Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What is the one movie...........?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the one movie...........? Next Topic
Page: of 4

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  06:15:00 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda! That's sooo odd. That is one of my ALLTIME favorite movies and I feel the same way about that scene. The first few times I saw it, I was crying so much with her that I couldn't really SEE the movie!

Great one! I'm going to go home and watch it!!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  06:17:43 AM  Show Profile
The first time I saw Little Women with Winona Ryder, I couldn't leave the theater because I was crying so hard- there's been a couple of movies like that. Little Miss Sunshine had me laughing hysterically one minute and bawling like a baby the next! The last couple of movies that made me cry at the theater, were Georgia Rules and believe it or not, Knocked Up!
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  2:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
oh,
i forgot, when i saw the color purple and the whoopie goldberg character where she is reunited with her adult children i cried so hard the back of my neck started hurting and i couldnt hold my head up. i couldnt leave the theater until it stopped aching.
no one else has mentioned seeing "unstrung Heroes". if you were a child in the 50's you will love it. and it is pretty sad. but uplifting at the same time. i have made all my family watch it because the father character reminds me of their dad, my first husband. i also like it because it really potrays a family from a childs view point during a very trying time, the mom has a terminal illness and how sometimes lifes lessons come from the most unexpected places. anyway, i guess it is personal to me, but i love the entire movie/but do have your hankies near by.....and oh yea, it is pretty slow at the beginning.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  3:39:55 PM  Show Profile
Steel Magnolias. The cemetery scene every time. And then I still laugh through the tears when Weeza is offered up as a punching bag.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  3:50:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh, yes Bridge to Terebithia was awful. I watched that with my 17 yo daughter and we were both bawling (and she NEVER cries at movies) I never expected that ending. Also, Million Dollar Baby. Another unexpected ending and I went to bed sobbing. I'll never watch either one of them again :(

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  4:11:03 PM  Show Profile
This may sound strange, but the end of "A Knight's Tale" makes me tear up for a minute. The line about "changing your stars" gets me every time.
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  4:40:35 PM  Show Profile
E.T. when the bad Gov. people have him and he's lying on the table and you think he's dead.....we almost left the theatre cause I lost it! But, then again I cry at dog food commercials too. It hasn't been on in awhile and I think it was for Pedigree. It showed a dog named Casey from a pup to old age and it just breaks my heart that he's getting older and had a hard time going up the porch stairs. Dang Soft Heart!!!!!!! I HATE it that I'm like this!!!

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  5:58:58 PM  Show Profile
Ok I have to add my 2 cents to this one.
Definitely A Place For Annie by Hallmark. I can't watch that one anymore it makes me too sad. An Affair To Remember. I can usually make it throught hat one now but I still tear up.

My daughter, Leslie wanted to add hers to this thread. She cries at Star Wars Revenge of the Sith because he turns to the dark side. Phantom of the Opera. Everytime the phantom is rejected in favor of the rich guy. And Sense and Sensibility for the same reason Rhonda said.
Very interesting what types of things make us cry isn't it?

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  6:10:05 PM  Show Profile
You girls are so funny LOL
But I have to admit I bought, YES BOUGHT Bridge to Terebithia because I thought it was going to fairies and fanasty, Nope
I totally lost it on that one, DH walks by and just gets me tissue, doesnt say anything any more. ROFL The bad thing is I cant see to embroidery the rest of the movie cause my eyes are all blurred
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  6:30:45 PM  Show Profile
I love that he walks past, doesn't say anything and hands you a kleenex. How appropriate.....

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  3:52:34 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone mentioned " Message in a Bottle " that was filmed at our outer banks. Kevin Coster & Robin Wright Penn( played Jenny in Forest Gump). I don't watch alot of movies but I came across that one on satellite one day and I'm telling you it will make you cry. The ending is heartbreaking. It is from a Nicholas Sparks novel. Didn't know that until recently when I read in our local paper that he wrote that and a new movie that is being filmed down the road from us called "Night in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere and Diane Lane. Sparks is a writer from New Bern , NC about an hour from here. It has been exciting watching all of Hollywood come to our little beach town. They stayed here about 6 weeks and just left a few days ago. Filming interiors at a huge beach house that is suppose to be an inn on the outer banks in a real town called Rodanthe. Some exterior filming. Anyway back to sad movies. Another one that makes me sad and cry everytime is "Legend of the Falls" with Brad Pitt, Aiden Quinn, made back in the 90's. It is awesome. Watched Saving Private Ryan once and absolutely cannot watch it ever again. Too sad. The opening scene is gut sad. I love anything by Jane Austin. Little house on the Prairie, Waltons.
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  10:23:14 PM  Show Profile
Another Nicholas Sparks book made into a movie is A Walk To Remember. The movie made me cry heaps, even though it was a bit too soppily made, if that makes sense! The book actually made me cry even more.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  10:57:00 AM  Show Profile
I know 'Million Dollar Baby' was mentioned, and you're right! That one made me cry, too! It was a great movie, but I didn't expect that ending....my heart really sank for that poor girl. Brought me to tears!
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  11:01:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah....I know these aren't movies, but the final episode of 'Six Feet Under' was great. That really touched me...and the final episode of 'Sex In The city' had me crying unexpectedly.

