Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What is the one movie...........?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the one movie...........? Next Topic
Page: of 4

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  2:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
You girls alreay picked most of my favs, lol.. Rent, tears my heart out. Steel magnolias, Freid green tomatoes, from there I become obessed with them, lol. Mr. Holland Opus, you have to love a devoted teacher. My other fav is Pretty Woman and Erin Brockavic (mispelled?)lol.. that one is my all time favorite!!

pics from my world.. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/tra-dun/
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  2:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Moll Flanders made me cry and Madam Butterfly.... every time I see it no matter how bad the actors are, how off the singing is it makes me cry every time. There I am crying in a crowded theater... it is making me teary just thinking about it.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  3:14:16 PM  Show Profile
ME TOO!!
I am SUCH a Ball Bag!! I cry all the dang time over movies!
It's horrible!
& Why or Why do people always look at you.. while you sit there sobbing.. snot running down your nose and say .. "Are you crying?"
"Well of course I'm crying you idiot! it's a sad movie!! get me a tissue or I'll use your sleeve!"

ok.. I HAVE to watch horribly sad movies.. not just the feel good ones that make you cry.. But the ones that make you break down & sob.. I just do..
& will watch the same movies everytime they come on.. KNOWING how I am going to react to them!
One's with horrible things happening to children send me over the edge.. Loosing someone you love.. will force a meltdown.. I HAVE to watch these movies! My Husband & I will fight over this..
Not only will he refuse to watch them.. But.. he gets SO mad when I do.. because he knows how i will be!
One that will definatly do it for me Is "One True Thing" ( i think this is the one..) It was with Meryl Streep.. ( Renee Zellwiger was her daughter in the movie.. & Meryl's character became terminaly ill..)
Yes.. this one will kill me.. Out of Africa too.. ughhh.. what a sad movie..
BUT..
Did any of you see "Bridge to Terabithia"?
What a piece of work! Now this was so un called for!
I cried.. Oh man how i cried.. What a stupid movie.. Not something i would reccomend!!! YOU'LL SEE!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  3:35:29 PM  Show Profile
My newest movie to make me cry is "The pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith and his son. It's a great story about struggling to make your dreams come true.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  5:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Titanic, Steel Magnolias, Where the Heart Is, Notting Hill.... the final episode of "The Wonder Years" makes me cry every single time I see it, as does the last TV-movie for "Little House on the Prairie" where they blow up Walnut Grove!!!

[size=1]my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  5:58:10 PM  Show Profile
Alee - that ER when Mark died in Hawaii - I was a basket case for a week. Now I can't even listen to that Hawaiian version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow without bursting into tears.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  6:04:02 PM  Show Profile
An Affair to Remember!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  6:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherri- I know what you mean! I bawled my eyes out! And now I bawl my eyes out because that singer who sang that version of Somewhere over the Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) died! He has such a beautiful voice!! He was only 38!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!

Edited by - Alee on Jun 29 2007 6:26:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  6:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4XhMANcCbM

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  6:57:19 PM  Show Profile
I sooooo soooo fit in with ya'all farmgirls. My honey dh makes sure I have a kleenex box, some of them even get him. Wizard of Oz when I was six didn't make me cry, it scared the tar out of me and I hid under our dining room table!!! LOL
Yes, Extreme Home Makeovers, I have cried on every one....
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

ranchhandwife
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Karen
Tonasket WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  7:23:24 PM  Show Profile
Do any of you remember the original version of "Of Mice and Men"? I was pretty little when I first saw it but will never forget how I felt when George shot Lennie. Still one of my favorite movies.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  7:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We watched the original "Of Mice and Men" in my AP English class. Yup. That one got me too! But I had to be tough and pretend not to cry in class! LOL

Alee

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  03:51:02 AM  Show Profile
The Sound of Music always makes me cry too - when they are finally safe and escaping over the mountains at the end.
Plus all the ones that have been mentioned, although I haven't seen The Pursuit of Happyness yet - I cried during the trailer they showed on The Movie Show!!
Every Friday night here, they are showing 'girly' movies (hubby's term for them). So last night, I cried through The Notebook.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  05:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
The Notebook...OH MY GOODNESS...bawling. Both me and Husband. Just so touching. A lovely movie. But we cried at Finding Nemo...so dont go by what we say!!!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com

