Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 June 2019~ In the good ol' summertime
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic June 2019~ In the good ol' summertime Next Topic
Page: of 6

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 31 2019 :  7:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you believe it is June already? I for one am glad to see May and all the rainy,stormy weather go. At least I hope June brings us sunshine days.
We have Flag day coming up the 14th.
June always make me think of fireflies and watermelon, flip flops and lemonade. Sitting on the front porch in the evenings.
I wish everyone a fantastic month and remind us all to make everyday count. A new month is like a mini new year. Of course each day can be that way too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 31 2019 :  9:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed and I are heading to Arkansas for a week starting tomorrow, then to Oklahoma for 5 days. We are trying to find a route that will not be flooded to get there. We will be north of the flooding, but going through areas that might have some closed roads.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2019 :  04:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise well said. Yes, it's like a mini-New Year - blank slate for us to write on. I wonder what all we will have to say and do through out the month.

Linda enjoy your trip and I hope you find a route away from all the flooding.

I'm tired from making the estate sales yesterday so my day planner has only 3 things to-do today. 1. read my Bible - 2. can broth - 3. work on wool chair swags. Ought to add one more and that's to sit on side porch and just be in the moment.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2019 :  08:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy June everyone! Denise, I like your perspective that June is like a mini New Year and we have lots of new possibilities for the seconds half. Fun way to look at this month. We finally have gotten some afternoon showers, but oh my how the humidity has returned and the afternoon temps are still way up there in the 90s before any shower comes. The heat this year has been punishing!

My Summer reading list keeps expanding and I have so many books I want to dig into. There are lots of other activities I want to do and time is limited. Lately, I signed up,for a few swaps and have been having fun making things to go in the packages. I really enjoy taking the time to get to know other Farmgirls better and swaps are a good medium to do just that. We have such a gathering of interesting and caring women at MJF and HenHouse!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2019 :  11:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catching up with everyone today.
Linda your babies are so cute! I don't have advice on the housing situation but it sounds like you haveg received some wise feedback on what to watch for.
I am hoping to get into my sewing room this week and start working on some Christmas gifts.
Winnie my reading list just keeps getting longer. Lol.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 02 2019 11:35:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2019 :  1:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the good old summer time...I bought ice cream: Blue Bell PEACH and Dutch Chocolate...I even bought some cones and we had peach ice cream cones yesterday. I think it sounds pretty good this afternoon too.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2019 :  2:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday we went to a Bluegrass concert at the courthouse lawn in Mountain View, AR, with friends we had met here last year. Today we went with them to the Marina and rented a boat for 3 hours - we had a great time just sitting in the boat and riding in the water. They have had lots of rain here, too. In fact, the normal parking lot is covered with water, so parking is where the boat trailers park and they had a temporary extension to the pier to walk to the marina shop where we rented the boat. So many trees along the edge of the lake (Greers Ferry Lake) - I hope the water goes down soon so the trees don't drown. :-) We are here for a week, but boated today since the rest of the week is a 20-50% chance of rain. I brought lots of games to play with our friends; also brought my sewing machine and several projects in case I really got bored. PLUS Ed and I are going to Grand Lake, OK, for 5 days next week, and rain is predicted for all 5 of those days, too. GRRR! Rain, rain go away!!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2019 :  5:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, how are your chair swags coming along?
I am excited for June...I don't know why, really! We are headed into our busy harvest season and June is the last quiet we will have until September. I like the idea of each month being like a new year!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2019 :  5:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, thanks for asking. One is finished except for sewing on 7 buttons that I decided to add yesterday and the backing & ties. Since I didn't follow the pattern exactly I wanted to make one to work out the kinks. I changed it up as I went along. I'm happy with the results. The next one should go faster.

