FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  9:29:45 PM  Show Profile
Don't know if any of you have seen these or not, but thought I would share. I saw these tonight & thought they were pretty neat.

My DD had a soccer game tonight & while in the little shop there (of all places to have these) I saw these burp cloths (cloth diapers) that were decorated (embellished). Most of them had machine embroidery with some sort of saying on them. Some were trimmed with ribbon. I thought this would be a neat idea for some to sell. Not sure of the prices on those, but with the embroidery, I am sure they were over $5 apiece. I have given a few sites to give an idea of what I mean.

This site has some cute ones, but I think all of you creative farm girls could come up with cuter things. I do like the pee pee tee pee though. Great idea!

http://www.designerdribbles.com/

This site is asking $46 for 3 cloths for Christmas.
http://www.babybox.com/noname48.html

http://www.burpsbibsandbeyond.com/infant/burp_cloths.htm

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, the Pee Pee Tee Pee is a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER seen anything like that! What a clever idea! I think most men would die if they saw us women putting that on their sons! Could cause some serious mental damage!!! heeheehee!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:36:40 PM  Show Profile
I agree Maryjane! I guess the ones that help change the diapers can complain. The others, I hope they are in squirting distance! I sure could have used that... boys sure like to spray. There are some clever people out there!

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  11:12:59 PM  Show Profile
Kelly,
tooooo cute! If only I had a grandbaby to buy these, nay, sew these for!!!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  5:56:48 PM  Show Profile
ok so i already have some done. this couldnt be more funny for me cause i have made these and meant to post pics of them and set up an etsy shop but i have procrastinated once again. so just a rememinder to myself to get into gear. so i will post a pic tonight hopefully

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  9:54:01 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Teresa. Looks like others are making quite a bit on those... you may as well join them. I think you will do well! Can't wait to see your pics!

Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  9:59:20 PM  Show Profile
Wow i am not charging near enough for the ones I do. They arn't as fancy as these but still nice.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  11:57:32 AM  Show Profile
Saw the same thing on DIY's "Uncommon Threads" show. Was going to make some up for #11 grandchild after I saw the show, but made up some of the other baby stuff they had on the show instead. Loved the burp cloths tho - real cheap to make and endless ways of making them cute. A great idea to make up and sell at craft fairs.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  4:42:03 PM  Show Profile
I don't Even have Grandbabies yet!!
But I HAVE to order some of these teeny little Socks!!
Oh My Gosh! Aren't they too cute!!!
I mean it.. SOMEONE better make me a Grannie!!!! I am running out of room to keep all of this crap That i buy! & I am beggining to look like a crazy old woman that is starting to hoard things that i "Might" need one of these days!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  8:31:02 PM  Show Profile
oh hush Kathie, I told you that you could borrow mine!! Just kidding, your kiddos are old enough tell em to hurry up!

You know I always decorate my burp cloths, that way no one uses them to actually diaper the baby...I have dozens and dozens of them!! I cannot believe people actually buy them...I just sew em up. I have probably lost or worn out as many as I still have!! I guess some people do not make everything!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Burp cloths Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page