Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 farmhouse renovation/restoration-movin in pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic farmhouse renovation/restoration-movin in pics Next Topic
Page: of 9

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  11:35:17 AM  Show Profile
Janice,

This is the first time that I've seen this posting. Wow have you been busy! How is everything going? Looking forward to the updates.
Ann
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  06:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I know, Nancy Jo...you said leave off the ductwork pics...but I couldn't help myself.

Just two pics, okay? This job is so costly, I have to take at least a few pics. And I took other photos to make up for it.
Here is our 1970's era vintage trailer. This pic is mostly for Carol Sue - :D I'll show inside pics after spring cleaning! LOL!
This is just the stairway from the second floor

A little metal corner shelf thing for the kitchen:

A wooden corner cabinet and a narrow wooden pantry cabinet. I couldn't get pics of the jelly cabinet and either of the hoosier type cabinets for the kitchen...they're covered up and hard for me to get to and/or move stuff by myself. I'll get good old dh to help me with that soon.

This is our little 1960's vintage camper. I call all old stuff(including myself) 'vintage', because we all get better(and more valuable) as we age! ;)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  06:39:13 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I am very impressed, Many years ago my husband and I saved an old adobe home in Arizona, and there's such a satisfaction in keeping these old beauties alive. That front porch is just the ticket! Old houses always speak to us.
Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  06:39:17 AM  Show Profile
JANICE,
As nice as the duct work is, I think I like the stairway the best. Are you going to leave that the way it is and just re-finish it? Or is that a goner too?
No shortage of trailers I see, I don't even have one. Thats nice that you have a place to stay when you are out there checking on the shinny duct work. I can't wait to see the final house all done pictures. Love the cabinets for the kitchen. Its going to be soooooo pretty.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  06:42:31 AM  Show Profile
yay!!!! There's ductwork!!!!!! Now we're talkin!! I, too, love the stairwell...and I think your birthday gift (that's being sent this week :0) will look oh-so-lovely on that kitchen cabinet :)

Happy day, there's HVAC

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on Mar 04 2008 07:01:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  06:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
The stairway stays, Nancy Jo. In fact, all the woodwork we so carefully removed and stacked everywhere is going back on eventually. And one of my jobs is to clean it up or refinish it all. I'll have to retire then, just to finish that job in my lifetime! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

rose hill farm
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Jule Ann
Rhineland Missouri
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  12:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Click to see rose hill farm's MSN Messenger address
Miss Bee Haven....Wow! Your house looks so much like mine....I wish I could post a photo! We're planning an addition also....How are you living thru it? LOL Looks GREAT!
Farm Girl #109

Donkeys for Peace!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  12:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Julie - I just sent you a long and rambling email. I'd love to see pics of your house! :D Every once in a while, I watch the movie "The Money Pit". It's not as bad as that, but it's soooo close! LOL!!!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  1:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Got the photo album, Jule! Our houses were separated at birth!!! And we both have a falling down barn!!! This is AMAZING!!!!! Did you save the barn wood and/or reuse it? We probably will have to take ours down the rest of the way this summer. :( I'm going to miss it.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

rose hill farm
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Jule Ann
Rhineland Missouri
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  5:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see rose hill farm's MSN Messenger address
Janice....My new BFF....I'm going thru my books on Colonial Farm House additions and sorting which I think you'll like....LOL...Then I'll take photo's and send them to you!
Talk more soon.....Time for Dinner
Jule (pronounced Jewel)
Farm Girl #109

Donkeys for Peace!
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  7:30:46 PM  Show Profile
I've loved re-reading this whole thread. How is everything going? I know you just had a "fun weekend" away from Major Mike and the troops - hopefully you sold and bought well at the gathering this past weekend.

Are there any new photos to show?

