Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  1:37:12 PM  Show Profile
Well.. I've read.. & read.. & read through these posts over the days.. & you all know how I can get.. so rather then say anything at all.. i opted to just keep my big mouth shut.. But.. now that the smoke has cleared.. ok.. i am going to just have to..
i have to say what an admirable woman You are Autumn!!
& i'm So very happy you've found your Way here to the Forum..I think you'll be so happy here.. & EVEN more happy that you made the decision to stay! Because i think in getting to knowing you.. We'll all have benefited as well! Thank you for your honesty, your brave soul.. & your understanding of another persons feelings.. even at the expense of possibly having to accept responsibility & blame for a completely innocent action... I am SO very happy you've stuck it out.. long enough to see what we all are about.. !!
& my only regret is that Linda was here for such a short time.. she never gave herself the chance to see what I hope you ,as well as WE all know here.. Which is true Friendship.. & unfailing earnesty in wanting to reach out to all of our Sister Farm Girls..No matter what the reason..

& most of all.. Hey.. i'm with Rebecca.. You'd have to drag me out of here kicking & screaming!..
I hope you know how much I Love you all.. & hold you so close to me heart every day!
Please don't ever think you have to hold back or sugar coat what you say with me!! I have REALLY thick skin!! & i know I may come across as brash sometimes!! & if I EVER say anything to any one of you that offends.. or did any thing that was just wrong.. TELL ME!!
I am SOOOOOoo ok with that!

Love ya Lots girls!!!!

Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Aug 09 2007 1:38:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  4:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Kathie,
That is a good reminder to us. I love this forum, most of all I love the friendships that form and women need. I am one of those women.
Some of our lives, okay, lets admit it girls, we are all busy and sometimes we don't get the oppurtunity to sit down and chat and have those freindships.
This is a place where I can and where I have connected. My circle of friends is small but this place allows me so much more.
Okay, trying to figure out how to share this and not overstep bounds. Buggers it can be a challenge.
I had a lovely email from Linda, she has forgiven Autumn and said so. Her husband and her took time too pray and search things out about what was best for their family. In the community they live in they do not want to in anyway betray their Amish friends. It has happened to many times to their friends and they want to make sure they do not overstep their bounds. It is a fine line to walk at times.
They have choosen to stay within their community and for them that is wisdom. It doesn't entirely have to do with the forum.
I have read some and for them to have the friendships that they have is miraculous and not wanting to jeoperdise(sp) any of that is understandable.
When she wrote the post she immediatly unsubscribed so hasn't seen any of the posts.
Hope that helps with out stepping out of bounds.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.

Edited by - Carol Sue on Aug 09 2007 4:18:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  4:18:52 PM  Show Profile
EllynAnne,
I met you at Borders when your book came out!! I think I was one of the first ones there. I was kind of hanging out like a stalker till you got there because I had to be someplace else, but I wanted that book----and it was well woth the stalking!!!! I have been here 10 years. I'm from upstate NY. What will you be here for in April? I would love to come and see you.
Merle
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue
A lovely end and wisdom shown by Linda in the community where she lives. I applaud her for taking her friendships and their concerns seriously.
She is indeed being a good neighbor-as we all should be.
I wish you could express to her my admiration for her diligence to her Amish neighbors.
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  9:49:22 PM  Show Profile
Some truly awesome things have been said here, inspiring thoughts on what it means to be a good friend and neighbor. It's great to be part of something so wonderful. I'm still somewhat new to the forum and so don't know many of you, but it's comforting to know that since we all make mistakes, we have such a strong support group.

Vicki

who says Farmgirls aren't elegant
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  2:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Well, this has been a thought-provoking posting, to say the least.
I am saddened to have lost one of our farmgirls, but so proud to see so many others step up with such wise, kind and caring comments. My very best goes out to Linda and her family; and hugs to you; Autumn, who showed grace under fire, and who did absolutely the right and only thing you could do when faced with this situation.

We do indeed, move too quickly through this modern world, and the World Wide Web brings us face-to-face with all sorts of wonderful and unexpected situations. I supposed the tactful thing now is to move on, and keep this lesson learned in our hearts and minds.

I hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday today. The weather here in Virginia has take a turn for the better, it has been a gorgeous day today.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  4:00:11 PM  Show Profile
When Kathie wrote about how she'd leave here kicking and screaming and how much she loves each of us farmgirls, it made my eyes water! So now girl, everyone lean into your monitors for a big ol' cyber group hug! Farmgirls are the best!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  6:31:43 PM  Show Profile
My cybergroup hug to everyone

(((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))

It's nice to be loved and remembered and this group is such a safe haven!

Loads of Love and Hugs to everyone!

...til next time ~ queenofdreamsz

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  10:41:09 PM  Show Profile
I felt that hug and sure needed it tonight. Thanks.....

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Withdrawing From the Forum Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page