debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2024 :  10:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen...I hope all went well with your test yesterday! I'm so happy that you're doing well after your surgery!
Heather....that raccoon's days are numbered...just saying...I can't imagine dealing with several of them like you are! I would be so frustrated!! I used to think they were cute...now I think they are just a nuisance. Yes, most of the fields are dried up this time of year. The grass fields are dry stubble after the straw is baled and hauled off. The grain fields are ripe so they are that color, too. Plus, we have been in a drought for several years and we are only getting allotted enough water to farm only 40-50% of our land. Well, the drought plus having to release water for an "endangered frog". I won't even go into that...ugh. Last winter was HUGE for moisture and snow so hopefully a couple more like it and we'll be in better shape!

Wanda....I can't imagine getting so much rain in so little of time...wow! Hope you get some sunshine soon!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2024 :  12:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen happy anniversary to you and Jon!
Prayers for a good scan result.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

284 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
284 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2024 :  11:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Friday fellow Porch Sitters!

Hope you all have some fun weekend plans - keeping cool and hydrated too! I've been having fun cross stitching, staying in from the heat. I've been enjoying iced dandelion tea - Dandy Blend - it's a nice caffeine-free alternative.

Karen - thinking of you and wishing you a fun trip.

Wanda - hope it's getting a bit fairer where you are.

My son is coming home this weekend for two weeks before his fall semester starts. He'll have his wisdom teeth out next week and then I'm hoping he'll bounce back so we can have a little fun before he goes back.

Take care Wildflowers!

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2024 :  04:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laura - I'm a fellow Dandy Blend lover!! So happy to hear you enjoy it too :) Enjoy the time with your son!!

I'm busy cleaning our little cottage today - it's a switchover day - and then I'll be doing some gardening. Also trying to finish up lesson planning (I homeschool our children and also teach piano). We hope to go camping next week to Newfoundland!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

284 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
284 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2024 :  1:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Joyce :)

Oh - hope you have a great trip to Newfoundland. My sister has that on her bucket list - she wants to see the glaciers floating (I think I have that right). Maybe we will make it there sometime.

My son got his wisdom teeth out yesterday so we are having quiet days for a bit. He seems to be doing well - his girlfriend is here helping "take care" so I think that's making the experience a little more bearable.

I am really enjoying the Dandy - iced and hot. I also got some Butterfly Pea powder but I haven't figured out what to do with that yet!

Hope everyone is doing well during these dog days of summer!

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Wildflower porch Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page