Edited by - junkjunkie on Jul 05 2007 11:02:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  7:56:36 PM  Show Profile
What a walk down memory lane reading these pages. I would say to myself,what about "ol Yeller" and then someone would mention it. Where the Red Fern Grows, E.T. (took my son when it came out, I think he was five. we were both crying so hard our shoulders were shaking-finally he couldn't hold it back any more and let out the loudest wail - which was followed by others who were holding it back too.) Can't believe no one mentioned "Love Story" with Ryan O'Neal. Seems so cheesy now, but went to see it in high school with our girlfriends and cried for hours afterwards. You know, the "ugly cries" where your face splotches, and your nose gets stuffy and you look like a monster the next day because your eyes are all swollen and puffy. The Folgers coffee commericals a few years back always choked me up. So I have to say "yes" to all mentioned and admit to being a softie - even a few Gray's Anatomy shows put me over the edge. Tears are good things right? - cleanses the soul.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  8:35:33 PM  Show Profile
I finally remembered the name of the one movie that makes me cry - The Horse Whisperer with Robert Redford...

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  8:36:35 PM  Show Profile
"Trip To Bountiful"...when she finally reaches her old farmhouse.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  9:39:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jan..(great to see you post by the way..I have missed YOU!!) Trip to Bountiful is a wonderful movie. I cry everytime. I forgot about that one. I sure recomend it!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  11:15:31 PM  Show Profile
Since I have had kids, everything makes me cry when I never cried before, but the one that just kills me and makes me sad the rest of the day and the next day and can make me ball and ball and ball, " The Family Stone"...I just love that movie soooooo much, but then I just cry my eyes out, every single time, even after watching it 17 million times!!! I am crying now, just thinking about it!
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:15:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh....yes. The Family Stone. Have any of you seen The Guardian? Kevin Costner and Ashton Kuchter. Made me cry.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:20:48 PM  Show Profile
THE NOTEBOOK!!! I bawled the whole way through and a couple times over! :)
HUGS~~Jessie

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!
Go to Top of Page

laluna
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

New York
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:28:18 PM  Show Profile
Shawshank Redemption. One of the best movies of all time!
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:43:26 PM  Show Profile
Jayne, Good one. I saw some of the filming of Walk to Remember in Wilmington, NC. It was downtown and I was with my daughter who was in college at the time UNCWilmington. We had gone downtown to eat dinner and the streets were full of trucks and equipment from the film ing. Anyway it was fun to watch. Erin, The Horse Whisperer is another favorite. I watch it every time it is on. Heartbreaking. Laluna, Shawshank Redemption is one of the best. Love the ending.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  5:27:43 PM  Show Profile
YES!! Million Dollar Baby!1 god.. that was Awful Jeezz... Some movies.. Are just to awful.. aren't they.. & just don't let you go away feeling good AT ALL!! That was one for me..
Message in a botle WAS great !! & Another one Kevin Costner was in.. Dragon Fly!! I LOVED.. I think i Might just actualy love Kevin Costner!! Family Stone .. Definatly.. I think i have a think for movies with tragedy or terminal illness or something.. some fixation for me or something.. You know.. another one.. what was the name of that? Kevin Costner was in it too.. ( see? ) He was the neighbor.. like an older retired baseball player orsomething.. & his neighbor was this woman.. like in her 50's maybe.. had 3 or 4 daughters.. some in college.. maybe one in high school.. maybe even one out of school all together.. anyway.. the whole thing was about what a scmuck her husband was for just up & leaving her & the girls.. remember?? & she kinda started then this odd relationship halfway through the movie now with K.C. & then the property behind them started doing construction.. & surverying.. & what do they find.. But the what had been assumed to have been a schmuck of a dissapearing husband.. But what NOW was a husband that had just simply FALLEN & died in the damn back onf the property!!! But.. I guess due to strained relationships.. everyone just had assumed he had just left!!!
How VERY AWFUL was THIS???????
Can you imagine the mortification?? She must have cursed him over & over again.. maybe out loud & in her own mind for what she thought he had done to them.. Mean while.. the poor Guy had just accidentaly
died in the back yard!!!

OOps.. sorry for giving away the Plot!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 11 2007 5:28:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  5:31:50 PM  Show Profile
The Upside of Anger? I agree with you about Dragonfly too.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the one movie...........? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page