Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Should we ever meet...at the Farm Fair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Should we ever meet...at the Farm Fair Next Topic
Page: of 3

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  10:03:08 AM  Show Profile
I have been reading in other posts some dream plans about the farmgirls on this site meeting, in person, at the 2006 Farm Fair. It set my mind to thinking. We know each other here, our thoughts and plans, and lots of our feelings. Some of us having been posting over a year, but time does not really matter. Like the movie "You've Got Mail" with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, I wonder what it would be like to see you all and see your smiles and expressions after having read about you for so long.

I can tell you one thing. I would not care one fig if any of you had fancy clothes or manicures! But it would be a curious thing, wouldn't it?

The older I get, the more I love my girlfriends....and the less appearance matters. I am wondering if I can explain to my hubby that I want to travel across the entire country and meet folks that I talk to on the internet! But I really think would be great fun.

jpbluesky

Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 29 2005 10:16:00 AM

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  10:10:38 AM  Show Profile
I told my husband that he better plan on me going next year. He just smiled and said "I know". He dosn't understand, but I guess he could tell how important it is to me. We don't have to travel so far as JP for sure...about 8 hours maybe ( I need to really figure it out) and it would be such a pretty drive. I am not all that into appearance either. IF someone can't handle my overalls and ponytail then they arn't a real friend I guess. But I do have fancier friends. I agreee..life would be so hard without girlfriends..and you all are some of my most fun ones for sure!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  10:35:35 AM  Show Profile
JP, I told my husband just a few days ago I didn't think it was possible to love others without meeting face to face. But I love the girls that post here...The power of words and the power of the human spirit being able to reach in to one's heart, without seeing anothers eyes. The character and integrity of the people who post here transends appearance. But it would be a wonder to see all these farmgirls shining eyes, beautiful smiles and hear their laughter. Overalls, jeans, t-shirts, prairie dresses, clogs, birkies, ponytails, gray hair, lines, ages spots, sunburns, rough fingernails will only add to the beauty of these women.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  11:07:57 AM  Show Profile
I looked up flights on Travelocity ( attn Molly Mae! we could meet in Minneapolis/st. Paul and board flight together to Spokane) Round trip for me from Wichita to Spokane is $521 per person. This is Northwest Airlines. With 5 nights hotel it is $813... Maybe there is a cheaper place to stay in Moscow? I am planning for '06!!!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  11:32:42 AM  Show Profile
I am definitely going in 2006. I looked on Mapquest yesterday and I'm only 5 hours away. I'm desperately trying to figure out how I could possibly make it work to go this weekend but I don't think it's going to happen -- DARN!

I would love to meet all of you. I look forward every day to getting here and seeing what my new friends are doing and talking about.

Kay

Proud Member of North Clark County Farmgirls
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  11:34:48 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MeadowLark

I looked up flights on Travelocity ( attn Molly Mae! we could meet in Minneapolis/st. Paul and board flight together to Spokane) Round trip for me from Wichita to Spokane is $521 per person. This is Northwest Airlines. With 5 nights hotel it is $813... Maybe there is a cheaper place to stay in Moscow? I am planning for '06!!!

I looked at lodging yesterday and there is a Super 8 in Moscow that has rooms for about $50 a night. Not sure what it's like but Super 8s usually aren't too bad. I'm not worried about having a fancy place to stay as I don't plan on being in my room much!

Kay

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  11:49:14 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by MeadowLark

I looked up flights on Travelocity ( attn Molly Mae! we could meet in Minneapolis/st. Paul and board flight together to Spokane)

Hi Jenny, sounds great! We have a year to plan, so this can be accomplished! I just told my hubby that what I want for my bday next year is to go to Idaho (my bday is the 6th of July), and he said slowly "okayyyyy..."...LOL. He doesn't "get" my involvement on here just as I don't "get" his fascination with computer games...c'est la vie! How nice so many of you are talking about going, I too can't wait to meet everyone!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  11:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Molly, My hubby gave me "the look" too when I told him about going to farm fair and meeting my friends from the forum. He knows well after 25 years of marriage when to question something... He sees my determination and even suggested flying me there himself ( he is a pilot). I declined his suggestion. This is something I want to totally do myself.

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  12:03:30 PM  Show Profile
It is definitely a reach for me also to think of venturing out like that, Jenny! But what fun, we gals can accomplish anything we set our hearts on! We need to figure out cheap hotels, Super 8 sounds great, and as many gals as we can fit into a room (I'll even sleep on the floor!), we can all split the cost of lodging.

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  12:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh and Clare, I agree wholeheartedly on getting Erik to do a picture of all of us!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  12:12:36 PM  Show Profile
Molly, My daughter's birthday is July 7th. She is going next year too. You can celebrate your birthday's together!! In fact, Missy is the one who told me about MJ's book so she's an even bigger fan than I am.

Kay

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  12:58:55 PM  Show Profile
When we pack for our trip to farm fair girls, let's not forget our favorite aprons! We could wear them for the group photo, and to the fair!

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  2:08:00 PM  Show Profile
Kay, tell Missy "Happy Birthday" from me! I still enjoy my birthdays, I don't care what "number" I am, or how old I'm getting, I'm still like a little kid with all my excitement...

