Page: of 16

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  2:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Postcard size quilt! too small for me! I don't think my eyes could see it.
Still working on setting up the fabric swap....I'll let ya know soon. :-)

read...post....sew....read...post....sew...all the day long..la la la la

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  2:29:48 PM  Show Profile
We have done swaps with fat quarters before and I think we signed up in groups of 12 or so. Then we sent them all to the leader who then just swapped them out and sent us all 12 from each other. You enclose a stamped, self addressed envelope with your FQs and that's it. It's a lot of fun to see what you get from the other girls.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  5:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes, sewgirlie...sounds easy. I would like to start with just 6 quarters each. They can be sent to me and I will just swap them out. The deadline will be very soon so we can get them back without waiting a long time. Deadline is Oct 15th...about 2 weeks...then I will send them out on Halloween! How's that sound? I am starting the new topic to post all info. Anyone can email my address to get my mailing address.

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  10:06:19 AM  Show Profile
I made this Halloween bag last night.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  1:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Cute bag...is it for a purse or for collecting the Halloween treats..or both? :-D I like it!

I am going to make my Halloween apron soon! Got some decorations outside yesterday...got a little boy who loves decorating! :-D

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  2:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda, I am going to use it to hand out the Halloween candy. I also, started putting out my decorations.
Cheryl

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  2:25:26 PM  Show Profile
Cute bag,Cheryl.
Can't say I like Halloween at all- but the bag is adorable!
Blessings!
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  5:07:56 PM  Show Profile
Great bag, Cheryl. I love the Halloween fabric.
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  5:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful work Autumn! A few years ago I pieced my first quilt, a sampler. I enjoyed doing it. Now I have several projects in-progress. A group of ladies in my church hand quilt. I helped them with one of my quilts. My stitches were certainly bigger than theirs. But this is something I want to learn.

Farmgirls are elegant
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  8:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Vicki
I really love hand quilting. I started quilting the applique quilt in late July I think. I dont work on it every day but most days- and I should be done by mid November. Just in time to pick out a new pattern and start another one.

I love every part of quilting- by the time I finish hand quilting the one I'm working on I am ready to piece something. It's a good variety.

Your stitches will get better and better the longer you quilt.
I sometimes feel like I am working against a clock- not sure why.
Maybe because my eyes are so bad.
Blessings!
Autumn

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  02:07:13 AM  Show Profile
Those postcard quilts were cute, will have to try one later on. Have to get my quilt blocks done for our quilting groups quilt retreat in 2 weeks.....could thing it is easy applique and they do the stiching on their own or I would be in big fat trouble!!!!!! For the year in the quilt group, those that wanted to participate are making a basket quilt block each month of that person's choosing. It is fun, I have to get one of thse done in 2 weeks as well, and me taking medicine that makes me fuzzy brained. Now this is truly an adventure.......lol
Happy quilting ladies

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  8:31:24 PM  Show Profile
CherylWhat have you been sewing? More cute bags?

Anybody else got a project going on?
Don't miss the fat quarter swp Yarnmamma has started-
I can't get away from the big quilt that's nearly finished- it's so hard when you're nearly done. I should be putting the binding on in a week or so. Dh is on vacation so time is not my own.
Also shrimp season- put 90 lbs in the freezer yesterday-that means
Gumbo & creole for our little bit of cold weather.MMM!MMM!

Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  8:35:23 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, I coved two pillows with Halloween fabric and put them on my front porch. I am also, trying to finish a Halloween quilt. Great looking shrimp!
Cheryl

Go to Top of Page

sgrbear724
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Rebecca
Tyrone PA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  03:35:44 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DeepsouthMamma

This is from several years ago-for my grandbaby. I am not very good with color-as you can see.I try to follow patterns that use colors I like so I don't have to choose for myself. It is too expensive to make those mistakes!

This was for a friend- just because. I did a lot of embroidery on the stripping and borders- that is my other love embroidery!

