levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  05:29:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a question. I was using a pen made specifically for re-inking iron on transfers. I put my transfer on and noticed a smear of it on the item I'm stitching, apparently I got it on the iron from the first one I did. Does anyone know what I can use to get it off the iron?

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  09:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, they do sell iron cleaners. You might want to try that.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  11:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have some fine steel wool? Like OOO or OOOO?

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  1:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing too exciting down here to pass on. I am having fun with my MJF Weather and Tree badges while just working on handwork or other small projects around the house. My toe is a bit less painful that at first so I can get out and walk again in the neighborhood to just get out of the house and not go stir crazy!! LOL!! With all this staying at home routine, I am getting in the mood to do something like reconfigure how things are set up in my LogCabin room. No real reason other than just do something different. The problem is , this space is just a bedroom and there isn't a ton of ways to actually set things up differently. But, I keep looking at the layout and thinking about moving furniture in my mind. Most everything in here I can move on my own so that makes it even easier. DH likes things the way they are in the house so my cabin room is totally my call and I find that an exciting challenge these days. Staying cooped up all the time is creating new ideas in my mind. I wonder if I will actually come up with anew plan?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  3:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've used steel wool before to clean an iron.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  4:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This iron is a Bosch and I'm not sure of the finish on the bottom. I do have the iron cleaner and will see if that works first. If not I'll see if I can try the steel wool. Thank you for the ideas everyone!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  7:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad your toe is better. There's not much worse than not being able to move about without pain.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  04:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
Cleaning has been a big help to me. I did move a few things around in the bedroom Saturday. Only two small pieces.
Never bothers JT. In fact it seems to have prompted him to get some projects done. When we finished painting on Saturday, I was happily surprised to see him paint the door to his office. It was in dire need. He didn't have the heart to paint over where we had measured our kids and grandkids on the door frames. I think I'd better take a picture of those before move. We may be painting the upstairs hallway soon. I'm hopeful. We've lived here 20 years and we have never bothered to paint it. It looks like it too.

Judith,
I have to agree with you there. I was awake with leg and back pain last night. I can handle it during the day but when it keeps me awake and I get over tired it makes for a rough day ahead. Going to ice it again as that seems to help a lot.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  04:42:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I always find it helpful to get out my grid paper and draw off the room. Since my floors are tile it is pretty easy to measure...approximately.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  05:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night a little after ten, I was on my way to bed, when I realized the coffee pot was not ready, so I poured the water in, placed the coffee filter with its coffee in and closed the pot. Since there was some cold coffee left, I took it over to the sink and poured it out.I had just put the glass pot back in place when I felt the P A I N!!!!!!! A yellow jacket was stinging the side of my left foot. I was screaming at him to stop. I tried to kill him with a paper towel tube. When that did not work...my cane became my weapon. Then I went to get the cream. Off to bed with pain, Pain, and more pain! Finally at 1: 30am I moved from the bed to the recliner. I have as asleep pretty quick. After lunch yesterday we were talking about flying things that sting. Julie said Dawn dish soap with some water in a plastic jar( that was my son's comment) would kill them. So off they went,( had, Julie and my hubby) with a jar of soapy water. When they were done there were mad and read yellow jackets, and red wasps...but I guess one who was MAD somehow came inside!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 29 2020 05:06:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  07:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no, Marilyn! Nasty little creatures...I imagine your foot is going to be SORE today! Hope it is better soon!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  07:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Debbie.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  08:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, those yellow jackets really hurt and the welts last for a couple of days!! I am sorry you got stung and I hope it is better today. Miserable pests!!

Denise, the one chore Warren loves to do and it really good at is painting. As a result we have painted out house inside and out several times over the past 37 years. But now, it needs a lot of painting again in places, we are much older, and nobody feels like really tackling the job! LOL!! A fresh paint job really does spruce up a room or door. Amazing what a fresh coat can do.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  11:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have started a sun bonnet or sun hat swap on the MJF main forum under Swaps. I'm hoping some of you may also want to join in. I'd love to have you join.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  6:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reminder about the cleaner for the iron Linda. I used it and it came right off. I'm not sure but it looks like it took a tiny bit of the coating off the edge of the iron. I will have to be more careful and just trace the patterns I want to reuse next time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Jumping into June~2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page