Jenny, great minds think alike, I was just thinking about that earlier as well!!! I'll go a step further, why don't we all wear MATCHING APRONS to set us apart from the crowd? I was thinking, matching red gingham half-aprons...!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  5:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Sounds good to me Molly! The first apron, or rather any clothing I made was in 8th grade Clothing class. It was aqua gingham. I did not get a very good grade on it, but it was still acceptable to my very picky teacher. I searched high and low at my parents' home a few weeks ago for that apron, but could not find it. Mom may have pitched it a long time ago. It's been 35 years... But it still would have hand me down value. I think a Harvest apron with part vintage fabric and red gingham would be cute. Some of us are "vintage"! You are still young!

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  5:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Okay yall are making me want to go too! And I HATE TO FLY!!! Passionately hate it. Nausea insues...stomach cramps, sweats...I am getting nervous thinking about it! Hubby says he'll drive me. Isn't he the sweetest???

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Soulmate to Jerry for 30 years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life" ~ Bilbo Baggins

If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you need to seriously re-examine your life.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  6:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Susan, don't worry, I hate to fly too! But I'll do it to get to meet you gals! And yes, your husband is very sweet to offer to drive you! How far do you have to go?

Jenny, I love those harvest aprons, that sounds great using part vintage material and part red gingham...how cute we will all be!
Yes, I'm still young, but so are you! Age is a state of mind! My mother will be 66 this year and she always told my brothers and I that our getting older was not going to cause her to feel old..her philosophy is "I grow as I age!" And believe me, that woman has more stamina than I do!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  6:56:00 PM  Show Profile
Susan, I hate to fly too...Don't feel bad, you are in good company. I am a white knuckle flyer. My DH is a commercial pilot and owns a single engine aircraft also. He purchased it in 1994. I have never flown in it. He is a good pilot and has thousands of air hours under his belt. I have no need to fly. As I told him many times... It defies the laws of physics! I send him on his way on a "wing and a prayer". I will, however be brave and fearless to participate in this event of farm fair next summer, and perhaps fly to Europe to be a pilgrim and walk the walk. Life is too short. More car accidents happen than plane crashes statistcally speaking. I DO understand your fears. It is just the right juncture in my life to take that step... You do what feels right, you will be OK. Driving is a wonderful way to see this county's beauty, and I respect that! Molly, I feel 16 at times, and age is a state of mind. I have been blessed with good health. The number is what bugs me!

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  7:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Jenny, but just think of the alternative! I still feel 16 too sometimes, actually I think 19 was a better age for me...can I stay 19 forever? LOL.

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  7:03:46 PM  Show Profile
It all came together for me at the age of 23.

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  7:05:32 PM  Show Profile
23 was when I got married and started having babies, that was a good time too!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile
I graduated from college, and became engaged to my handsome husband to be. I was strong and healthy and everything was just waiting... The world was my oyster, as my mom used to tell me.

Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  7:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls, how about we carpool in '06? I'm in the San Diego area. We could meet up in certain areas and pack into as many cars as we need and caravan! Breaker breaker...we'd have ourselves a convoy! Boy, am I aging myself, or what? All it would take is co-ordination, saves money and is better for the environment :) I'll pick you up on the way Jenny!
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  7:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies I would like nothing better than a trip to the Farm Fair this year, next or any other year. I'm afraid the cost of NJ to Moscow may prove prohibitive for me. I will have to keep checking to see if there are any bargains! I would be thrilled and happy to share lodgings/rental car expenses with any and all. What a treat it would be to meet you all in person, to say hello face to face with the people I invite into my life everyday through this forum. We are like an amazing bouquet of wildflowers, each unique and beautiful but put us all together and we are AMAZING!

I love to fly by the way, the smaller the plane the better! To me it's like a landscape plan come to life!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  9:28:42 PM  Show Profile
I will be in Idaho this weekend, but alas, will have plans in Priest River, ID, that will keep me from treking to the farm. However, I'm definately with you in '06. For those of you who don't like to fly, a road trip is in order. There is a lot of beautiful country to see and it is tremendously educational. My husband and I saw the "world's biggest cow" and the "world's biggest prairie chicken" on a drive from Minneapolis to Seattle. I love the red gingham apron idea. We could have a contest and see who makes the most "original" apron or the most "vintage" apron or the most "fun" etc. It would be fun to see the creativity I'm sure we all possess and I'm sure we all would have a different idea of "red gingham apron".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  9:46:21 PM  Show Profile
I love the red gingham apron idea too!! Could mine have a bib front though???? I am THERE in 2006!! And will carpool with anyone coming thru from Calif for sure!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  11:20:18 PM  Show Profile
I love the idea of red gingham aprons!! Count me in. But mine will have to be a bib, too.

Check Frontier Airlines -- if you can book your tickets out far enough the prices are much cheaper than the major airlines. I always fly Frontier when I go to IL. Have always had great flights, on time, no lost luggage, etc.

It will be a six hour drive for me but I love road trips. Lots of beautiful country to see that I've never been to before.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Should we ever meet...at the Farm Fair Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page