Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Linda
Dunnville Kentucky
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  08:06:20 AM  Show Profile
Dear Farm Girls,
I am withdrawing from the Farm Girl Forum as of today. Unfortunately someone I met through this forum has taken it upon her self to post a picture of our Amish friends buggy leaving our farm on their personal web site. She did not ask nor tell me when we shared pictures that she would be using "MY" pictures for her website. I know that not everyone would do this but I am so shocked and disappointed. I do not want anyone else to copy something I may write or share on the forum. For me this is a sad "Life Lesson".

Justmama from Amish Kentucky

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  08:13:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh Linda, I am so sorry. I am sure it was some big misunderdtanding, at least I hope so. I am sorry to see you go. Maybe after a time you will reconsider. I will miss your posts if you go.
Take care
Merle
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  08:16:50 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry Linda. We will miss you.

http://diaryofafarmerswife.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  08:17:41 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I too am sorry to hear this--have you contacted her to ask her to take the picture off her website? Maybe she didn't think it would be an issue and she'll take it down if you ask. I hate to see anyone feel that they've been taken advantage of on the list. I hope you talk to her and you work it out so you can stay.

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  08:19:46 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm sorry this happened, and perhaps Merle is right--could this be a misunderstanding? It's often difficult to really "communicate" and have ourselves heard through writing, but if you haven't already given this person the benefit of your concerns and assume that this was on purpose, I wouldn't deny yourself the pleasure of these forums. We are ALL, afterall, capable of stepping on each others toes at times, and hopefully, someone will (tactfully) speak up about it when they feel pressed.

Please do reconsider, and if not, I hope you find happiness elsewhere.

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  08:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Linda I am sorry to see you go. It was nice getting to know you through the yoyo swap if you don't want to do it I understand. But if you do still let me know and I can email you privately if you so choose. so I can keep in contact with you. I am sorry your picture was used with out your permission. That has happened to mine before luckily so far evey one that I have seen use them has attributed them to me and linked back to me so it didn't bother me. I know if that had not happened I would be bothered a lot too. Please take care and Know you will be missed. I hope your wasp sting is doing much better too.
Take care and may God bless you and yours forever
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 07 2007 08:29:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  08:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I hate to lose a Kentucky farmgirl from this forum, Linda. I am sorry you have been hurt here.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  08:49:00 AM  Show Profile
While she should have asked your permission Linda, perhaps it wasn't her intention to do you wrong. Could just maybe it have been meant as a compliment because she thought your farm was really nice and the picture in question really pretty?
Please stay and clear the uncertainly with her. I truly don't believe anyone on this forum would intentionally "steal" your picture nor have any wrong intentions.
Farmgirl hugs,
Diane
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  08:54:37 AM  Show Profile
This was a thoughtless oversight on MY part for which I am deeply sorry. The picture had no people or faces so it didnt occur to me -Just stupid of me. No excuse.
I am sorry for causing a farmgirl to be upset and I have learned a difficult "online" lesson today.
I would ask each of you to forgive me as I have asked Justmamma. I erased PERMANENTLY both pictures she sent me and will NOT be so careless in the future.
SO VERY Sorry girls :(
Autumn

Perhaps I should withdraw so that the offense will not linger or threaten another-

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:05:53 AM  Show Profile
I would hate to see either of you ladies leave the forum. Autumn, you made a mistake and you fixed it as soon as you discovered you had erred. Linda, you are hurt and upset that this happened, and I can understand that.

I hope that both of you can work this out so that nobody feels they must leave. Both of you are an important part of this group and you'd be missed in so many ways. Please stay!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:08:29 AM  Show Profile
Well, I for one, hope that you will both stay on the forum. We all have so much we can teach and learn together. "Least said, soonest mended", as the Laura Ingalls Wilder book says. Have a great day, everybody! Nance
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:19:08 AM  Show Profile
I hope you both will stay. We can all learn so much from each other. Including from our mistakes. Take care both

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:22:51 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Patti! Everyone makes mistakes, so I hope you both stay.

