I need it. The thought is what counts. You thought of me and I thought of you!

Sorry you've had a sinus infection. That's enough to keep you in low gear. Feel better soon!! And I hope your car isn't terminal!?

I've done the whole Fried Turkey script..LOL The first time was when I lived in Slidell, Louisiana. It was a gathering of friends and it was exactly as you have described it! What a scream it was...the guys were so proud of their culinary expertise. It truly was divine eating. I guess I just get to dream about it now since that's a big no no these days.

We will be having a quiet "low fat" celebration...woohoo!!! Thomas has switched over completely to my menu so that's even better now. We study restaurant menus and have found a few that have good stuff to offer. Believe me, there's not many that do.

Tonight is a company dinner at one of the restaurants so hopefully they will offer up something that I can eat. It really looks bizarre when I'm the only one sitting there eating a huge salad while everyone else is eating a big steak..

You have a great celebration and take pictures if you get the time.

Talk to ya soon,
Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  11:32:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Bekah!

Cheryl, Farmgirl Sister #48
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  11:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
welcome Bekah--shortie
I hope you enjoy our forums. Be sure to check out lots of topics. We talk and share about just about anything! These gals are becoming my best friends.

Happy Holidays to my FARMGIRL sisters!
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  06:46:38 AM  Show Profile
Well it's time to start a new project. Not only is it the new year but I have a daughter getting married in April. In addition to the regular wedding things I'll be starting her wedding quilt.
She has picked out 4 different patterns so far- I'm waiting for one to stick for a couple of days before I get serious.
Looks like she's wanting a star of some kind- feathered star?
Also an Ohio star variation-
What are ya'll working on?

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  07:03:23 AM  Show Profile
Hey Steph, sounds like you are doin better! Good for you! I agree on the address thing. I must have most peoples by now, but I am not so organized, but I think of everyone.

Autumn, I cannot wait to see the wedding quilt as you work it. I just got a dressform, so I am thinking this is the year to clothe me! We shall see! Although I do need to make 4 or 5 baby quilts. And there is one for a benefit for the kids school I will be doing in January. Okay but nothing to show off!

Hope you all had a great Christmas. I havent been on this thread in a few weeks to check in.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  07:18:58 AM  Show Profile
Right now I am cleaning out my sewing/craft room. How does it get so messy! I have had a week off of work and am just now working on my to do list. Just in time to go back to work! I do want to make our chapter apron then work on a few quilts. We will see!

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  11:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jess!

Glad to see your smiling face.. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration. So glad you got a dressform. I made a quick trip back to the mountain house to get my sewing machines, dressform, a closet full of fabric, notions, patterns...OMG my poor car was dragging it's butt down the highway..LOL

We've wound up moving to a larger apartment (fortunately it was right next door) to the one bedroom we were in so only had to walk about 25 feet to the new one. Now I have room to spread out and finally get settled in after 2 months.

I've been losing weight so I have to readjust my dressform..Yay!!
Been waiting for this day! Once I go down to another size I will have to buy a new dressform.

I think it's alot more fun fitting yourself when you have the dressform...otherwise you constantly fight back and forth to get the fit you want. Of course, I think you have sewing clothes down to a fine art! You really do a great job.

Thanks for the reply and I'll be talkin to ya.
Stephanie

PS: I read that you are thinking of starting a blog..You really should. I always enjoy seeing the pictures of you and your children and read about what y'all are up to.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  11:45:15 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl, did you get your craft room cleaned out? Pictures please! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  07:40:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Stephanie, It's about as clean as it gets! I will get some pictures posted. How are you feeling?

Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  6:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Here are the pictures of my craft room. You can see I did have some help!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  7:06:52 PM  Show Profile
cheryl...great craft area! kitty is cute, too. you are mighty organized.

steph, glad you are gettin some of your stuff for fun. i am hoping to sew a lot more for me now, we shall see how it goes. We also wound up with a pooch over the holidays, so I am trying to figure out if I need to sew for her as well. Maybe some all weather booties, a fleece, hmm.. I am feeling out of body right now!!!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  7:35:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cheryl,

I'm feeling so much better..thanks so much for keeping me in your thoughts. Your sewing/craft room is very organized. Now you can dive in and hopefully find everything. I'm so bad for getting everything put away then spend too much time trying to remember what the heck I did with it..LOL So I always wind up with way too much laying out and sitting all over the place so I can SEE IT..

