Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Should we ever meet...at the Farm Fair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Should we ever meet...at the Farm Fair Next Topic
Page: of 3

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  05:08:33 AM  Show Profile
Okay, guys it will be a big birthday week-end in 2006 because mine is the 4th of July! If I bring my daughter, hers is the 4th too! I will try to talk her into it, but she has a toddler....It is so sweet the reactions of your hubbies. I have yet to mention this to mine. Like some of the others, he is a little amazed at my chat room interest. I have never done this ever before.

I think since we have so much time to plan, this is really a realistic goal. Now to decide on an apron! But luckily, I have two red ginghams!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 30 2005 05:11:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

PJJ
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Paula
Bristow OK
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  06:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Send PJJ an AOL message
Wow! It's nearly 1900 miles for me. Not sure I can drive that! But I'll "pencil it in" for next year anyway ...

Paula J.

Paula J., with Ty, Cara, Brody, Blue, and Fidget
Go to Top of Page

Beckyanne
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Becky
Dove Creek Colorado
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  07:09:17 AM  Show Profile
Well, I am new to your forum. But by next year will be living in Idaho again and plan to be there too. I just love the getting back to girlfriends and all. After visiting the farm this spring I have become inspired again to crochet and had found some wonderful ventage aprons in an antique shop and bought them for a pattern. I am so much happer with my hands busy. I am on my 3rd apron. The garden is growing and happy the flowers are weeded and I am just smiling.

Love and hugs
Becky
Go to Top of Page

PJJ
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Paula
Bristow OK
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  07:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Send PJJ an AOL message
Welcome, Becky. Glad you're here.

Paula J.

[quote]Originally posted by Beckyanne

Well, I am new to your forum.

Paula J., with Ty, Cara, Brody, Blue, and Fidget
Go to Top of Page

Beckyanne
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Becky
Dove Creek Colorado
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  08:01:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, I think I will really enjoy you all.

Love and hugs
Becky

Its just not home without a line and a flock.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  08:19:57 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Here's me in my first apron!
http://www.thesoapmaven.com/Apron.jpg

I am Louisiana so it will be a heck of a drive! I won't hold him to it of course...if I am there I will just have to bite the bullet and board a plane. I have...I hated it...but it isn't that I can't. Can't isnt in my vocabulary...won't IS!!!

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Soulmate to Jerry for 30 years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life" ~ Bilbo Baggins

If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you need to seriously re-examine your life.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  09:35:53 AM  Show Profile
adorable!!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  10:03:52 AM  Show Profile
I like the idea of having a basis of red gingham for the aprons and adding our own touches to them...so cute!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  10:22:30 AM  Show Profile
Too cute Susan! Looks like a little organdy apron sized just for you! This evening I am going to get some red gingham fabric to sew my farmgirl apron. Thought I would add felt sunflowers to it (State flower of Kansas). Maybe make big sunflowers for pockets!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  3:42:02 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I love it! I'm going to make mine with vintage hankie pockets, and maybe a hankie border on the bottom (since I make hankie quilts, that's who I am!) I'm so excited about next year and I can't wait to see everyone!!!

Susan, what a precious picture of you! I just love it!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

atwell
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

susan
Laporte IN
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  08:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Send atwell a Yahoo! Message
FARMGIRLS!!!! I too am planning to make the big gathering in 06 at MJF!!! Count me in on one of the rooms at the super 8...floor is fine for me!Put me in the no makeup/manicure-give -me-overalls-and -ponytail group.All I need is a hot shower. I will have to fly in however..very sure the ol truck wouldnt make it!!I think this is such a fabulous idea!! Get out of the way!!!!Theres a flock of Farmgirls coming!!!!!!!Maybe we should think about reserving room(s) in advance and maybe post the idea on the chatroom.see who is interested??? I do know when there are large quiltshows and/or conventions at the same place every year it is tough to get lodging sometimes way in advance...Im not sure how big this is so far but it looks like were growing in leaps and bounds!!What does anyone else think about this idea????.also... for anyone who wants to create their own vintage apron ...check out one of the large pattern makers...I think Simplicity...they have brought back some SWEET VINTAGE APRON patterns!!!CHARMING!!later ladies!!!!

susan a.k.a. schnoobie a.k.a tawanda.....

FatQuarterQuiltFarm
Long Arm Machine
Quilting ~and~
Fabric Flea Market
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  08:53:55 AM  Show Profile
Remember that movie "Where The Boys Are"??? This reminds me of that movie...tons of girls piling up in a motel room on spring break...only this should be called "Where the Farmgirls Are"

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  02:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
OH...this is going to be wonderful!!! Just wonderful!!! Think I can, I think I can, I think I can...get on a plane!!!!

Thanks for the compliments farmgirls! I have several aprons my granny and great granny made for me. You won't believe this but I made myself a red gingham apron 6 months ago...full coverage...I will take a picture later.

Love you gals already!