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2019 :  5:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was smart thinking to experiment with your first one! You'll have to post a picture when you get it finished...I'd love to see it!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2019 :  6:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone is happy that June has arrived! Linda, I hope your two vacations turn out well.Sounds like you are off to a good start.
Sara sounds like your project is going great. I suppose most of us take liberties with what ever we make...especially when it is for our own home.
DEbbie, do you drive a tractor? That is something I never did learn to do. What all do you grow and harvest???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2019 :  7:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son has a coastal hay field in front of the horse barn. The neighbor left his big long flat bed goose neck trailer here(to add to the mess.) So my son pulled that trailer out of the way, and put an electric fence around some of the tall grass. Then he turned in four calves. That was Saturday and today they had pretty well eaten that patch down. So I suppose he will move the wire to another spot. Usually they cut, rake, and bale this first cutting...but with all the rain they have not been able to catch a dry, low humidity week.I love the rain.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2019 :  05:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Debbie. I don't post pictures but if one of my nieces or nephews drop by they may post for me.

Marilyn to me patterns are like recipes they are only guidelines that we can add our own twist to. Once we know the rules we can bend them.

Last evening I was looking out my living room window that overlooks the sideporch when I saw a pair of brown thrashers in the sideyard. They were thrusting their beaks into the dirt and then I saw one fly off with something in its beak. It finally dawned on me we had just had a heavy rain and earthworms were coming to the surface. First time I have actually seen birds go after earthworms.

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  07:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, Yes! I do drive tractors! Or combines, trucks...whatever they need help with!
Right now we are growing mostly bluegrass for seed. We also grow wheat and malting barley. With the late snow that we had, they decided to not plant any spring wheat or barley because they couldn't get into the fields on time. That will probably work out for the best as we might be short on water this year.
Combine driving is probably the easiest....you rarely go over 1.2 mph. It's slow...and can be kind of boring...but I've learned how to drive and read at the same time! Makes the time go by faster!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  07:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone , It has been awhile since I was on. Which upsets me greatly. Finally am trying to get things straightening out. And I need thoughts and prayers for me. I have Arthirtis in my knees where I can hardly walk, my Aunt that has ALS, they put a small stomach tube in and she gets feed that way. She is going down so fast. I go see her as much as possible. They gave her 2 to 5 yrs. If she makes till Christmas I will be surprised. So just keep me in your thoughts and prayer.
Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  08:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, it's good to see you no matter when you can be here. I'm so sorry about your Aunt. Also the suffering you deal with in your knees from arthritis. Prayers for you.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  08:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh we love you! Sorry you are in such pain! Will the doctor do anything for your knees?
I am so sorry for your aunt maybe with the feeding tube she can get more nutrients and will get stronger.
I will put her in my prayers and you as well. ""
You all please take care!
I love you all!
Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  08:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Marlee! So happy to see you ! I will keep both you and your aunt in my prayers

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  11:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee,my son wrecked out both knees in 2017. With the first one he went to the oroth dr. Who said surgery. My son said no. But it has been a miserable time for him. Last night he told me that he is pain free. Two doses of 1,000 mg Green Roads cannabis oil each day has taken his pain away. I can't afford what he is taking...but I am finally getting better...much less pain. I'm taking some cannabis oil from Lazarus Naturals. It is still costly but not as much as my sons.
He began by taking 350 mg, then he did 550mg, then 1,000mg. That is the dosage that works for him.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  12:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is interesting, Marilyn. Maybe I should take that for the arthritis in my left hip. That is the CBD oil, right? A shop here sells it; maybe I should get some?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  12:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - Is the Lazarus the Full Spectrum CBD oil from Shark Tank?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  6:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no idea Linda. I don't watch tv. My son told me he thought it was a good company.

Linda does full spectrum mean it has a tiny bit of THC in it???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  6:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 05 2019 6:53:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  6:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Green Roads tastes a lot better than the Lazarus.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  9:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, so sorry about your pain...and about your Aunt. Prayers sent for you both.
June has been wet. Finally we got sunshine yesterday and today. We finally got rototilled and now if the sun stays out we can plant. Hello to all.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  9:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Bonnie. We are about to get more Blessing rain. But God has been good to let Mr. Sun come to visit also.I hope your garden will be a good one this year. God bless you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic June 2019~ In the good ol' summertime Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page