sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  5:27:03 PM  Show Profile
Jess, that dog is a trip! You are in for some fun now!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  12:18:37 PM  Show Profile
These are pictures of Mary Sorenson's pattern called "Grace & Glory". It will be my next great adventure!!
This is the quilt I am making for my daughter who is getting married in April. NO- it likely will not be finished by then. She will probably get one block at each shower and the finished quilt for Christmas this year. After all- I do have a wedding to do here!
Hang on a sec- having trouble with Photobucket.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  12:25:28 PM  Show Profile
Here we go- I was having trouble staying connected to the site.
This is a close up of ONE block- as you can see from the second picture there are 4 blocks like this.

I have to admit it looks a bit daunting but I think I can do it. The tiny square in a square kinda intimidate me though.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  1:09:32 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, That is a beautiful block. I cant wait to see yours when it is done :)

Cheryl, Farmgirl Sister #48
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  1:25:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, my, my!!! I knew you were a kindred spirit...another detail junkie..LOL That is going to be just awesome.

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  1:30:09 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful Quilts Autumn!! I wish I could squeeze in some time for quilting. I did a little when my girls were babies & I was home with them..
;-) Laura

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  1:58:57 PM  Show Profile
good luck autumn...let us see it when it is done.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  4:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Autumn!! That will be gorgeous!! I want to make one in 4 sections like that, but using my embroidery machine!! I am scared of it, though. Jenny Haskins has the designs I want to use.

I cut my fabric for my churn dash quilt. The colors are kind of wild for me, but I think I will love them. They are on my blog. I am also almost done putting the quilt top together from our winter swap! Will post them another day.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  4:33:37 PM  Show Profile
neat fabrics..cannot wait to see what you come up with
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  08:25:30 AM  Show Profile

I am desperately searching for a book called Enchanted Views by Dilys Fronks, from the UK
I am willing to buy this IF I can find it. If you have it and would like to barter or sell it please contact me. I am looking for it to give to my mom in gratitude for re-making my daughters wedding dress.
I believe the book is out of print.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  1:02:32 PM  Show Profile
Autumn I do not have that one but I looked on amazon.com and they do. Hope that helps you.
Woops out of stock I will email you a couple other places

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Feb 07 2008 1:07:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  4:07:30 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, Did you find the book? I emailed the author in the UK to see if she has a copy but haven't heard from her yet.

Stephanie

"Idealists…foolish enough to throw caution to the winds…have advanced mankind and enriched the world." ~ emma goldman
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  10:49:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi quilters, My name is Karin and I am definitely almost always under the influence of fabric. I just joined the farmgirls a couple of days ago and read something somewhere about quilt block swaps. That sounds like fun...After getting advice from someone on the flet pin swap list I managed to upload some pictures of some of my quilts on Photobucket. It is nice to know I can learn new skills at my age.
Anyway, I am enjoying reading and sampling all the letters and pictures of everyone's quilts. I feel so fortunate to have discovered this site, especially in February (we call it "the Fmonth at my house") when winter really gets a grip on my arthritic bones and brain.
So I expect this must be the right area to look at in hopes of finding block swaps, etc.?
Hope all is well and everyone is warm at yr house, Karin
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hey again Karin, you are in the right place. You sound like us! We enjoy each other's company and share alot of things. My favorite is the fabric too. Check out the quilt block swap...it is Spring colors block. The topic is in Stitching and Crafting...look and you will find it.
We really have alot of fun!

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:02:03 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, I loved looking at your quilts.. amazing. The most quilting I have done up to this point is some simple 9 patch squares for a quilt square exchange I participated in several years in a row- I need to put those squares together. For Christmas I made a flannel quilt for dh simple one and a quilt for my 4 year old- just 1 yard panels sewn together.
Right now I am handsewing a mini patchwork quilt together and 3 other mini quilts- I am handsewing them together then I will quilt them. These 3 were cute from a cutter quilt. I am learning more and more each day.

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Here is Karin's msg that I copied from another topic. Let me know if the link works...
is this ok Karin?, Linda

Ok farmgirls, I think I might have successfully uploaded my pictures of a few of my quilts on Photobucket. This is the address. I think.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r316/electricdunce/?albumview=link

I'll be amazed if this works! Thanks for the information, Karin

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:25:22 AM  Show Profile
hi there Karin..we usually have 1 quilt block swao going on at a time...this round is spring hosted by clare(suzyhomemaker). Last one was winter blocks. I am sure once march 30 rolls around the next one will begin.

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:40:25 AM  Show Profile
Hello again, I couldn't find the quilt block swap anywhere on this topic, my ccomputer skills are why my daughter suggested electricdunce as a good name for me. Can you tell me how to find it? Thanks! Karin I would also be interested in fabric swaps and if someoneneeds some fabric, let me know, I have some I would love to find a home for, I'll NEVER use up my stash and I'd love to add to someone else's. I have to stop reading all these things on here and get to work on my felt pens....
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
We've had fabric swaps before and also charm quilt square swaps. I hosted fat quarter fabric swaps if you are interested in that. Any more ideas?
Have you seen the mini apron topic? It's one of my favorites. Keep looking in Stitch and Craft...it has more than one page so look for a number to go to page 2, etc.

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:51:23 AM  Show Profile
the sign up for western mini aprons is still open!

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  12:51:33 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Karin!!!
So glad you found us!!
You can find any kind of swap imaginable on this site!
These are the most amazing craftswomen I have ever met.
Take your time finding the right swap for you and then jump in with both feet!!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  1:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your words of welcome/ This is an amazing site. And DeepSouth Mama I love your quilt, especially the one with the big flowers you made for a grandchild. I don't have any grandbabies yet. My children tease me when I get little kids' books and make baby quilts. "" A little something for your imaginary grandchildren?" is my daughter's standard question when she spies some treasure I've gotten at a junk store. The wind is really howling here today, Time for me to get stitching...Karin
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  05:56:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Karin!
I have seven grands! And one on the way!!!!
I have most of my squares done for our spring swap! I was afraid to let time get away from me- the wedding is just 2 months away!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  06:20:13 AM  Show Profile

See I have a good start!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  08:08:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey Karin....I saw that you were interested in swaps....I just joined a Spring Fling swap that's going to be tons of fun! We are swapping springtime goodies...I think there is still room for more if you want to sign up with us! Look under the topic " SPRNG FLING SWAP"....if you have trouble finding it, email me and I'll tr to send you a link to it....

Check out my latest projects and all the news from my chaotic little world!

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt n stitch Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page