Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  11:54:29 AM  Show Profile
My name is Annie, and I too am a craftaholic. I knew it was bad when we were drawing up plans for our new house and the first thing I said was that I wanted a craft room - didn't care about any other room in the house as long as I had a room for my stuff. Already the room is too small and I'm having to figure out how and where I can store all the things that follow me home because they know I'll take good care of them. Luckily the spare bedroom is next to my craft room, so . . .

Annie from Custer, SD
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  12:43:52 PM  Show Profile
I am dying of laughter. I leave town for a week to see my sister and her new twins, and I am starved for my daily maryjanes site correspondence... anyway I return to find this hilarious thread. oh y'all are too much.

So here is my admission: My name is Heather Lizabeth and I am a craftaholic. I have too many on going projects and am easily distracted by the "next thing" that interests me. Our office is no longer a usable office, it has become my craft area. I had tried to include my husband by having a large easy chair in the room so he could sit there with me while I worked, but right now (and for the last several weeks) the chair has been covered with material, pillows, patterns, books....
I have yet to find a good solution to containing my projects that are in process, however, I just saw these oversized clear thick plastic storage bags ("see your stuff") so I may order a couple of those to try and group the things I need together. Imagine what a time saver to have in a bag the thread, buttons, ribbons, fabric, pattern, whatever is needed all in one see through bag that I can pull out when the mood to work on that particular project strikes me. and I could have one color for clients, one color for personal, one color for gifts... I am excited now... time to place an order! more craft things! ;)

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  2:27:20 PM  Show Profile
quote:

My crafting helps calm me down in the midst of stress...and I guess it has some bad points, but mostly it is therapeutic. So I guess I won't call it "aholic" ;-)...perhaps craft-o-phile? ;-)

Nash, but wouldn't that be considered, a "self Medicating" addict?

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  3:09:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi, my name is Rachel and I too **voice shakes with emotion** am a craftaholic. I love to sew and quilt and make primitive dolls and scrap book and doodle. When I have too many projects going and I don't know what to work on, I will re-arrange my crafting areas to make them "prettier".....at least then I'm accomplishing a "project" by organizing. I love crafting so much I'd love to quit my job and craft and write full time. I wish there was an herbal remedy to cure me of this!!!

my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  4:08:12 PM  Show Profile
Rachel, I too go about rearranging my craft room to try and get it more organized. All my yarn/material/knitting needles/cutters, etc. are stored in those stackable clear boxes. I even have one that has wheels on it to roll around. Some of the totes are under my really big table where I cut out my material and work. The closet is filled with even more totes filled to the brim. I need a new bookcase to hold all the books and magazines and binders filled with patterns. But my craft room is my sanctuary from life - especially during football season. I always have at least 4 projects going at the same time and constantly add more to do, which means I need more totes to store it all in. The local Family Dollar store loves seeing me come in and grab a shopping cart to buy more totes.

Peace and Love.
Annie
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  4:35:52 PM  Show Profile
Hehe...isn't organizing fun, Annie? I keep all my quilting/sewing/doll supplies in my Longaberger baskets. I have around 30 baskets of different shapes and sizes and they seem to hold everything nicely. I keep all my crafty things in our guest bedroom and work on them in our study....you can usually find bits and pieces of scrap material or thread allll over this house!

my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  5:20:57 PM  Show Profile
I had the best laugh yesterday. DH walked out to the mailbox with me and there were 5 items in the box, 4 for me all craft related and one for DH, an AARP newsletter. When I told him about all of us "Craftaholics" he said "you mean crapaholics"? Should I strangle him with some yet to be used craft item? I reorganize too, but it's really just to find room for more stuff, I need to stay away from e-bay. I've had a really lousy day and you girls have made me laugh, I love you all so much.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  5:32:58 PM  Show Profile
quote:

I reorganize too, but it's really just to find room for more stuff

OMG That is the only reason I see to reorganize. I feel that it would break my chi if I were to disrupt the flow.

Also If I reorganize and make more space... I just find myself filling the void like a seroma.

When stuff is on clearance....
I just cant help myself...
and someone else might get it...
so I need it and I need it all.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  7:36:31 PM  Show Profile
PMPL...

My name is Michelle, and I am a binge craftaholic. I hide my projects from others in closets, the laundry room, my desk drawer at work, behind my bed. Sometimes I go for months, just thinking about crafting. Then, my husband will come home and find me in a pile of fabric or peeking up from behind my sewing machine, pins dribbling from the corner of my mouth.

Okay, not dribbling. He he he. This is fun.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  7:52:28 PM  Show Profile
Rachelleigh, aren't longaberger baskets beautiful? I haven't yet purchased any, but I have always admired them. I bet your craft things look lovely.

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  9:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I thought only peeps from Ohio collected Longaberger baskets. I have a few and I have visited the factory.... and the giant basket Pretty cool place. I even dated a computer guy who worked there....:P... no not long enough to get any cool employee only baskets.

But one day I will go there and do the build your own basket... and get the tour basket... one day. Maybe that should be a farmgirl field trip.

E-

Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  9:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi, my name is Jan and I too am a craftaholic. Whole rooms are overflowing, closets are stuffed full, I've tried every craft known to womankind, I sold in craft fairs for 5 years which should have used up lots of "stuff", but it only made more, nothing gets thrown away because "I may need that someday", I look at floss skeins like they're candy, I see stuff in stores and say "I can make that", and on and on and on. The problem is, I like my addiction, it's fun and it's not illegal!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  9:29:29 PM  Show Profile
I needed a good laugh and reading this this evening has certainly done it for me. LOL LOL, oh the ways that we find to get in trouble with....... legally!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  11:05:53 PM  Show Profile
My sister lives in IL and she is crazy over Longaberger. She just got back from Dresden, OH -- makes an annual pilgrimage with her other basket loving friends. She used to sell it and I have been the lucky recipient of a couple of the baskets. They are wonderful! They even have a large one that has a hinged wooden lid and trays you can put inside to organize your craft and sewing items. That's the ticket -- I need to buy that so I can get organzied, right???

Visit my Etsy shop at http://www.therusticcottage.net

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  4:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jan-

I do that too! I go to craft fairs and to stores and see something really neat and think to myself "How can I do that for myself..." LOL! Sometimes it is the process that is rewarding rather than the end product- eh?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Craftaholics Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page