Lets kiss, make up & have a group hug!! xoxoxo

kathy

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:29:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls- but I can understand my new friend's hurt- I'm just so sorry I did something so thoughtless.
So much info available and we move so fast now days that a common courtesy was overlooked.
Sorry to have lost a friendship - thanks for the input about whether I should leave- I will pray about it. Meanwhile I have learned something today.
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:34:00 AM  Show Profile
It sounds like it was a misunderstanding. I can see being upset, but I really don't think anyone intentionally tried to hurt anyone. The photo was withdrawn, so I hope you both stay. I'm sure that if anything bothered anyone, we can vent about it (nicely) and we can try come to an understanding.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:35:27 AM  Show Profile
I am always so impressed when I see conflicts like this being talked about and solved in such a kind way. I have worked before for years as a professional mediator, and it is a rare and beautiful thing to see adults willingly address a problem instead of letting it silently grow. It would break my farmgirl heart to see either of you leave the forum over what appears to be a genuine misunderstanding. Please stay - both of you. I have learned from you BOTH today, and it would be a loss to the farmgirl community to have either of you leave!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:41:07 AM  Show Profile
A simple misunderstanding. It is obvious no ill was meant and that Autumn is very sorry. I think pulling out would to me look like a sign of unforgiveness, which is certainly not a trait any of us farmgirls want. I understand you are upset, Linda, but I think taking the high road, offering forgiveness and moving ahead is for the best. We would hate to see anyone leave over a simple misundertanding. I could see how any of us could have easily done what Autumn did without meaning any offense. Please just kiss and make-up. The world is full of intentional mis-doings that we don't need to waste our time on accidental mistakes. Hugs and blessings to you both.

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:02:36 AM  Show Profile
In a completely different group I made a "cute" comment that was taken the wrong way. The person I made the comment to took huge offense, sent a big e-mail to the group saying how I had publicly insulted her, going on at great length. When I read that I was just horrified! Within an hour of her sending that e-mail to the group I sent another one publicly apologizing to her and to everyone on the group for making the comment. I in no way meant to insult her or cause any problems. I was just making a cute/jokey comment that had been made by other participants in the group before, but she didn't see it that way.

Anyway, I sent the public apology to the group, and I sent another private one to her. It's been over a week and I haven't heard anything from her. I feel so bad to have made her so upset, but I don't know what more I could do than to publicly and privately apologize to her.

So, this is my long-winded way of saying that I hope you will both forgive, forget and stay right here with no bad feelings on either side. Communication misunderstandings happen, and I truly believe they happen more frequently in a forum such as the internet where you can't always communicate as effectively as if you were really sitting down across the table over a cup of coffee.

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:13:37 AM  Show Profile
Linda & Autumn, please reconsider leaving. Both of you are very valuable to the forum, both as individuals and with your insight and advice. I will say I agree with Anne. This was really handled by both of you very well -- which means, you've both set a great example for the rest of us! Please stay with us, ladies. We'll miss you if you go!
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:47:41 AM  Show Profile
Big hug gals. I think people haven't had thousands of years to work out computer related ettiquete the way we have with face-to-face interactions. I know my mom never mentioned that capital letters are considered shouting, etc. We're all learning so much as we go. 85% of communication is non-verbal, and that is missing when we type. Big margin for error there. I certainly hope you both continue to feel welcome here and can look at this as an opportunity for all of us to learn and be better with each other. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  11:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It makes me sad whenever a farmgirl feels like she has to leave the forum.

Autumn- Thank you for owning up to your mistake and doing all you could to recitfy the situation.

It is easy to get carried away and make mistakes when you are happy or excited about something. I know I have done that before. The only thing we can do is to do our best and try to set things to rights.

I love all my farmgirl friends and I would hate to see either of you go. Please allow your feelings to heal before deciding to leave us. I feel like I would be losing touch with two kindred spirits.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  11:15:54 AM  Show Profile
I believe with all my heart that this was a complete misunderstanding. Sometimes we all get so excited to share beautiful pictures that we forget to ask permission. Autumn, thank you for your public apology. That speaks volumes about your character and integrity. Linda, please don't leave us. Take a few days to think it over. We are all just getting to know you and would hate to see you leave.

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Edited by - therusticcottage on Aug 07 2007 12:46:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  11:47:55 AM  Show Profile
I have learned a lesson too Libbie. I can't say I wouldn't have taken a nice pic that someone sent me, if I thought it was really pretty, and put it on my website just to share it with others. Yikes!
Di
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  12:17:12 PM  Show Profile
I hope you will both stay too. How sad if our group loses any of our farmgirls over a misunderstanding!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  12:31:10 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Libbie and the rest of the girls. I also want both of you to stay. I so enjoy your posts and pictures. And coming from a pastor's point of view, I would remind you that an offense is not forgiven until it is released. And if you start carrying around these burdens eventually you find that you see burdens everywhere. That's what "forgive and forget" really means.

Besides, it was an innocent mistake. Who hasn't made innocent mistakes and wouldn't you want to be "forgiven" for them?

farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  12:58:49 PM  Show Profile
I do hope you both stay!

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Withdrawing From the Forum Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page