Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What is the one movie...........?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the one movie...........? Next Topic
Page: of 4

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  5:47:51 PM  Show Profile
What is the one movie that will make you cry every time you watch it? Mine is Homeward Bound. My kids think I am so silly but I cannot help it. Every time I watch that movie that Golden Retriever comes over that hillside I lose it.
The other is Steel Magnolias. I know better than to watch it, but I will and cry up a storm every time.
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://thebackfence.etsy.com
http://kathy-whimsicaldays.blogspot.com

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  6:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Yep, Steel Magnolias.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  6:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
On Golden Pond too!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  6:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! Just one? Steel Magnolias does it, Return to Snowy River when Denny (the horse) gets shot. Okay...tearing up just thinking about it...Gosh I am such a sap...

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  6:33:34 PM  Show Profile
For me, Fried Green Tomatoes (adapted from the book "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe"). A lot of it is humorous, but a lot of it is heart wrenching. It's a great Saturday-night-with-the-girls movie. ;-)

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

http://shadetreestudios.etsy.com

New Rt 66 blog: http://historyinthemaking.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  7:13:53 PM  Show Profile
I would say "West Side Story", "The Best Years of Our Lives" (that's an old one!), and "scent of a Woman". The ending of the last one and the scene when the Al Pacino character is ready to shoot himself..and the boy does everything in his power to stop him...very intense.
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  7:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Rent, Steel Magnolias, Titanic, Armageddon...I could go on and on...lol

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  7:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh My gosh! Fried Green Tomatoes! Rent! Titanic! Yes! Yes! Those are tear jerkers for me too!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  7:44:55 PM  Show Profile
Look, I'm a total sap--any Hallmark Hall of Fame movie will make me cry. If it's the least bit poignant, I'm a mess!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  8:15:54 PM  Show Profile
anything sad about children or olde people! or losing a loved one!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  8:37:59 PM  Show Profile
Mr. Holland's Opus, Follow Me Boys, Saving Private Ryan, poignant ones where the underdog wins, Passion of the Christ, etc,etc.....

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  9:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Steel Magnolias gets me every time.The hurt in your throat lump kind. Also Click, Fried Green Tomatoes,Hope Floats (a few times), & My Girl.. boy i can cry at most any movie. I can't watch those when it is any time near PMS time. I cry too easy already without the added hormones.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  9:22:01 PM  Show Profile
We Were Soldiers and The Outsiders The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie too.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Do you we have to choose just one?!! I'm not sure whether it was having children, but that seemed to be the turning point for me. When I was younger, I could watch the saddest movies without a tear. Now I cry at Disney movies!! Years ago, my friend and I took the kids to see Rugrats In Paris (the one where Chuckie's father marries again and he gets a new mommy) and we had to wait to leave the theatre as we had both been crying!!
So basically any movie - I even cry at the end of things like The Amazing Race when all the families of the winners come in and lots of hugging and kissing. Oh my goodness, am I really admitting to this?!!
Choose a movie and I will cry buckets at it!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:12:34 PM  Show Profile
Born Free, Out of Africa, Little Women...Don't laugh Bambi always makes me cry when the Mom dies.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  11:02:33 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe that none of you mentioned Old Yeller. I have seen it 84,000 times and still cry every time. Homeward bound gets me too...you are so right Kathy!!
I am pretty easy to make cry with movies..but those will get me every single time.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  11:09:25 PM  Show Profile
Homeward Bound (ALWAYS!!) when the old dog finally comes home and Out Of Africa with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  11:12:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness,
Jonni, Hallmark movies get me, old movies get me and ladies a good cry is good therapy. Or at least that is what I tell myself. Hope floats, can't watch Old Yeller, makes me cry too much. Aren't I funny! Romantic comedies can get me too, oh yeah Sleepless in Seattle

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  01:17:07 AM  Show Profile
Gee, Jonni, you described me in two words......total sap! I cry at touching commercials for pity's sake; well maybe not cry but tear up, certainly! It's a Wonderful Life is a sure bet for happy ending boo hooing. And Seabiscuit, most of the ones everybody has posted so far..... My mom tells me that the first time I watched the Wizard of Oz I was about five or six, mesmerized through the whole thing, and after it was over she said I burst into tears! Once a sap, always a sap, and proud of it! Have a great day everybody. Nance
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  05:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Somewhere in Time and Homeward Bound - (the ending does it every time!!!)

Oh, Beaches too. (sigh - I made the mistake of watching it with my best friend once. Ugghh, it wasn't pretty. )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,--
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.
Dorothy Frances Gurney
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  05:49:12 AM  Show Profile
Nance! I "well up" at commercials, too! Glad I'm not the only "target" audience of Hallmark out there ...Seabiscuit is one of mine, too--my daddy was a jockey, so I have that affinity, but also, when I was little, my mom all but "banned" Disney films because I was so traumatized by Dumbo--when they took his momma away because she was protecting him and seemed uncontrollable????? oh my goodness, I cried for days. Mom said, "Sorry, Mr. Disney, YOU are not welcome in our house!" She wouldn't let me watch Old Yeller for that very reason as well. "Where the Red Fern Grows" slipped passed her and boy was she sorry!

Oh, I forgot the all time favorite cry it out movie of mine as an adult, To Kill a Mockingbird. Gets me EVERYTIME.

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  06:09:19 AM  Show Profile
OH girls, me too!!! Commercials...Little House, just hand me the hankie!!! Hmmm...I'm having a blank on the movie, I think I quit watching the ones that make me cry since I'm such a blubbering idiot;or else they ALL make me cry at some point!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  07:52:24 AM  Show Profile
I saw someone mentioned Mr. Hollands Opus. I wouldn't have thought of that one but I saw it recently on tv and I cried like a baby - I forgot how emotional it is!
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  12:46:26 PM  Show Profile
Boy, choosing just one is hard! I love A Christmas Story, never get tired of that one even though I practically know all the lines and drive may family crazy when I insist on saying them with the characters!(good way to clear the room so that you can enjoy it by yourself!) I like to start watching that one around November 1st and then at least once a week until Christmas, oh AND the 24hr marathon on TNT. But, always have loved Out Of Africa. The first lines in Meryl Streep's lovely voice "I had a farm in Africa.." and you just settle into the whole story.
Of course, as soon as I post this, I will no doubt think of many more movies that one just cannot live without!!
Angie.

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  2:06:55 PM  Show Profile
Anything with Lassie in it...

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  2:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jayne- Me too! I cry at anything that has to do with kids. I have had to turn off ER so many times! And the Extreme Makeover shows do it too!

Alee

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the one movie...........? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page