Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 December~month of peace, joy, goodwill toward man.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic December~month of peace, joy, goodwill toward man. Next Topic
Page: of 3

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2021 :  12:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like our Christmas is fine. My youngest daughter and boyfriend were here this weekend since they have work days surrounding Christmas Day. We had a very nice visit together. Next weekend our oldest daughter and hubby will be over on Christmas day so that will be nice as well. We are having a pared down Christmas this year and it seems to be fitting everyone's life much better.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1268 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1268 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2021 :  6:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After waiting two years I will finally have my eye surgery tomorrow so our Christmas will be quiet with just the two of us.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2021 :  11:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay I am so glad for you Judith. 2 yrs was a long tie, I am with you on that one.
You will be in my prayers.

Winnie have a great week, T is all so different this year. Take care and God be with you all!
God bless you all!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2021 :  04:39:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith,
Praying for your surgery and healing yo go well. That is a long time to wait.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  12:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, prayers that your eye surgery went well and that you heal up without complications.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2021 :  08:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Christmas Eve everyone,

I love this time of the year. Just wish we could celebrate as a family but ... I have so much to be grateful. With another round of possible lockdown, I keep my focus on gratitude.

It will be a quiet Christmas, and I'm ok with that. Did a bit of decorating, the tree and some of my creations here and there. Nothing tedious to put away.

Aside from that, not much is going on except ... knitting, handwork and cooking. I'm really enjoying my upright freezer. Makes grocery shopping interesting when it come to sales. Price Chopper had a 2 for one sale on beans ... blanche and freeze that's my thought. They looked so good.

That's pretty much it. I'm content with my life, I guess that's all that mattes! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Dec 24 2021 08:10:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2021 :  08:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Christmas eve Carole! I agree and being content is something so few people are anymore. Glad you are enjoying your upright freezer. Nice to have when the sales hit!

Getting some things made for our Christmas eve dinner with the family tonight. The littles are very excited for tomorrow and then they are heading to see their other grandparents on Monday for a short week. They have cousins there as well and they are pretty much all the same ages. So they enjoy their time with them.

Not sure what our son is doing for tomorrow but we received our gifts from him yesterday. I am hoping that he is planning a visit after the beginning of the year. Have to wait and see how it goes.

Puttering around today doing a bit of laundry and making up beds for our guests coming. It is a very laid back time this year and I am perfectly fine with that and enjoying it.

Hope you all are well and have some time to enjoy the peace and quiet of the holiday.