Edited by - TheSoapMaven on Jun 30 2007 05:32:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  05:59:33 AM  Show Profile
I always cry when I watch Johnny Depp in "Finding Neverland." It's one of the little boys that makes me cry my heart out. And, my dh and I just watched "Miss Potter" with Renee Zellweger and that was quite the movie! We had no idea of what a hard life she had....but she always made the most of it and so that also was a tear jerker! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  09:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Lean on Me, RENT , and The Notebook. I went to the theaters 6 times to see that movie, bought it the day it came out and have watched it atleast 15times! And I still cry when they are on the dock in the rain and she asks him why he never wrote her. And on and on and then he says Its still aint over and they kiss,, AHhhhh I love that part it makes me cry happy tears! And I agree crying IS good thearapy!

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  12:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ah ha! The literary term is called catharsis! I couldn't remember and it was driving me insane!! Catharsis is when you identify with the protagonist (the main character) and through their trials and tribulations recieve emotional release. The term dates back to ancient Greece where they first started writing plays with the specific goal of generating a cathartic connection with the audience!

So watching these movies really IS good therapy!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  12:41:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh..and Bridges of Madison county..when Clint Eastwood is standing in the rain at the end. Oh my!!!
The notebook was sure a tearjerker too..gosh..there are lots of them arn't there??

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  12:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
okay,
farmgirls get your hankies:
unstrung heroes, a diane keaton directed film with john torturro(sp?)
and andie mcdowell.
on golden pond
and always, out of africa..... "i had a farm in africa"....but the one line that always gets me......"if men are known for their courage then we (women) must be known for our patience......"
oh my gosh, does anyone have a spare hankie?

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  2:11:46 PM  Show Profile
Along with ALL of the mentioned.....The Stepmom (Julia Roberts) and Touched by an Angel...(okay, not a movie, but cry EVERY episode) the one with Wynona Judd.....I couldn't talk for a week, I would cry.
DH has stopped my from watching, as I can't just pull it together once it is over....
Excuse me, gotta go get the tissue.
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  3:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay... I must say "Black Beauty" is always a tear jerker for me. And the book or the old version of the movie "Charlotte's Web".

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  10:05:44 PM  Show Profile
You know another one that makes me cry is "Mrs. Doubtfire". It is funny, sure, but so sad when he loses his kids and then so touching in so many parts.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  12:41:55 PM  Show Profile
One of my favorite old movies is Shenandoah with Jimmy Stewart several scenes make me cry but I lose it when his youngest son comes home at the end of the movie
And I agree All Hallmark hall of Fame's make me cry

My Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
]
My blog http://www.epicourier.com/Garliclady/
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  10:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Sense & Sensibility...The scene towards the end when Elinor (Emma Thompson) is visted by Mr. Edward Ferras (Hugh Grant), who she is in love with. The moment when she realizes that she has mistook the Mr. Ferrars who was recently wed for HER Mr. Edward Ferrars...leaving Edward unmarried and therefor available...is always the one movie moment that gets to me.

I guess I'm a sappy old romantic who still believes in true love.

I'm a one girl revolution.

Edited by - abbasgurl on Jul 02 2007 11:34:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  01:28:23 AM  Show Profile
Susan, I cried in Finding Nemo too! And I love Sense and Sensibility - but I love Jane Austen.
I thought of another one I cried my eyes out in - Pearl Harbour. Also, a few embarassing ones that you definitely aren't supposed to cry in - Armageddon, Star Wars and Independence Day. I don't just cry at sad parts, I always cry at the parts where they finally win the day! I really think we should just list nearly every movie here!
Tonight I will be watching the Concert for Diana, organised by Princes William and Harry, and I'm sure I'll be crying at that one, especially when they play Candle In The Wind (as I'm sure they will). But that is a whole other topic - I have heaps of songs that get me crying too!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the one movie...........? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page