mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  10:46:48 PM  Show Profile
Boy have they made themselves at home! When I sit at the computer, they climb up my leg, sleep in the sun under the skylights in my studio, and scratch at the door when I put them out. Lucy loves them too, new toys. I caught her dragging one across the patio by the ear, (just playing, but kinda rough) and I hollered at her. She let it go, but it just turned around and went back and rubbed up against Lucy like they were best friends and lovers. They must be some grateful kittens to put up with that crazy pup!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2007 :  12:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad that they are adjusting to life with you so well! It sounds like you have 2 more adoring fans and gratefully kitties are sweet pets :)

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

sheepdream
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Diane
Bloomington Indiana
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2007 :  6:45:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri,
I've always believed that rescued dogs/cats know they are getting a second chance at life. All of my cats and one dog were strays--either they crossed my path or I adopted them from our animal shelter. It's wonderful those cats found you--sounds like it was meant to be for you to have the cats and the cats to have you!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls & looks like work." Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  2:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Our cat Max was a drop off by someone 4 years ago. He is the nicest cat I have ever had. We lived on 3 acres in the middle of a city but had a barn and people would always drop of their extra pets. We always found homes for them but Max we just had to keep after we found him fast a sleep in my husbands helmet.

I too liked Lost and Found for names.

Enjoy your new family members you saved them from maybe being someones dinner or other cruel death.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  10:30:02 PM  Show Profile
I have a kitty story already. Yesterday I went to get some groceries and decided to switch things around and let the doxies stay in the garage and the kitties in the backyard. Our backyard is completely fenced with 6' high solid board fencing, and concrete underneath it, so no escape routes. Now I know kitties can climb, but they ususally sit by the back door when I let them out. Well, long story short, when I got home they were nowhere to be found. I called them and called them and they were not showing up. I was heartsick, but I couldn't find them anywhere. Well, about 1/2 hour later, the doorbell rang and it was a man from across the alley asking if I had two little kitties. They had climbed up the rosebush that comes over the fence, and into the fir trees that line the alley and then down under the trees. I went out to get them and had to crawl under the trees and pluck them out - they weren't coming out on their own. But, they are safe and sound again, and I won't let them out there when I leave again, until I know they are capable of finding their way back over the fence if they go exploring!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  10:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh Sherri! I am so glad your neighbor found them! Those kitties are shaping up to have an adventuresome life!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  08:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
enjoying the stories of the 2 kitties, sounds like they had you all picked out as their new owners. at least one , if not both of them sound like little houdinis.
enjoy, enjoy, sherri, i love my kitties, even when i have tooooooo many.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

sheepdream
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Diane
Bloomington Indiana
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  5:45:07 PM  Show Profile
So Sherri, What did you end up naming your two furry escape artists?

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls & looks like work." Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  6:31:20 PM  Show Profile
They are Charlie and Ashes - but my dh calls her Ashley - go figure!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  11:14:54 PM  Show Profile
I love the kitty adventures, those 2 are going to keep you busy, as if you weren't already!!!!!!lol
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Guess what we found today.. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page