True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  12:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Girls,
Thank you for offering your forgiveness- it means a lot.
I would like to stay on the forum- and have learned a valuable lesson.
I feel we would all lose if Linda decides to leave but I also understand that being hurt takes time to get over. As Diane mentioned I was just happy with a lovely snapshot and shared it anonomously- that's as far as I thought about it. it's a local website and was off as soon as Linda emailed me. I also erased her pictures from all areas of my computer as an extra measure of repentance. She had some wonderful amish buggies and such and those are my "happy thoughts"(the amish pastoral scenes)
Please pray that this would not offend Linda further-
I think she probably has a forgiving heart and I am willing to let it rest , so as not to overly tax her about the injury.
Thanks for being understanding,
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Edited by - DeepsouthMamma on Aug 07 2007 1:01:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  1:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
In my 44 years, this I do know.... As familes we always have to operate in a certain amount of Grace with each other...........I hope that the measure of a person isnt based on the mistakes, but the way we handle them as well as the amount of Grace we can extend to those that "will" offend.. knowingly or un-knowingly......I would think that none of us have so many friends that we cannot except another..... flaws and all.................Linda, I am so so sorry for your hurt, but please dont leave the forum, it doesnt serve you to do so.. just take what you have learned (and taught) and move forward......Autumn.......thanks for owning it, and fixing it - WOW!!! good for you. I hope you both stay, there is still so much we can all learn from each other.....

Rene'~Farm Girl
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure......"
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  5:44:15 PM  Show Profile
Linda, thank you for sharing your hurt and I am asking that you not leave. If you need time, let us know, but give us all a chance to learn from you. Thank you for reminding me that things here should stay here. Especially from the Amish that do not allow pictures to be taken. Understand please that lots and lots of people don't understand that and you can teach us some things that we need to know.
I personally would have not known that without some of the reading I have done over the years. I as one farmgirl am asking that you give us all a chance.
Amanda, thank you for feesin up to your mistake and for doing all that you did, it takes guts to be honest and truthful when we make a mistake. I thank you for reminding me of those things.
Both of you would be sorely missed, and both of your perspectives are needed here.
You have both taught us a vauluable lesson and I personally hope you continue to do so. If time is needed, let us know, and we will be standing by waiting for you.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  5:50:33 PM  Show Profile
Keep checking in hoping Linda has responded. Her silence is deafening . . . is she still upset, will she choose to forgive and move on . . .

Please let us know what you are feeling Linda. We just want to see healing. I know Autumn meant no harm and is truly sorry. I think hearing from you now would be so great. She needs know her humble apology has been accepted. I think in silence it is easy to read more into things than may be here. Please respond. Thanks!

With prayers of healing and restoration . . .

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  6:19:27 PM  Show Profile
Someone would really have to seriously offend me to the very core in order to get me to leave the MJ FG forum. I love it here!!!!!

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  6:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
She may have posted this and instantly left and not subscribed to it so she may not even know you all are writing this. i hope she does and stayes

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  6:45:17 PM  Show Profile
This is a lesson to all of we farmgirls here. If you do not want a photo shared or posted when sending to a friend....please be a friend and tell the recipient to please not share it or post it online or use it in any way. That the photos are for their eyes only. I know that everyone here would gladly oblige.

Linda, I hope you are reading all of this because there is a friend of yours here who's heart is truly breaking over causing you distress through an innocent act. Forgive and forget is a wonderful gift to give to one another, especially when there is genuine repentance.

Autumn, You have nothing to feel bad about with your innocent and repentant and rectified act. You have done everything you could to make amends....please don't leave. The farmgirls here are so loving and quick to forgive and you do have a good heart! They love and forgive and give of their hearts and hands to so many! Many of us have been the recipients of such kind acts of love that it has brought me to tears many times.....

Linda, please don't leave...but that is up to you and what you feel in your heart too.

Just my two cents,
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  7:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh my! I am so sorry to read this yet am touched by the kindness and love shown by so many here! This is the greatest farm ever!! I do so hope that this is resolved sweetly, I am always so sad when things like this happen, but they do happen in life. "It's not what happens, but what you do with it" I always say...so am hoping good things are done with this. Hugz to all especially those who are sad and hurting!
Loving Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  8:40:58 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Aunt George . . . there is a "shared responsibility" if Autumn was not instructed not to post the pics. I know I had no idea about Amish not having their photos taken . . . I have certainly seen a lot in Country Living over the years, so I find that a bit puzzling. I could easily see myself making a similar mistake. Not to be offensive, but simply because if I found the picture touching I would want to share it. In a way, Autumn was paying a compliment, feeling the pic was worth passing on. Such a simple error should be so very easy to forgive and move past.

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  9:42:24 PM  Show Profile
As we are all individuals, and we feel strongly about diffrent things, it is only natural that we may offend someone from time to time. I think you are both immensley brave to wear your hurts out in the open. And I hope it can be resolved soon. Who knows, this may even strengthen the friendship between the both of you, as your relationship takes on deeper understanding of one another.

Friends are the best collectables.

Edited by - Shirlaroo on Aug 07 2007 9:47:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  12:50:16 AM  Show Profile
Hey there Linda,

If you have goodness in your heart, then please choose to move forward. Don't get stuck in any wrong doing or negative act. It will only stay within you and bury itself to surface later and cause you more anguish.