Thanks for sharing,
Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  7:41:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jess,

Yep, you definitely need to make that pooch some booties, coats, pj's...LOL What kind did you get? I'm crocheting Miss Morgan some right now and I also want to make some from felted wool. Dressing Miss Morgan is like having a live baby doll to play with.

I've got to get me a bulletin board to hang on the wall and I decided to cover used boxes with papers to use for organizing all the little stuff and to hold files and patterns.

I look at all the organizers and they've become to darn expensive. I've got all of it in the house but no way to haul all of it right now so I'll recycle what I can come up with. I've got really good thrift stores around here so that makes it fun.

Talk to you soon,
Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  2:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Glad to see you are feeling better Steph. Hope this is a good year for health for each of us.

I made a few quilts over the vacation and they are on my blog. Someone needs to give me suggestions for borders for the one on top on January 1. I am not sure what to do with it. It is sort of a big and bold top, so maybe nothing delicate or small? Help me!

Scroll down to see the one I made after Christmas using repro prints from the 30s. It was so easy.

My new blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  2:27:43 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn
I LOVE your blog& your house & your quilts & o.k I know
Enough already!
The fall quilt is wonderful! Maybe a paisly print with some deep tones to accent the prints already in the top- but I dont know- borders are not my best thing.
How in the world do you get sooo much done??? Are you related to BEV?????? or Jess??? Or Naomi???? or....

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  2:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl
Your sewing room is so organized!!!
It's a wonderful space! Tks for sharing with us- maybe it'll make me straighten mine up now!
quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl

Right now I am cleaning out my sewing/craft room. How does it get so messy! I have had a week off of work and am just now working on my to do list. Just in time to go back to work! I do want to make our chapter apron then work on a few quilts. We will see!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  4:08:36 PM  Show Profile
Autumn: I wish I were related to you all!! I never had sisters before (except for "blood sisters" in grade school), so I would love some now. I think the idea of a paisley is excellent. I happen to love that type of fabric. Maybe I will finish that one in a few weeks.

My quilting and life blog!!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  4:22:57 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn, I really like your quilt!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  6:00:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Cheryl! Now, I need your organizational skills and neat sewing room. That room would be inspirational for me!

My quilting and life blog!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  6:14:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey Steph...I got a retriever/beagle mix. She adopted us on Christmas day. Long story, but we found the owner and he said we could have her if we wanted. She is fully trained, etc. She is great around the kids and does not whine or beg and doesnot mind the kennel at night.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  11:03:06 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jess, Just read over on the other topic about the felted sweater for the dog..gotta see the picture.

Sounds like you were blessed with a good doggie! Now you gotta make some snow boots..LOL

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  08:36:53 AM  Show Profile
yeah i know, trying to figure that out, I think i need to go to a store and see what they even look like, pics on the internet arent doin it for me!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  09:59:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jess,

Here's what I'm doing. Make a tube style sock that will come up over that ankle joint and then you could attach a tab that can wrap around and fasten with velcro..kind of like how an umbrella closure works..did that make sense?

Miss Morgan is so tiny I'm gonna attach ribbon, cord or something and wrap around a few times and then tie it. She's indoors mostly so don't have to worry with them getting lost.

Oh yeah since I'm crocheting some right now I'm sewing a layer of wool felt to the sole for added warmth. I've seen some of the larger ones use the nonskid slipper sole fabric. I've seen it at Hancock's.

In your case your could spray them with a Scotchgard to make them water repellent. I would think using the wool from a felted sweater and adding extra to the "pad" area and waterproofing it should be nice and warm.

All the booties that are being sold are zipping up the back and don't look very soft..seems like it would hurt their paws..LOL

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  10:07:54 AM  Show Profile
thanks, i am planning on doggie pampering sewing this afternoon after house cleaning is done. i will letcha know how it goes!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt n stitch Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page