Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What we are working on 2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on 2021 Next Topic
Page: of 9

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1268 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1268 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2021 :  11:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice ATC Darlene; you are so lucky to have the ocean practically at your front door, at least when you are home. How much longer will you be at Vibra?

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2021 :  12:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith,
I don’t go to the ocean much and can’t right now but it is beautiful!

With these fires they have the road I go home on closed. So I am not sure how long at this time I will be here.
Take care and thanks.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2021 :  5:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, you round ATC card turned out really cute! I am happy that you can participate in some of the swaps as I know you love to do artistic projects. I was sorry to hear that the road you go on to go home was closed for the awful fires! I hope the fire season can get under better control soon. Your poor state is raging in flames and I feel so bad at all the devastation out there.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2021 :  7:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Winnie! I would like to go home before my dental appointment this month.
This is crazy. and I don’t be.ieve it would be as bad but years ago there was a big thing about not clearing the underbrush and so there is a lot of stuff to fuel the fires. They used to keep it clear by the loggers but too many argued about it and now we’ll you see what is out there to burn. This should clear the forests up . And then there are those crazies out there that like to light fires as well. That big one tha burned the Green fire is under investigation! Poor people! So many have lost there homes! And the poor animals! Very sad!
Thanks again for your prayers!

Love and blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2021 :  03:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh I'm going be in some trouble now. I have to get the Pooh one. Yes I saw the movie Christopher Robin. I have almost all the Pooh movies from when my kids were young. Oh and the typewriter, that is too much, love it!
I haven't seen any of these. Thanks for sharing Carole. The red truck set is cute. Going to check them all out.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2021 :  08:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I had no idea that there were Legos out there like that...so cute! My son and grandson are HUGE Lego fans! I remember when Seth was in grade school and the minute he walked in the door after getting home off of the bus he would drop his backpack and dump out the tub of Legos. It was a good way to unwind, I think.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2021 :  09:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I'm a VIP member (you might want to sign up as they tell you when the product will go live and you get to have first dibs on it ... it's a free program). I ordered the Pooh the day it came out. By the morning they were all sold out! I actually bought two, one for me and one for Pumpkin.

Debbie, Lego's are great .... I'll admit I have very little self control. Trying really had not to press le bouton on R2D2. Call me old fashion, but that's how I think a robot should look! lol

Here is a picture of my space collection:

I'm almost done with the Discovery Shuttle. Quite the complex built. Seven more bags to put together.(2,354 pieces)

The Hubble telescope fit in the shuttle bay. I haven't decided if I'll put it in there or just display it on its own.

Yea, I need to work on my self control ..... maybe I'll work on it tomorrow! ROFLOL

Enjoy your day everyone. And thank you for allowing me to share my passions with you.

Catch you all later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Aug 10 2021 09:27:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2021 :  10:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
never knew Legos had all these special kits to make. They are all quite interesting and detailed. Carole, do you have a special set of shelves that you display them on?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2021 :  11:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, right now they are on top of my quilting cupboard. It would be nice to have a special place. Perhaps when I move into my own home!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2021 :  6:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and my daughter Holly and Lily June love legos! I bought them the Friends Coffee shop for Christmas. Lily June is only 6 and she creates the most amazing things of her own design. like treehouses and a shopping mall and a water park! I love the Special ones too!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2021 :  06:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that things are settling down a bit here I have taken up the crochet hook again. Still don't have a set up spot for my crafts yet but I will. Anyway since I can't get to a lot of it without making a mess I decided I would spend my evenings doing some
crochet. I also have a cross stitch kit I received from my secret sister I may start working on soon.
Anyone else working on anything?
Knitting, puzzles, painting? What are you crafty farms girls up to?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2021 :  06:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I can’t get around I have gotten to doing different crafts at the same time. Right now I am working on painting rocks, mostly scenery, I just started to do one of those square plastic canvas Kleenex boxes, and just started a Art class on line and our first project was abstract painting in acrylic. I am not into abstract much but I do like this painting, and of course there has to be some glitter in it somewhere so it shines in one spot.
It is keeping me busy anyway.
I am always watching Out for pictures I can try to paint, If you want to send me a picture I would love to try to paint different areas.

Love you all and thanks for being out there!

