gailsgarden
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Gail
Elsinore Utah
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  09:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi!
I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Gail Butler and I live in Elsinore, Utah. I am a farmgirl at heart. I'm a retired (since 1993) deputy sheriff from Los Angeles County, California, and moved to Utah in 1998 to escape to the country and back to the land of some of my ancestors. I'm in my mid-50's and ready to start a new career (it's never too late, or too early, for a gal to take a new direction, I think) this time as a country girl!

I've had a couple books published and written articles for various publications on subjects such as gold prospecting, self-sufficiency, and gardening. Backwoods Home Magazine published my most recent works and that's pretty much it for career highlights.

I've got an old farmhouse and 1/3 to 1/2-acre left of the original property (former owners of my home sold off the property over the years) and presently I have many hopeful plans for creating a "cottage industry" on the remaining property, hence my e-name of gailsgarden...which is also the name of my budding, enthusiasm-filled business.

My most beloved goals and activites, presently, are gardening my old property and cottage/country-style decorating using items lovingly restored and/or handsewn.

I'm excited, too, because my neighbor down the lane, Libbie (of this website), is having a farmgirl connection get-together this Sunday - my first - and we have lots of plans and great gals coming!

I've been reading some of the postings and love what I've seen and the feel I've gotten from the postings and those who've posted! It's great to be here in this forum with a great group of farmgirls at heart!

Heartfelt regards to all ,
Gail/gailsgarden
www.gailsgarden.etsy.com

...and all things shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well. Teresa of Avila

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  09:43:03 AM  Show Profile
Gail!! Welcome! when I saw that you are from Elsinore my first thought was that you must be Libbie's neighbor!! How fun to have you here too!! I am in Manti..so real close to you!
You sound great..and always fun to have one more Utah gal here!! Welcome welcome welcome!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  11:54:56 AM  Show Profile
Hello Gail, welcome. Its great you have a friend from the forum and a neighbor. You'll love all of it.Glad to have you with us.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  1:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Gail! I look forward to hearing about you "cottage industry". Keep us posted. See ya around the forum. Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  4:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Gail! I know I talk to you all the time, but it's great to "see" you here - enjoy it - the ladies are all great and have SO much knowledge, information and insight - Enjoy!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  7:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, fellow Utah Farmgirl. How far away are you from SLC (me) and Manti (Jenny) Maybe we could get together one of these days.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  6:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Welcome gail,
I'm in the midwest but can't wait to hear how your cottage industry goes. My hope is to someday to at least make enough money from my hobbies to support them. Welcome!!!
Betty Jo

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Hi Everyone! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page