emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  7:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi my name is Angie and yes, I am a recovering- craft-aholic. I go in spurts based on gift needs or projects at any given time. Tole painting, sewing, computer art and design, photoshop art, knitting, crocheting, lamp shades, garden projects, wood crafts, beading, jewelry, cross stitch, making cards, paper art, flower arranging, etc. etc. etc. I threw out a ton of stuff several years ago when I joined the fire department, but now, I have begun seeing the affects of lack of storage again. Oh - maybe I have fallen off the wagon and not admitted it to myself.

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  7:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Ladies you are all giving me a great laugh at all of this. I have never fallen of the wagon I have never been on it. I have been making things since before I can remember and it is all my Vovas fault and I am greatful to her for it. Have fun ladies a craftaholic for ever and so are my kids. Poor poor husband is out numbered but then he has his vises of tools and computers

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Jul 03 2007 7:36:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  11:17:30 PM  Show Profile
My name is Kay and I'm a craftaholic too. If it's anything with fabric, glitter, glue, or buttons, I'm hooked. And then there's the soapmaking supplies that have taken over the bottom of my pantry, the cabinet above the washer and dryer, and the big cabinet in the hall. I keep making soap and more soap. I sell some but also give it away too. What family as small as mine needs 6 or 7 dozen bars of soap? But at least we're clean! My newest addiction is embroidery. I go down the aisle where there's floss and get chills up and down my spine. Not to mention the online orders for patterns! But I don't want to be cured! I like my addictions and hope to remain this way forever.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  01:36:01 AM  Show Profile
Speaking of stitching, I am in stiches laughing. Oh your girls........LOL giggle giggle giggle

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  11:03:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh "E",
U-R-2 cleaver!!!!! I think I will sign up under each of my kitties names,,,,
Miss Beasley, Celeste (Cissygirl) Dolly & Peekaboo, I will have to come up with people names for the Dolly & Peekie.....oh & yep, I'll use DH too!!!!!!
What a great idea......

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  1:07:31 PM  Show Profile
My name is Janet and I am a craftaholic. I gave up my bedroom and was sleeping on a love seat so I could have a sewing room. I would rather spend money on fabric than food and worse I love to buy craft books.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  1:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi, my name is Sue, and I admit it, I"m a craftaholic from way back, but it's gotten so bad in the last few years that we have put the house on the market so we can find a bigger place so I can have a craft room! My latest addiction is scrapbooking and using the elements to make all sorts of other neat things! No 12 step program for me, it won't work ever!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  1:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Grace..Dolly is good enough for Dolly Parton and no doubt she's a people. Picabo Street was/is a fantastic skier, maybe she's living at your house now too.
Does hoarding tons of fabric and other sewing/quilting stuff get me into this "don't want to recover" society? My spouse said I was obsessive compulsive with buying and asked where he learned that term. Said Dr.Phil and I know he never watches that show. And he'd heard it on Law and Order or one of those programs. I finally figured out he meant hoarding, just had his disorders mixed up a bit. He has no clue what all I have and never will. I don't mess with his tools or his shop, he doesn't mess with my kitchen or sewing room. But he still growls often. Vintage Textiles and buttons are probably my biggest stashes.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  6:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ronna- HEHE- Yes! Welcome to the "I'm a Craftaholic and I don't want to Recover" group! LOL

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  8:07:08 PM  Show Profile
OOOOhhhhh, vintage buttons maybe someday I will get to have a few.....

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  9:18:16 PM  Show Profile
I dont think this is the "I dont want to recover group" but the best way to maintain, where we can learn with the wisdom of the group.

This week I learned though the wisdom of the group to ask for help. By asking all of my neighbors if I can get the Joanns, & Hobby lobby flyer from their sunday paper.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  11:37:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!
My name is Cheryl and yes I am a craftaholic. I knew I was in trouble when I could not wait for my son to move out so I could have his room. He was moving his things out as I was moving my things in!

I have tried to keep my husband in the dark on how much craft stuff I have and was doing a pretty good job at it. Then one day he happened to be home during the week and the UPS guy stopped by, well I live in a small town and my house is off the street. My husband decided to go out and get the packages from the nice UPS guy and asked him if he had a hard time finding our house. Well the UPS guy (who is obviously not married) said are you kidding........the truck drives to your house on its own. Well you can guess that our dinner conversation was lively that night!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  12:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh No Cheryl! LOL! I can just imagine!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  12:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
to funny I use to worry about all that stuff now my husband is fine with it all and it isn't a problem any more I just have to watch what I spend as we still don't have income.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  12:36:27 PM  Show Profile
This craft-nut is off the wall today... I have been making doll aprons all morning, well almost all day and the one I did first has disappeared, it was there and now its gone... I having been running around for 1/2 hour trying to find it and nothing.....I think I need a break.....Best get a cup of Tea and relax......