Farmgirl Connection is one of the safest harbors you will find on the internet. The girls are straightforward, honest, kind, supportive, nurturing, encouraging..what more can I say?

I've been in many groups on the internet and they all for the most part have a certain "coolness" about them but FG Connection broke the mold. It is because these ladies really connect with one another and really care about the lives of one another.

You have a choice to be positive or to be negative at any given moment...Please choose to see the positive outcome and stay with us

There really wasn't any malice or disrespect intended

...til next time ~ queenofdreamsz

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  06:53:29 AM  Show Profile
I checked the member list and I think she's already withdrawn.

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Edited by - therusticcottage on Aug 08 2007 06:54:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  07:04:39 AM  Show Profile
I am very sorry ladies.
Time for me to move on to brighter topics now.
See you soon in other threads.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  07:12:35 AM  Show Profile
What a shame. I mean, what a shame that Linda didn't stick around to see problem solving at its best--we farmgirls sure know how to mediate! We all get our knickers in a twist at times, and I'm just sorry that Autumn still feels punished. This IS a safeplace for us to be who we are, and since we are all individuals, there's bound to be differences of opinion, and innocent mistakes made. Thank God for that, right?

Forgive, forget. Can't move on until you do.

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  07:16:13 AM  Show Profile
Not trying to be judgmental here, but seems like we have a choice to either learn from a situation such as this or dwell on the negative. I hope Linda chooses to be "better" not "bitter" as the saying goes, and joins us again. That's just my opinion AND I'm proud of Autumn for coming forward. I know that must have been tough. Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  10:42:26 AM  Show Profile
I was saddened to see that feelings had been hurt and 2 wonderful women are thinking of leaving us. I can't add more to the wonderful things that have been written, but I truly beleive that Autumn acted in innocence. From our e-mail back and forth, she is truly a wonderful woman with a kind spirit.

As all of you have stated, I have learned a lesson...I don't know how to post pictures,however, I will be extra careful if I ever learn

Again, both of you, please takes deep breaths and stay with us. We need each person on this site so that we can stand together in a world that needs woman such as we are.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  10:51:08 AM  Show Profile
pictures belong to the person who took them as copy righted material. unless you have express permission to use a photo then you are in the wrong. you can get some photos from the net that are free or royalty free but even then you have to be careful. i think that when the pics where removed right away went a long way to correct what was done and the apology too. I hope we can all learn what is a copy right and move on with care and trust.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  8:45:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry that this happened and that the former farmgirl who was upset didn't stick around long enough to work through this. I've found, though, in recent weeks that some people don't really want an apology or an explanation. They simply want to chew you out, feel self-righteous about how wronged they are, and nothing you can say or do will make amends. It's unfortunate and sad. Perhaps that wasn't the case here, but we'll never know. I know how you feel, though, because I've been there and know how bad you feel.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  07:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I have a few thoughts on this whole thing. First I believe Autumn when she says she meant no harm and never thought that it would offend or hurt anyone. I think she did the right thing by apologizing and removing the items in question immediately. On the otherhand, as this was Linda's first time on a forum, her reaction was to simply remove herself from it and that too I understand. I hope as time moves on she will realize what caring and amazing women are here and that we are all human and do make mistakes and that she will return to us. I told her that we are still her farmgirl friends and are here whenever she wishes to return.

blessings
beth

I Can

http://blissnblossomfarm.com
http://lifeatbnbfarm.blogspot.com

www.firehousesoapcompany.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  07:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I have talked to linda too she thought this decision out and decided it best for her and her family to withdraw she discussed it with them and we should be content with her decision as it fits her life and she is the one that has to live in that life. I wish her well in life in all her choices May God bless her and her family with much joy and happiness.

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 09 2007 07:48:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  08:55:47 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine
Thanks so much for sharing that info. I completely understand her decision- it can be frightening to feel so violated in such unfamiliar territory. Especially when you can not see a face and you really don't know the real people.
PLEASE express this to Linda for me- as I do not want to further insult her by contacting her.
I just hate that I was the cause of obvious hurt by my own ignorance of the territory.
I am learning but sorry it was at the expense of another. I agree we need to respect her wishes to withdraw and let it be.
Tks so much ,Sunshine. I am so happy she communicated this to you and you shared it with the rest of us.
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  09:02:25 AM  Show Profile
Wow...I am so, well, wow is all I can say. I mean I have seen pics of my stuff on others websites, and been tickled that someone actually did that, and never thought it offensive. I just figure that is what happens with digital media. Sorry this caused a conflict between you two. Glad to see it resolved, and I am sorry this became an issue. wow!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  09:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
autumn when i talked to her I did let her know you had apologized and that the pictures where removed just so you know that was my last email to her have not heard back on that one so I think she knows you apologized but not sure.
take care
sunshine

Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  09:33:07 AM  Show Profile
I have to say Autumn; I think you have handled this with a great deal of class. In fact, I think every reply was more than tactful and kind. It is a pleasure to deal with woman of this caliber. I am glad to count you all among my friends.
Go to Top of Page

EllynAnne
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

EllynAnne
Pueblo CO
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  10:01:11 AM  Show Profile

Merle, hey! I'm from Greensboro! I'll be visiting next April for an apron presentation. How long have you been a resident?

EllynAnne
www.apronmemories.com

Tie One On...an apron, of course!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Withdrawing From the Forum Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page