Judith, Hope all went well with your eye surgery and that you will have a speedy recovery.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2021 :  6:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A very quiet Christmas here in North Carolina. It was 70 degrees today. While it was absolutely beautiful outside it didn’t feel like Christmas weather. Crazy weather. We have been cold all week until today. Hubs and I enjoyed a quiet day at home grilling out. We drove in local neighborhoods to see the Christmas lights. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2021 :  7:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a lovely day though the weather wasn't very nice. It rained most of the day but didn't dampen our spirits. We spent all morning at our daughter's and enjoyed a special breakfast and then exchanging gifts. We came home around 1 and our eldest granddaughter called to say merry Christmas while we were exchanging our gifts with one another. It was so good to hear from her. Miss her family so much. Then at 2 our daughter came over and my brother in law and nephew arrived. We exchanged gifts with them and played games with the kids. They left around 5 and we had dinner and visited then decided to watch a movie. They will stay until Monday so we plan to spend tomorrow visiting with them more. My daughter and family will be going to TN on Monday to see her husband's family and have christmas with them and visit for a week before the children head back to school. So it will be a quiet week for us until they return. Really just loved having the family together today. Definitely missed the far away kids.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 25 2021 7:38:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  07:56:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a nice day with my oldest , her husband, and a good friend. Our youngest was here last weekend so she Face timed with us during breakfast which was nice. It was a beautiful day, so we were outside on the porch most of the time . With older kids now, Christmas has been a lot easier the past few years with this one the easiest and least stressful yet.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1268 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1268 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  12:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the wind blowing and the rain raining we enjoyed staying home. This is the week in between my eye surgery and DH's heart surgery so we are playing it safe. My son stopped by with a CD of 40s Christmas music and my daughter and three grandkids texted so we had the pleasure of family in covid fashion. Ham and broccoli casserole for dinner and strawberry It's It for dessert. Probably the most relaxing Christmas ever.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  1:47:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, that does sound relaxing! I hope that all is going well with your eye surgery recovery. We'll keep your husband in our prayers for his heart surgery.
My husband, daughter, SIL, 2 granddaughters and myself went to my mom's yesterday for dinner and card playing afterward. She lives just 20 minutes south of us. My 2 sisters, their husbands and my 2 nephews were there. Everyone brought something to eat so not just one person was responsible for fixing the entire meal and that was nice. It was good to see everyone and catch up. It's hard to figure how you can live within 20 minutes of each other and rarely see each other! I guess that's life and being busy with our own schedules. My youngest sister suggested that we all start getting together once a month for game night starting in January....a good idea, I think.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  3:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith Prayers for good health for you and your husband. Debbie my youngest daughter and husband came over and we played games. Haven't done that in along time. We actually did a puzzle as well. We talked about doing it more often also. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  4:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Game night would be fun I think!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  5:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, today it was HOT. I never looked but both front and back doors were open. So I'm guessing around 90. Julie had windows open yesterday, but it got a bit stuffy.
My son got up early and drove almost an hour to pick up our Christmas feast. He had ordered a big brisket and two slabs of ribs, from the man who catered Bay's wedding reception. It was so good. First time I've had barbecue in six plus months. The baby was so sweet, and cute. He is a wonderful entertainer. And I think he enjoyed each of his gifts. We did not pile them on. Seems like we each gave him one thing...so five things. His birthday is less than two weeks away. He will get a small quilt from me. It is a farm. I just must sew it up.
I am so blessed. Thank you God.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Dec 26 2021 5:25:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  5:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son called me Christmas eve morning. He told me he was coming to bring me a lift chair. For my Christmas gift. Problem was I had to let him take my two old recliners and the pew bench...so I got really busy and got ready.
Wow he bought a big heavy chair. But now my arms will get a rest. And when my knee goes out again...I can sit and get up comfortably. He is such a good son.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  6:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds really nice Marilyn.

That will make it comfortable for you.
What color is it!

Love you all!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  9:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a perfect gift for you, Marilyn!!! And your son is a good boy!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2021 :  6:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's a wonderful gift, Marilyn. Will help you a lot. Are you going to let your husband use it, too?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 27 2021 8:26:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2021 :  03:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a wonderful gift Marilyn. He is a good son to make sure you are comfortable!

We bought my mom one and my dad bought one after his heart and hip surgery. It really helped him a lot. We still have it, but because he was so tall it is a big one. It has heat and massage. We really don't use them but it was great when JT's mom came and couldn't use the stairs because she was able to sleep in it. It also lays flat like a bed.
When she went home we bought her one to use there.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2021 :  03:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JT gave me a weighted blanket for Christmas and I like it very much. My granddaughter uses one too. I tried one of hers before I decided I wanted one. Some people don't care for them.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 28 2021 03:15:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2021 :  09:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I have never tried a weighted blanket. I guess I have my own weighted blankets, four (4) quilts on top of me! lol It does make moving around a bit challenging. Somehow three (3) of the quilts never seem to follow the one closest to me and I end up with one (1) quilt on met! lol

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2021 :  09:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is said that they can help calm anxiety.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2021 :  6:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have a weighted blanket and it seems just too heavy for me. I don't use it much. We sleep under a flannel sheet and 1 quilt; we add a comforter or another quilt, if needed.

I agree Carole; only one quilt seems to follow us; the others are wherever they go. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2021 :  4:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I am glad you got a lift chair. It will help you immensely with getting up and provide your knee with some assistance to keep it comfortable.

Denise, what is a weighted blanket? I have never heard of one and what is it's advantage? I I used a weighted blanket down here I would probably melt since we do not have long real cold nights like you do up in Ohio.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic December~month of peace, joy, goodwill toward man. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page