Those are beautiful. I LOVE the embroidery on it! What a fabulous touch!

http:www.zeahrenaissance.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  04:05:15 AM  Show Profile
Tks Rebecca! I enjoyed both of those quilts.

Cheryl- girl you are a decorating genius!
I do a lot of pillows and wool felt with a general fall theme. Havent done any this year-too many things going on I guess.
Fall is my favorite season- I just love the pumpkins,etc and most themes for fall. They really lend themselves to wool felt which I just love!
I really need to do some-maybe next week.
Show us your creations girls-past and present!!!
Blessings
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  3:55:25 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to be so slow to answer your questions about the postcard size quilt I made. I had no pattern and actually it is more the size of a paperback book. I used fusible webbing to attach the little pieces, sandwiched it with batting, quilted it and put on a binding. I know there are books out on making actual postcard quilts that you can send through the mail, but I have not read them.

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein

Edited by - quilt8305 on Oct 03 2007 3:56:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  4:05:13 PM  Show Profile
Here is another link with a downloadable pattern.

http://www.qnm.com/webextras/feature186/

And this is a link to a Fons and Porter download that includes the back of the postcard.

http://www.fonsandporter.com/fp/onlineextras/freedesigndownloads/holidaycards.asp

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein

Edited by - quilt8305 on Oct 03 2007 4:08:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  10:04:14 PM  Show Profile
Nice job on the quilts Rebecca, don't be afraid to pick your own colors thats part of the fun and every quilter has a stash where they keep those ones that didn't end up in the quilt there is always a use. Keep on quilting!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  10:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey there,

Here's some free quilting patterns from Susan Branch and a link to her fabrics..Look at the Big Patches, Small Patches and Susan's Kitchen fabric....too cute...those big patches would make good quilt labels or mini pillows....I just love this ladies books and style! I beleive she lives in Martha's Vineyard.

Patterns
http://www.susanbranch.com/shopping/shop5-07/pattern.cfm

Fabric
http://www.susanbranch.com/shopping/shop5-07/fabric.cfm

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Oct 05 2007 10:52:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  12:09:23 PM  Show Profile

Stephanie-
I love her stuff too! Did you see a few days ,maybe a week ago- she had a picture of her 10 yr journal?
I have been looking for just such a book but so far am coming up empty. It has to be good paper and has to be beautiful and simply must last me around 10 yrs as well!!
It truly is what I call a "life-in General" book.
If ya'll know where to find one let me know.
I think hers had about 300-400 pages(blank) in it.
Tks for the links, also-
Her stuff is so -homey and comfortable for me. I just love it!
Blessings
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  8:53:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Autumn,

No, I didn't see the 10 year journal...how cool is that!! I'd like to have one with that many pages in it too..I'll be on the look out for them

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  11:03:34 PM  Show Profile
A ten year journal would be really cool. Liked that site, boy oh the trouble it could get me into.
Thanks girls.
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  2:25:35 PM  Show Profile
Just want to let you enablers know that I just took a machine quilting class where we made a little table topper, and it was so much fun and went so fast that I signed up for the "advanced" machine quilting class next week and the week after!! We'll be making a full size quilt with sectional machine quilting. It looks very interesting--I can hardly wait!

Kathy T (who needs one more serious hobby like she needs a BIG hole in the head!!)

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  2:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Kathy
How cool! I am really intimidated by a lot of machine work. I do most of my work by hand.
While at the quilt store today one of the ladies was telling me she practiced every day-and quite honestly, it didnt look so great. So I am feeling like I will not have time in this life to learn it if she practices every day and it still looks - well not great.
Grrr. I just need to learn to overcome my fear of the machine!!!
Blessings!
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Enjoyng life in the world of Peachy Hollow

106 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  4:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Everyone's work is lovely! I'm working on a charm quilt right now. I'll post pics when it's done :)

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt n stitch Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page