How are all you Craftaholics doing today? better than me I hope....

Margie

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  1:01:52 PM  Show Profile
I guess I would consider myself a craft-a-holic. I love to do them though I'm not creative enough on my own to come up with an original. I seem to get most crafty on the holidays. I like to crochet. That I can seem to finish, although I wouldn't say I am strong in that yet. Most of my craft projects end up 1/2 done in my craft closet... or as my DH likes to call it the crap closet. I like scrapbooking things & have a bit of supplies, but never sure where to start. I have a sewing machine that I have not done more than sew #'s on my DH hockey jersey & hem his pants. I would love to learn a lot more about sewing things.. .totes, quilts, & other fun things. I guess maybe I need to find the thread on mentoring & see if I can learn something new. There is plenty of help on this site for sure. Now if I could learn to stop time for a little bit to get some done. DH doesnt mind all the stuff... but hopes I will finish a few things someday. Some stuff I have had has gone out of style!

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  2:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Just wait a bit ti will come back in.......

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  12:14:11 AM  Show Profile
they call it "Retro", "vintage" & expensive!!!!!!hahaha!. So you are probablly sitting on a gold mine of unfinished craft projects!!!! hee hee hee....

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  07:35:45 AM  Show Profile
I would tip my hat to you gals, but I am too cracked up at the moment! Ya'll are a hoot. Love the "crap closet", UPS trucks on auto pilot to frequent stops, giving up your own bedroom for craft space (now that is true love or addiction, you be the judge), and the if it doesn't move or resist, craft with it mentality! My husband just shakes his head now, or does the eye roll, whenever I bend down and pick up an acorn or scream "stop the car" on a mountain road so I can hop out and forage some branches full of luscious lichens!! Hopefully I can learn alot from you guys, ya'll are light years ahead of me! Craft on, mommas! Nance

P.S. Don't forget that some craft store chains have online coupons you can print off!!!
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  09:58:00 AM  Show Profile
The UPS driver is at our house so often that the dogs recognize the sound of his truck and wait at the door for him. My crap closet became a crap room a few years ago and there is no hope of it ever ever being just a room again. I love it this way :-)
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:12:34 AM  Show Profile
You all are toooooo much. You're cracking me up. Here I thought I was being good taking my bedroom back after years of it being a craft "corner" that spilled over. Now the corner of the living room is mine and my daughter is always asking. "Don't you notice how we always have to move some project to be able to sit and watch a movie"?
Fortunately we are finishing up a family room for their things so I won't have t worry how far the craft stuff goes as long as I can contain it to one room.
Margie~
Did you find your first apron yet? I'm sure it will turn up.
Probably will show up right after your break.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4195 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4195 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  4:53:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh this is way too funny--how do I know this??? Because I to am a certified craftaholic. I have done so many things, if I tried to list them, I would forget many. I love knowing that I am not alone, with this "vice". :) My mom taught my sisters and myself alot of the crafting things. Though for us, it was not affordable to buy it, so we HAD to make it if we wanted it. My mom learned the same way from her mom, and so on down the line. On a sad note, I had to give up my craft room, for my dh office area. His computer was in the bedroom, and boy that did not work. So we switched, and the bedroom is just a little messy, with projects and tools of the trade. Also I have projects in one corner of the living room. Michele
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  7:44:58 PM  Show Profile
My crafting helps calm me down in the midst of stress...and I guess it has some bad points, but mostly it is therapeutic. So I guess I won't call it "aholic" ;-)...perhaps craft-o-phile? ;-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh Janet -- you're my kind of gal! You're a true craftaholic if you give up your bedroom! I agree that fabric and craft books go hand in hand. My addiction to craft books is almost as bad as my one to fabric. I have binders full of pages I've torn from craft magazines, neatly filed under categories in 3 ring binders. Then every year or so I sit down and look through the binders. All the while I'm saying "Oh yeah -- I was going to make such and such from that pattern or article." Then the binder goes back on the shelf for another year! But I have good intentions.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://www.therusticcottage.net

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Edited by - therusticcottage on Jul 08 2007 11:02:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  9:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Kay I am the same way. I am always taking stuff from mags. My DH says "you will never make that" He is pretty much right, but I like to think some day I might. I go through mine too & filter out what I know I won't & then put them away until next time.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Edited by - FarmGirl~K on Jul 07 2007 10:21:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Craftaholics Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page