idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  2:24:42 PM  Show Profile
Silly me, the reason for replying was to let everyone know that our town has "free tire day" two weekends a year. This year it is May 3 and May 10. Anyone in the county can take up to 10 tires to our landfill for free. It really helps, and our city maintenance guys will also pick up any amount of brush, limbs, trees, leaves or yard debris and haul it off for free. This program works very well and really helps people who have no truck to haul things off in. You can read more about us in MaryJanes newest issue "Shes a Keeper" which has a beautiful article on our small town (approximately 400 people and no stop lights at all).

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  4:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am trying to take pictures before all these sub divisions destroy the beauty of the farm. There is a little white farm house down the road here and I keep thinking- a little paint, some nice crisp white cotton curtains blowing in the windows, a little outside work and it would be so beautiful. There is a little old couple there and if they weren't putting in a school right behind them (and probably ripping the old house out), I would buy it.

I swear it must be genetic because I can so relate to old farmhouses. I know they can get to be a lot of work but I enjoy a challenge and I think a house knows when it is loved. It stands fast, protecting and providing.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Farms in disrepair Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page