levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2019 :  05:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What kind of plants do you put in your tipsy pots?

Marilyn, Cash is too cute in his hat. We have to keep our fur babies safe from the sun too!
Ty likes to lay on the rug at the back step in the morning to sun himself but I can't let him do that on hot days.

We are still working in the garage. My OCD can't stand the shape it is in. I have been trying to get everyone on board for a long time and now that it is just the two of us we are going to try and store the stuff we want to keep somewhere else so we can either tear down and rebuild or try to repair. I'm not sure the latter is an option. It was in bad shape when we bought the place and we've really never done what we thought we would. Now it is time.
Of course now we have my dad's things in there. I found his fishing poles last night. Yay! we did a lot of fishing together. When I was young and after he moved in with us. Well as much as we could. He was never a patient fisherman. I love it though! I digress. So the garage is on my agenda everyday unless it rains, until we are finished.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 10 2019 06:02:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2019 :  12:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing about fishermen...One pole is never enough! My husband has several...He used to fish a lot, then he and his friend began fishing for stripers.Not fit to eat. I begged them to fish for crappie or bass or catfish...no those fish don't challenge you or fight. So now that they are old and have ailments, they can't navigate riverbanks, without falling down. So no more fishing I guess.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 10 2019 12:45:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  1:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that is too bad Marilyn, all those fish you mention above are so tasty, I haven’t had them in years!

Maybe later!
Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  2:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, chives, you can do all herbs. I do petunias, dianthus, pansy, minture Roses, lantana. Anything does well!
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Apr 11 2019 2:42:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  2:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Connie!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  6:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, everyone has been busy, I see. On our vacation so far we have seen the El Rancho Hotel (famous for all the stars who have stayed there over the years) in Gallup, the Canyon de Chelly in Chinle, and the Hubbell Trading Post in Ganado (the last 2 both National Monuments) on Saturday on our way to Flagstaff; visited Bearizona on Sunday, a great animal park in Williams, AZ; taken a trip on the Verde Canyon RR in Clarkdale, AZ on Monday; gone to the Grand Canyon on a tour Tuesday; taken a tour of Flagstaff and visited three National Monuments yesterday; and today went to the Grand Falls, aka the Chocolate Falls, just east of Flagstaff. We are seeing a LOT and enjoying the trip. Tomorrow it is supposed to be very cold so we will stay in, wash clothes, relax, pack, and get ready for our trip down to Gilbert, AZ, on Saturday. On the way down we plan to stop in Jerome so Ed can see the King Gold Mine Museum and I can browse the shops, and possibly in Prescott Valley to visit an online Pinochle friend if she is available. We will be staying in Gilbert with a grade school/Jr. Highh/High School classmate for 5 days before starting the trip home. Still deciding whether to take the southern or northern route back to east Texas. WHEW! We've been busy.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  8:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you have been seeing the sights, Linda! Do you sleep in it read a book or stitch or???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  11:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
;We aren't in the motorhome this trip, we are in my car. Ed won't let me stitch and I can't read much in the car. He says I will miss the scenery/sights along the way. GRRRR!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  12:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the joys of being married! For years I drove us around. Now he wants to drive. Ok, since I rarely drive, I rarely buy gasoline!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  07:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, that sounds like so much fun! That area of the country is on my bucket list. It makes Brad crazy if I knit while he's driving! He says he can see me throwing my yarn out of the corner of his eye. Haha!! I hate to waste hours just sitting. He says the same thing... I will miss the scenery and wildlife!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  07:43:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to crochet while he drove. 30 minutes to the nearby big town. I completed a good many projects. He did not fuss, since we travel that path so frequently. I have noticed a lot of construction, etc since he drives now.
My guys and Bay are traveling today, to a new job, in the next county over, but it is a bit more than an hour to get there. They left home at 7:30 to meet at the lumberyard, and be on their way. But at 8:30 they were back, for small tools and the plans!!! Of course Shadow wanted to go with them, so I had to go outside and hold his collar until they were two miles away, to the highway. Then Bear, Lacey and Shadow began to play. I was trying to get to my car and safety. when Bear ran into me. Of course he did not mean to run into me but he is so big! He thinks he is still a puppy!
He didn't knock me down but scared me. I think I heard a humming bird, I have a climbing, thornless rose beginning to bloom. Now the feeder is in the sink, waiting to be cleaned and filled.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 12 2019 07:45:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  07:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn it's been a while since Annie ran into me. She seems to know when I am having a bad day and will watch her step around me. When I am going slowly up and down the deck stairs she always stays behind me and doesn't try to pass me.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  08:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take care everyone!

Love you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  10:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, your Annie is a jewel. Bear was playing with Lacey. That was the first and hopefully the last time I will turn my back on them.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  12:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never had my dogs run into me but I've sure had to step fast when they get in front of me. Like taking a big giant hop step so I don't trip over them. I've almost fallen over Tybee twice in the past week. That has to stop because I'm not willing to break something because I fall over him.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  3:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't had dogs for quite a while, but I have been tripped up by many a cat - they seem to like to change directions. Calli does this now, especially if she knows I am going towards the food dish. LOL! I try to pay attention now, knowing that she will change directions at the drop of a hat. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  6:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You just can’t be sure where they are going to swerve to, silly babies. I love them.
Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2019 :  8:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Twister, our big old cat bugs me every night, until I give him his treat...salmon pate! He likes the kind in the split apart package. He will not give up. He knows the cabinet it is in and waits there. If I only give him one section...He will get up each and every time I go to the bathroom during the night, to meow ...hoping I will give him more.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2019 :  4:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today went nothing like I thought it would. Isn't that always the way? But, we managed to get our taxes done and that is a huge thing for us. I am for the most part quite organized so it went fairly smoothly. It's a good thing because every time I started to do something else I was stopped and asked where such and such is. LOL.
However two things, that have nothing to do with taxes,eluded me as far as where I put them. So the hunt is on and one of them is needed for an appointment I have on Tuesday. Praying I can find it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 13 2019 6:08:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2019 :  4:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise that sounds like me!!!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2019 :  4:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, Mr. Twister sounds like my Cat Opie.
Connie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2019 :  6:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, I have you in my prayers Denise,
I understand that!
hugs and love
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2019 :  06:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Made my morning rounds checking on my gardens. All three yellow roses have buds - my newest planted in March, Mrs. Oakley Fisher; last year's Republic of Texas; and the year before that Rise & Shine.

The sage in raised bed is blooming so the bees and butterflies will have another herb to feast on. The lavender looks like it may be blooming soon. First lavender I have ever had that survived our Texas winters and summers. I ordered it for two reasons. The first and most important was it could handle heat. The second was it's name - Sarah.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2019 :  07:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lavender is something I have not been able to grow. Last year my husband brought home two little plants, and I planted them. One died within three days. So I dug the other one and moved it from rich soil to just sandyloam...It lingered and died. Then I read they like crabby soil with rocks, where it is hot, and don't fuss over them. I will try again.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2019 :  07:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn when books and on-line nurseries say full sun and herbs can take the heat I don't think they are referring to our Texas heat. I have found all my herbs like shade in the afternoon. And like you said most herbs don't take to rich soil. They do well in poor soil with good drainage. They don't like to be fussed over for sure. When I first started growing herbs I killed them off with too much watering and TLC.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Springing into April~2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page