Ann
Forrester Farm
http://picasaweb.google.com/FORRESTERFARM/FORRESTERFARMWEDDINGS
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  05:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Ann! Major Mike is hanging a 'gone fishin' sign on his workshop for the holiday weekend, but we'll be doing work next Friday, Sat. and Sunday(some repairs to water lines). I won't be the gopher/coffee barrista/general flunkie next Saturday, though. Jonni Lynch is coming to Louisville and we're going on a thrifting/antique shoppin spree!!!! :D I'm going to weed in the daylily beds this weekend. We've had a very rainy spring and the weeds are already way out in front of me! I'll be emailing you today about your other questions. :)

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  06:19:36 AM  Show Profile
Really, Jonni is coming to visit you.... This Sat or next? I'll be there this Sun - but it will be a whirlwind trip. I would so love to join you on a thrifting/ antique shoppin spree in the future!

Have a fabulous time! I bet you will get alot of laughing in too!

Ann
Forrester Farm

Edited by - Forrester Farm on May 22 2008 06:19:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  06:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
She'll be in town on the 31st., next Saturday. And you'd be welcome to join us anytime! We're going to see how many stores we can 'hit' in a day! :D We'll be starting with a good breakfast to give us energy to keep on movin!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  08:47:57 AM  Show Profile
I just need to move!!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  08:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
And when you come here, could you bring all those great thrift stores with you???? And Jack and Dave, too, of course! And ok, you can bring Richard, too.....

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  09:00:00 AM  Show Profile
Are you going to one of Jonni's favorites? Lillys - I believe was the name. She sent me the link months ago. Looks like a great place.

I have a confession - I bought my first item for the Louisville house that we don't have... 3 cast iron oversized hooks that have the fleur de le (sp?)as the main attraction. Only one problem, my man is second guessing himself due to our house still being on the market and all the changes that this will entail. I just want to support him no matter what - he is such a good dad and husband.

Ann
Forrester Farm
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  09:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Jonni and Justin are going to dine at Lilly's in the evening, Ann. They are going to stay in a B&B in old Louisville and he is going to a modeler's convention in Bullitt County and we are going shopping! We're going to have breakfast somewhere closeby and then set off to see how much mischief we can get in!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  09:23:59 AM  Show Profile
I love old houses. The older the better as far as I am concerned. What a beautiful place it is. Hope you have the very best of luck with everything.

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  09:26:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Marcy. It seems like we've been working on it forever, because we work when we have money to pay for supplies, etc. Things are slow right now, because we're trying to save money to pay for the heating/cooling we had installed. That was something none of us were capable of doing on our own.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  09:35:09 AM  Show Profile
Woohoo!!! I can't wait to meet up with Janice, Ann....this month of May has been sooooo slow for me, looking forward to the end when I can run down all the bargains and nifty things with Janice!!!

So sorry that I will miss you in town, Ann, but it sounds like you're going to have your hands full. When you get here though, full time, we'll all get together often!!!

Yep, Jus and I will have dinner at Lilly's, 7:30 reservations, and then stay at the Rocking Horse Bed and Breakfast in Old Louisville for the night. I'm really looking forward to a break--this weekend, we'll be putting in a bathroom sink together, so let's hope we're still married!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  10:08:06 AM  Show Profile
Have a great time you two - actually, Jonni and Jus and Jonni and Janice. Sounds like a perfect weekend. Good luck with the sink project too - a good remodeling project is always a lever/tool for marriage testing.

So smart Janice to pay as you go on this dream house!

Ann
Forrester Farm
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  10:59:29 AM  Show Profile
Janice, I just love your place. I know from experience the hard work you all are putting in it.
It sounds like you and Jonni will have a fun time next weekend.

...Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference... ~Robert Frost~

Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  11:02:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Pam. This is how I can so relate to all the work you guys are doing, too. Jonni and I are going to thrift until the cows come home! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  12:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Well, Janice..I might be able to relate if we successfully put in our sink...but I'M IN NO WAY COMPARING....it will just be a miracle, is all I'm saying, if we actually get it done.

That's what I admire most about you and Pam, Janice...is all the things you accomplish in your renovations and projects. Amazing!!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic farmhouse renovation/restoration-movin in pics Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page