True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  1:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hello All-

I hereby call to order the first ever meeting of the Craftaholics!

First order is to introduce ourselves.

My name is Alee- and I am a craftaholic. I first realized I as a craftaholic when my crafting could no longer be hidden in one room. I now have six large crafting projects in various stages of completion, and we just won't count the little craft projects.

I notice my crafting addiction get worse around holidays, birthdays and the summer. Oh yes, and winter, spring and fall too. :)

Please join me in confessing our Craftaholic nature. Together we can support each other- and craft together! LOL

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  1:20:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello Alee. My name is Sherri and I too am a craftaholic. I knew it was bad when we bought the house we're in now, mainly because it has two rooms with good light that I can dedicate to crafting and sewing. Now, that's bad.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  1:39:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello. My name is Maryjane Lee and I am finally admitting I am a craftaholic! I have had this disease since I was a little girl making mud pies in the front yard. It started when I would watch my Grandmothers garden, sew, crochet, embroider and bake. I wanted to be just like them! I think it is hereditary on both sides of my family.

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  1:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello my name is Julie and I am a craftaholic. I craft all the time and all different things from fabric to painting to making stuff with things I find in the woods. Sometimes I stay up all night crafting. Sometimes I dream I am crafting. Oh yeah I also teach art so I basically get paid to be CRAFTY!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  1:57:14 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My name is Kathy and I too am a craftaholic! It is getting worse too. I have enough projects both started and not to keep me busy for the next 30 years and yet I don't want to part with any of them. We moved in November and I purged but have since replaced all that I got rid of.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  2:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Just for laughs I thought I would confess some of my craft adventures; Embroidery of all kinds, tole painting, fabric painting, macrame, beading, decoupage, paper tole, sewing, quilting, wood burning. I am sure that there is more that I am forgetting but isn't it scary enough?
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  2:22:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello Alee,

My Name is E- and I am a craftaholic. My addiction has taken over the house except for the kids room, our bedroom and the Kitchen and bathroom (Had a soap kitchen built in the basement). I recently moved my sewing machine from the sewing room/ library to the living room so I can watch the kids while I sew. I have mountains of fabric, many many unfinished projects.... and it seems as I finish one, I add 2 or more. I also feel that I need to buy everything since I dont want to stifle my creativity by not having enough of the correct supplies. The only way I think I will ever catch up on all my projects is if we get snowed in for a month or more.... and Joanns and Hobby Lobby are closed since I have a 4WD SUV.
The gross morbid excessive supply buying started when we thought and had factored in me being on bed rest with Henry's pregnancy. I can not kick the habit. Unfinished projects are too numerous to list

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  2:47:14 PM  Show Profile
My name is teresa and i am a craft-a-holic it all began in kindergarten with our mothers day project and in third grade i made my own bear and made it clothes without a pattern and has exploded all over my poor wittle house. i am determined to finish all the started projects
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  3:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello....My name is Linda and I too am a craft-a-holic. My DH cringes everytime I come home with something else. I wish I could stop...at least until I used up what I already have. I can not move in my sewing room. I have no idea where anything is even after I re-organized. Yes. I reorganized! It is really frustating. Right now my sewing table is in the middle of my kitchen and it is covered with historic material that I am organizing for the library. Is there any help for me?

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  3:08:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello my name is Carol Sue. I am a craft-aholic. As I am sitting here in my small sewing room surrounded by all those projects, over 20 quilts in progress, they make me smile, the silver silver ware partly done for windchimes, the minis in progress, thinking even as I am writing this of what I shall do for mail art. It isn't a disease it is a wonderful creative state of mind. Does this mean I am in denial? Never!!!!!! It can explode inside and out, like those bricks that still need finished around the flower beds, oh how those creative ideas explode, laying in bed at night going, oh my that would work..... and we wonder why I don't sleep at night. Oh the fun, fun, fun.......

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  3:24:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You ladies have me laughing! This is great!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  6:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Hello, I am Corrine and I too am a craft-a-holic. My disorder is so bad that I will buy other peoples unfinished projects at thrift stores and yard sales. Of course, I never get around to finishing them, but do give them a nice home in my sewing room. They will be well cared for until I die and my children give away all my unfinished crafts. I am disfunctional in multiple areas including fabric hording, OCD glue disorder (I purchase every new and nifty glue available), paint psychosis, and reoccuring dreams of crafts past present and future.

http://glitteringgoat.blogspot.com/

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  6:53:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello, my name is Kathy and I'm a Craftaholic. I've heard the first step toward healing is admitting that you are a craftaholic. My problem is that I admitted this years and years ago, but I don't really want to change, so I continue to be just what I am--a craftaholic. I do believe I would need a U-haul (and we're talking a big truck, not one of those little trailers) to move all of my crafts. I hang my head in shame. My younger daughter, the psychology major says there is a name for this disorder. I just tell her I don't want to hear it!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  8:52:06 PM  Show Profile
ROFLOL. Oh my goodness girls, we do have the disease...... and what a bunch of great descriptions for it.