Darlene

Have a good day.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2021 :  06:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole those are neat projects in legos you have done! Nice!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2021 :  10:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am finishing up a "shawl", which has turned out to be more like a triangular shaped scarf. It's got a cable running down one side. I am within just a couple of hours of having it done! Yeah, me!!! I love that feeling of finishing a project. I also love that feeling of STARTING a new project, unfortunately...haha!
After that, I have another knitted cowl done in 3 shades of gray. I'm almost half way finished with it. I've been treating myself to sitting down with my knitting either in the late afternoon or early evening with some tea and relaxing.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2021 :  3:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are going to be very pretty Debbie!

It’s so nice to be done with one project and to start on a new one!

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2021 :  4:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Debbie, I agree - I seem to start a lot more than I finish!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2021 :  04:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked on cleaning out the pantry yesterday. Now it is organized and holding the extra dishes and small appliances.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2021 :  12:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been working on swaps at the main Forum, reading some more books in my stack, and just catching up on this and that. Does pulling weeds count?? And cleaning up a gazillion acorns on your back porch? LOL!! Basically, I am just lurching from this thing that needs doing or that thing that needs doing. October is one of my favorite months and I try and be outside as much as possible. The month has been pretty hot but no rain so early mornings and some evenings have been really pleasant.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2021 :  09:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gals, seems like I haven't posted forever. I miss you. I have been really purging and organizing my sewing room. I have decided to focus on only those things that interest me and let go of the rest. It's a great feeling.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2021 :  10:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to go through things and rearrange things too and do an art class and get ready for surgery too.
Besides working on ATC Swaps, I have been working on a cute plastic canvas tissue cover for my youngest daughter, it is going slow but I got the top done. It has a cute pit bull dog face on the sides. I might get lucky and have it done by Christmas. I have been making some cards that is taking a lot of time, hard on my brain for ideas. They are more like post cards for Halloween! We shall see!
Well have a good day sweet ladies! Take care!
Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1268 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1268 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2021 :  11:56:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a friend visit from out of state and three of us had a great time working on junk journals. I'm trying to stop signing up for things for a while and finish up commitments to clear the calendar for DH's surgeries.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2021 :  3:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a fun time, Judith.

Boy can I relate to commitments, Judith. No surgeries coming up, but so many unfinished projects. I'm not signing up for swaps, mainly to give me time to finish up some projects. I have 7 Christmas projects, 2 Fall projects, and an uncountable number of miscellaneous. I'd like to finish some smaller projects like pot savers, microwave bowl potholders and baked potato bags for friends for Christmas.

I also have a quilt to make for a wedding present for my nephew and his bride - I hoped to give them one of the scrappy quilts I had already finished, but my sister told me they are more modern and their colors are brown, white, grey, and black, with maybe a touch of blue. LOL! I found a very nice looking quilt called Simply Serene that uses the 5" charm packs and when on vacationn found the perfect charm packs for it. Now to cut out the remainder of the pieces. I'm hoping to borrow the GO! die for the black/white HSTs I need from a friend if she has it; otherwise, I will be cutting them myself. LOL!

I also want to thin down books, patterns, kits, and panels I have that I just KNOW I will never finish. I may post them on MJF Marketplace for sale. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1268 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1268 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2021 :  12:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda -- what size finish HSTs?
Books are my downfall. I usually bring a bag of books to the library when I go but they haven't been accepting them during covid. Goodwill is accepting them but it's a farther drive and then I tend to bring home more. We stopped there to get a book for one of my friends to make her journal and I found all three of the Tim Holtz books. Remember that song from Oklahoma -- "I'm just a gal who cain't say no"? That's me when it comes to books.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2021 :  8:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Unfinished size of the HSTs is 5" to alternate with the 5" charm pack squares; so they finish at 4-1/2". Do you have the die? Here is the pattern I am making.

I like books, too; unfortunately, I don't read as much as I should. Haven't ever read the Tim Holz books.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Oct 24 2021 8:33:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  09:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it amazing how commitments and projects suddenly pile up?? I for one try hard to not let that all happen but I admit it seems to catch me off guard more these days. I can remember my Mom saying the exact same thing and I think it might have to be an age issue. I seem to take longer to do things in general or just run out of time or energy more frequently than a decade ago. Bonnie, I think you are very wise to pare down your projects to match both your interest and your energy. But, it is hard to let that all go. I keep telling myself that I will get to that soon and soon never happens! It is also a matter of true interest for me. I really need to be more discriminating about what is realistic and interesting to spend time on. As we age, we change in all of our levels of interest and make time for other things.

Linda, good luck with this wedding quilt. It is quite interesting!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on 2021 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page