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Soulmate to Jerry for 30 years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life" ~ Bilbo Baggins

If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you need to seriously re-examine your life.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  08:30:30 AM  Show Profile
I have 2 red gingham aprons, I actually collect vintage red aprons! My favorite one goes down past my knees (it's a half-apron) and it is full and flattering, and has red gingham and red tulips (which are my favorite flower) along the bottom...so cute!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  4:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well- I plan to be around next year so I tender this offer- Anyone that lets me know when you arrive in Spokane, Lewiston or even the Pullman airport....I can come pick up!

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  6:58:18 PM  Show Profile
I have a cute red gingham half apron that I can improve on ....add a bib...

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2005 :  10:59:29 AM  Show Profile
I would also be willing to pick up anybody at the Lewiston or Spokane airports if you come next year for Farm Fair. I went this year and you don't want to miss it. What fun! My friend Sandy and I went on Saturday. We did it all--the vendors, the walking tour(I could have spent the rest of the day in the hammock at the Plum Pit), and enjoyed the music while we ate our pita sandwiches(hummus for her and falafel for me) and strawberry shortcake. What a beautiful and relaxing day.

Now my story about meeting up with people from the internet:
Two years ago this August I drove to Portland, OR, to spend 2 days with 10 people I'd never met in person. I even roomed with one of them! We belong to the same internet quilt group(actually I belong to several internet quilt groups, but that's another story)and had decided to have a get-together of the people in the northwest. Two members from the Portland-Vanocuver area made the arrangements and we all met for the weekend in Portland. We laughed, shared, ate and shopped and it was like we'd known each other forever. We now get together for retreats every 6-7 months and will be having our fifth retreat this October at Long Beach. We vary the places so that the same people don't always have to travel so far--like me and my sister--we really live 'in the sticks.' It takes us an hour and a half to even get to a freeway! Nowdays we mostly sew and work on our own projects and there's not so much shopping=~) We have block exchanges, round robins, group projects going on all the time. Last summer they all came to us. We had our retreat in eastern WA because we planned the retreat around the outdoor quilt show at The Buggy Barn in Reardon. We've become such good friends and most of us wouldn't miss a retreat.

It was, and is, an amazing thing! I can see Farm Girl gatherings being the same way. Put your doubts and fears aside and I hope to see you there.

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2005 :  2:59:42 PM  Show Profile
YES, YES, YES, lets all really try to make it next year. What a hoot!I feel like I know some of you, I want to get to know others. It would be, as my 14 y/old says, "the baum". Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Macleigh
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Tennessee
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2005 :  3:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Dear JP, Aunt Jenny, Clare and all other kind ladies,

It does my heart good to see such kindness between people on this site. Sharing a common love not just of land but a true appreciation of others makes me glad.

Thank you all for welcoming me, too. Perhaps '06 will be easier to manage than we all think!

Best,
Macleigh

Hope sustains the farmer. -- Old Proverb
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  11:10:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey Clare -- I'm not much on camping either. I'm hoping to have my own Farmgirl travel trailer by next year. Then my daughter and I will be heading out to Farm Fair 2006. If not I will check into renting one too. It would be really cool if we could meet up somewhere and have a convoy of travel trailers, motorhomes, etc. Wouldn't that be a site pulling up the drive to MaryJane's farm!

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

North Clark County Farmgirls and
Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile
Michele - I always thought the young kids meant "the bomb" like one big exploding good thing! Another place on this site today, I saw the word "bummed" and wondered what our parents thought when we said that for the first time! :)

Farmer MacLeigh - the world has all the makings of a wonderful place if we all truly care about one another. I am glad you feel that here on this site!

jpbluesky
Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 06 2005 12:20:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  12:51:34 PM  Show Profile
I thought it was bomb too. I still say bummed and my mom winces when she hears it still. I guess it could be worse!
We are getting a tent trailer soon...a family freind in Calif gave it to us and my mom is hopefully going to tow it out here for us in a couple weeks..needs a little work but maybe, just maybe I could use THAT! Anyone south of me that would need a ride from here on up is welcome to ride along next year ...I am PLANNING on the trip!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  10:37:03 AM  Show Profile
We might all need to check in to Mary Jane before we all decide to arrive at her farm with trailers and motor homes. You will understand when you see the drive. Might have to book space in a local campground for those and drive up to the fair and festivities.
Unless she has a space on the pasture that she will designate for motorhome and trailer parking it would be difficult to park in her lane let alone turn around to go out.
Just a heads up for all of us.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile
As for the aprons, We could all cross stitch Mary Janes FarmGirl Chapter Leader on the front of our gingham aprons. Or Mary Janes Farm Fan Club or something like that! HMMM?
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  12:54:16 PM  Show Profile
I love that idea! and I agree about us probably needing to find a local campground to "camp" at with our trailers and the like. I am hoping to have my tent trailer by then.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Should we ever meet...at the Farm Fair Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page