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  9:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I too am a craftaholic...my name is Jessica, and I suffer from this disorder, and so does my family, and I am training all my little children to be craftaholics with me...a commune of sorts. I craft...everything...wood metal fabric, fiber, organic matter, if it is tangible it can be crafted, and if it a surface, it can be crafted upon...and to actually finish a project would be amazing!! My sisters suffer also...both of them...and then we give it away...we are a community of craftaholics, consuming our entire existances with crafts and various materials that might be neccessary at some point, because why would you not want something that you may need later...NEED!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jess
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  9:59:54 PM  Show Profile
My name is Jenny, and yep..I am a craftaholic too! I like to do it all, and seem to go in phases, I will be all hot on knitting and all my OTHER projects wait, until I am hot on rug hooking again, or quilting, embroidery or sewing, dollmaking, crochet,spinning, beadwork, weaving or needlepoint. I am training my girls to be the same. I am sure I could get by without buying any more craft supplies (besides maybe quilt batting and thread) for years..will I? NOPE. I can't resist those fat quarters, skeins of perfect floss, craft books,tools, and we won't even talk about yarn!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  11:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Hello, fellow crafters, my name is Grace, I am a craft-aholic..... it all began when I was about 11 years old,,, I am so embarressed to admit this but, I took my daddy's "chomis cloth", cut it up and made a coat for my Barbie,,,Barbie looked stunning in her new soft suede coat but daddy was ready to hang me by my toes....but, I continued on, I tried to stop cold turkey, but must confess I failed. I was pretty good at hiding my addiction from my husband, for awhile anyways but he found me out....I have been know to lurk in neighbors recycle bins in hopes of scoring a discarded 40% off craft coupon. I've even gone begging on the streets for coupons...
Is there any help for me? I want to be able to walk by a craft store and not get the shakes.... won't somebody please help me???... Oh wait, I think I read some where that "the one who dies with the most craft supplies wins!" wahooo! I am a winner!!!! LOL!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  12:43:14 AM  Show Profile
yes, let us not hang our heads, but raise thm up high!!!!!!! People who do not craft are missing something very rewarding in their lives!!! And rock on Grace...you chamois cloth wrecker!!! I love it...my sister did the same thing at about the same age, but with the brand new couch cushion!!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  06:26:23 AM  Show Profile
My home is referred to as "A design studio that has a bedroom, bath and kitchen....RITFLOL

Peace, Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  06:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh my Goodness ! I never thought I would admt to this but I am a....Chronic Craftaholic.. I do everything a crafter could/can do....and I love it....The ironing can wait..DH can get his own dinner, find his own under-roos and socks...just leave me alone when I am in my craft room with the sewing machine humming and me singing away.....I sound like Mick Jagger with a frog in my throat...can't carry a tune in a paper bag....But I love it.....Must run,I am on a mini-apron kick, need some summer dresses, making some totes....etc,etc Oh and I am doing pillowcases from Alee's group.....I'll eat later...

Love ya all fellow crafters.

Margie

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...

Edited by - newheart on Jul 03 2007 06:48:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  09:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hello craftaholics,
my name is fran and i am a craftaholic.....but i do limit myself to scrap crafts.....that way EVERYTHING is potentially a raw material!
ties, knitted garments from the thrift store, tin cans, tin cannisters, wooden spools, acorns, twigs on the ground, .....you name it , ill craft withit.
my motto is ......angeltree farms," where no scrap is left behind."
if there is a cure for this.....i dont want to know.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  09:34:04 AM  Show Profile
My name is Susan....and I am so totally proud to be a craftaholic with the rest of you! I, too, enjoy doing many different things at one time and am not ashamed of it at all! We are all a bunch of happy women doing what we love WHEN we want to do it! Yippeeeeee!!! Susan
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  10:07:39 AM  Show Profile
quote:
I have been know to lurk in neighbors recycle bins in hopes of scoring a discarded 40% off craft coupon. I've even gone begging on the streets for coupons...

Hmmm I never thought to check the neighbors bins....

I have just signed up everyone in the house as if we all live in an apt building for the flyers. Yes my 4 month old gets a Joanns mailing too.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  10:34:01 AM  Show Profile
oh, what a great idea...i am so doing that!!!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  11:27:53 AM  Show Profile
Jess, I also just used their first amd middle names so it will look like we all have different last names. So William Galt lives @ apt 2R (second floor rear bedroom) and Henry Michael Owen lives @ 2F. Oh and Bill gets one too.

E-

Go to Top of Page

Kay Marie
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Kay
Tomball TX
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  12:00:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies my name is Kay and I too am a craftaholic. I have a horrible fiber addiction. If it can be spun, woven, sewn with or sewn upon then I'm there. Living in a small studio apartment has brought some interesting repurposing of furniture and storage options. Friends have told me that I have enough supplies to open a craft store. I stare at them in horror at the idea of giving away supplies rather than finished projects.

I also am trying to win the "she who dies with the biggest stash" game. I also believe that the hand-made gifts I share with family and friends will out live me with the fond memories they bring. Thanks for making my day as I chuckled at the symptoms we all share as craftaholics.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Craftaholics Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page