Page: of 10

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  12:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, garages are the worst. many of the boxes from when I sold my "city" house 3+ years ago are still there. And I know that if I haven't needed what's in them, I most likely DON'T! Hopefully two items in my garage will be picked up this week buy people who responded on Facebook Marketplace - a twin antique iron bed and a set of WeatherTech floor mats. There is so much more there to post, but I need to get TO it. Some boxes of books I may just donate to the local library - if they want them.

And Ed's garage is even worse. We can hardly get another small thing in his. And his property, too - he has several cars and trucks that don't run; he also has 3-4 Dodge Little Red Express trucks in various stages of disrepair and boxes of original parts. He does have the name of a guy who wants Little Reds, and it will be so nice if he buys ALL of them. However, to get one of them and the extra parts OUT of the garage, we will have to clean a large path, because it is on the OTHER side from where the door is. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Apr 20 2019 12:24:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  12:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Charlie was severely dehydrated. They thought a virus or pancreatitis.
Thankfully it was neither.
We did some major clean out and made a couple trips to the dump. I have to get containers for the stuff we are keeping until we get the building done. Storing what we can in the shed.

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 20 2019 12:56:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  5:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, how old is Charlie?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  5:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlie is 9. He seems to have been ok today. The fever was gone until this evening but that was a low grade. She is pushing fluids so that is good.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  5:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad he is better. Some people just don't drink a lot of fluids. My husband drinks a sip of water while I drink a glass of water. I send two water bottles in his lunch box each day. He drinks one. Wade will drink two and sometimes three. Hopefully Charlie will be more aware of his body's needs in the future.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  8:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know I don't drink enough water, either. I really dislike the taste of water so I put some of those fruitie sweeteners in it.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  9:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is what he drinks too Linda.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2019 :  07:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor little Charlie to be so sick! Glad that he is responding to therapy and feeling better.

Denise, you sound like you have been really tackling the backlog of stuff we all collect over the years!! You go Girl!! It is hard to tackle eons of this and that and make decisions about what to keep and what to move on. In my opinion, paring down takes real courage because, in an odd sort of way, that stuff we are looking at represents years of our lives that are over. I find that when I get rid of stuff, I have this twinge that I am tearing off a piece of me too. It is weird how stuff can have all this emotional pull on our heartstrings while still being in the way and long past its use. It gets complicated at times and I think that is why paring down is sometimes very hard for me.

Happy Easter everyone!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2019 :  12:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie
It is hard especially when I was doing the house. But with garage it is so much easier because if it is no longer useful we are letting it go. My biggest problem will be storage while we decide what to do with the garage. It is in very bad shape and really needs rebuilt. It may end up that we just use a smaller building for gardening and lawn tools and storage fpr th the other things we use. Maybe a carport type on one side.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 21 2019 12:42:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2019 :  2:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Downsizing/cleaning out is not easy at all - things bring/hold memories and we don't want to let go. I find the same probkem in my collection of fabrics. I am trying very hard to make things tht use up what I have - like finishing UFOs that are started and using what I have for new projects. That being said, I just received in the mail 8 (yes, 8) Christmas Red Truck panels I ordered to make a new Christmas quilt. LOL! I need to STOP buying fabric - I've said that before, too. There is a saying - if you see fabric you like you'd better buy some (1-2 yards) because often it is not ever made again. I have a lot of fabric of this gender. I also have fabric that I hate to cut up because I'm sure that when I do, I will find a better project that would have been great for that fabric. Anyone else have this problem? LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2019 :  8:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I recently found several it is in a fun where I suppose I put them when attempting to clean up my mess.
I tend to hoard my very favorite pieces of fabric...But recently I have been making shilly shallys with some of them. The pieces left make nice mug rugs or pot rests (a larger pot holder). I use these on my table and also on the glass shelves in my refrigerator, when it is bed time and the pot of soup or ??? Is not cool yet.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2019 :  8:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I am chuckling at your new fabric because I have the same disease...my eyes sew faster than I do, so when I see something new, I think...I can make that. Bingo, more stuff in the pile!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  07:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I headed out and took care of the chickens.
Said goodbye to our Easter company and came in to do some reading. While sitting here I felt a bug in my hair and thank goodness I did because it was a big old tick. That is the second one I have had in 4 days. One small one was crawling on my leg Saturday. It was trying to attach because it was itching I found it. Hadn't been on long and this one today was crawling. Going to have to wear long sleeves now. May need to let the chickens do some roaming. We had the snake in the basement so I think I am not looking forward to summer as much as I was.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  07:50:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise so happy you found the ticks before they could become imbedded. It's always a little scary to find ticks crawling on our bodies. So far ticks have not been a problem here and I'm surprised because of all the squirrels around. Annie is protected from fleas, ticks, and heartworms. Maybe that helps to keep ticks out of my yard. There's a lot of birds so they may eat them.

Speaking of birds I saw the owl this morning. At 7:30a.m. Bobbie and I were standing by her car when the owl flew low over our heads and flew into the big oak on the corner. He was so low I could see his color which is brown. He's a beauty. Before I only saw him when it was darker and he looked black.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  10:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not seen an owl in quite a while, nor have I heard one. We do have red tailed hawks. When my son was building fences and gates long ago, he framed each gate with pipe frames...high enough to easily get a tractor and, or a load of hay through each gate. The top of the gate frame is a favorite spot to sit, for hawks.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  1:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ticks are a problem here too. Mostly in the woods. Try a lint roller over yourself to remove them.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  1:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a good idea Bonnie, I never thought of that, I hate those things.
I love owls and it is scary when they fly in front of your car when they dive for something.
I took a quilting class once, I loved doing that and the material was so pretty, that was an expensive hobby for me. I have drawers full of fabric, I plan on using someday soon after I work on painting and other ideas..
I am slowly getting rid of things. I am thinking of taking some to an auction, we shall see!

Hugs everyone

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  2:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will need to buy another lint roller now. Great idea Bonnie!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 23 2019 2:15:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  2:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since we get very few real freezes, the ticks and fleas down here in Florida are year around and awful!! When you have a cat or dog, it is a constant battle because they get immune to the medications and you have to switch. The problem is that you are always switching to the newest med and that is always the most costly. It is one problem I don't miss while we are currently pet less. Our woods also can have the ticks that cause Lyme disease so we constantly have to worry about tick bits down here. A few years back, we had a friend, who has lived here his whole life, and he got a tick bite that gave him Rocky Mountain Fever and we are a loooooonnnng way from the Rocky Mts!! He had to be hospitalized for a few days and was desperately ill from the attack. Ticks and fleas can be more than just a nuisance.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  2:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes they can Winnie. Our neighbor has had Lymes and he suffers with a lot of pain now as a result of it. We try to be very careful and keep the grass short all around where we walk. I don't really go in the woods at all nowadays.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  4:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My azaleas are finally in full Bloom! They made it thru the 48 hours of hard rain and a cold low Temp! Pretty April day here today! Sunny and 78!
My clematis vine bloomed Easter Sunday!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  4:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty Connie!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  4:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, WOW, your azaleas are beautiful!!!!
Your clematis find is pretty too. Mine is about 24 years old and has never bloomed.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  4:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie your azaleas are beautiful. Azaleas are in bloom all over town. Most are the color of yours.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  5:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Beaitoful azaleas, Connie. Wish I could grow them easily. They just don't work for me.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Springing into April~2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page