TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  7:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was exactly what I thought! My husband says I am parinoid. But after a man was stabbed, in a robbery at Walmart in Eastland, Texas, forty miles away, I believe we all need to be so very careful.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  04:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that our visit with Mom is over it is time to get back on track with some things. It is dark and cloudy this morning so I will be doing my paperwork and inside things. I love to have company but I love to have my routine too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  05:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had planned to work in the yard this morning but we had thunder storms last night so I will have to wait for it to dry a bit. Yesterday Annie killed her first snake of the season, a baby snake of unknown sort but that doesn't matter to me - it's one less snake I have to worry about when outside. Whether it walks, crawls, slithers, climbs, or flies it's not safe in Annie's backyard. Yes, she got an extra treat for being such a good hunter.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  05:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your stories of Annie! They make me smile, or laugh out loud!
Late yesterday afternoon, I went to my son's house to see Bay a minute. Before I went inside I saw a rough stock rodeo event...sort of. There are two wild and crazy two year old ponies, that were in their yard. Wade decided to take them back where they belong, but they had other ideas. It was funny...two black ponies being chased in circles by a man on a four wheeler! Finally they left the yard, running hard, with Bear, Lacey, and Shadow in hot pursuit, barking their lungs out, and bringing up the rear a four wheeler and My son. I would say that I hope he penned them, but the stinkers have learned to open gates.

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 25 2019 05:47:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  05:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for Annie! I detest snakes and mice!
The ones we have here are rat snakes but they don't do that job very well around here.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  06:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When my mother was dying her older sister, her husband and son would come and stay with us. I was teaching and would get up early make coffee and leave. They were on their own during the day but I came home and fixed a big supper each night. It was so nice to have them, but it was both nice and lonely when they headed home. Like you said getting back into your regular pattern is nice.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  06:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems my to do list keeps getting longer. So I must get moving. Hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll check back later!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  06:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a blessed day everyone.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  07:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, Annie would love to run with your dogs. She's a sprinter and not a long distance runner. She gets winded chasing up and down the back fence with neighbor's dogs. She is fast enough to catch a squirrel now and then.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  07:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed is working on his to-do list. Lol. Me, too.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2019 :  04:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, here's to you and Ed checking off items on your to-do lists.

Today Betty is going to Atwoods Farm & Ranch Store for elephant ear bulbs and flowers that are on sale. I got all excited about what I wanted. Then I slept on it and came to my senses. It's one thing to buy pretty plants in early spring - it's another to care for them in the heat of summer. Eighteen plants I ordered in Jan are to be delivered tomorrow so I will be happy with those and come August I will be oh so thankful I didn't buy more today.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2019 :  04:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woke this morning with a horrid headache. They come during weather changes like this. I love change of season but I hate the allergies and headaches that accompany them. Have a good day everyone!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2019 :  04:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I am so sorry. Hope the headache eases and you have a good day.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2019 :  07:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I may go to Atwood’s today - I need some elephant ear bulbs. There was a large plant here when I bought the house 9 years ago and it died several winters ago.

I also hate the allergies that come with seasonal weather changes. It’s funny, since I moved to the country they haven’t been quite as bad as they were when I lived in a city. But they are still there. I hope your headache goes away, Denise.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2019 :  2:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone is busy today, I changed my toilet seat todaly it looks so nice, not easy to get to those bolts but I did it. Take care Denise I hope you feel better tomorrow.
Sara I bet your plants will be beautiful!
Linda’s enjoy your shopping.

Take care, I love you all!

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2019 :  4:27:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, prayers. I'm going thru the same thing. I'm using my saline solution every time I go in a different out.
Connie
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2019 :  4:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy everyone ! Denise, I am sorry you are feeling under the weather. Allergies this year seem to be worse down here. Everything bloomed at once and it has been a month of thick pine and oak pollen. Now all the grasses and weeds are growing like mad. While I have a lot of sensitivities to many environment triggers, this Spring has been the worst. We are also quite dry and need a good rain. This time of year is our dry season and also our fire season. Hopefully, the front moving through tonight will give us much needed showers. It will also tamp down on the pollen which would help a lot!

I posted a new swap over at the main forum. I am calling it the Easter Kitchen. We share a lot about our menu favorites in the Fall and for Christmas, but we don't share a lot about our favorite Easter dishes. I am interested in what others like and what traditions they grew up with at Easter and what they have continued into their adult lives. If you are interested hop on over.

This week, I have been busy getting a few Easter things out and cleaning up forgotten areas of the house. It seems that with every season change, it inspires me to move stuff out, rearrange, and generally spiff up the place.

CrowFriend is here daily and we chat over a few peanuts!! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2019 :  6:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. The headache finally subsided this afternoon. Yesterday went so well. I accomplished a lot and then today was a quiet resting day. I also think I pulled something in my back this morning which didn't help matters. But I am hoping for a better day tomorrow!
Winnie so glad to hear crow friend is still visiting you.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2019 :  07:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I hope your headache is gone for good! If not please go to the doctor. We have had two people die, in our small community due to horrible headaches. Usually a headache is related to sinus issues...but the two people in our community had brain annurisms. Be careful! God bless you.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 27 2019 07:41:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2019 :  07:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara how are you this morning?
Connie, are you feeling ok?
God bless you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2019 :  07:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, hope your day goes better. My husband gets a headache/neck ache when we have sudden weather changes...a drop in the barometric pressure. He started using peppermint oil on his temples and neck (he was pretty skeptical at first) and it has worked for him so well. Much better than the 6 Advil that would take several hours to knock down.
Winnie, I will check out your Easter post!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2019 :  08:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for asking Marilyn. Having a so-so day. I deal with MS fatigue and other symptoms more in the spring and summer than any other time of the year. That's one of the reasons fall and winter are my favorite seasons.

Plants to be delivered today and raised beds are ready. Hope to get them all in the dirt today - if not in the morning will have to do.

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2019 :  08:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope everyone, will feel good immediately. I don't like having my friends in distress. Today it is supposed to be 66. First time since October. Hazy sun and wind. Can't really plant anything until May as there is still snow. It should melt fast. 40s the rest of the week.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2019 :  08:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I woke up with a headache, too, also because of the weather changes. I hope everyone with headaches, aches and pains, or feeling bad otherwise is feeling better today.

Next week on Thursday Ed and I are leaving for a 2-week trip. We will stay in Santa Rosa, NM, Thursday night and then on to Flagstaff, AZ for a week in a timeshare. We will see the Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, Grand Canyon, and other places as day trips from Flagstaff. Then 1 night near Jerome, AZ; 4 nights at a high school classmate's house in Gilbert, AZ; and 1 night in Tombstone, AZ to see the OK Corral. We are trying to use up timeshare points before the end of June.

Ed has also booked 3 nights in New Orleans for May and we have a week in Arkansas and 4 nights in Oklahoma for June. We still have a few points to use up. I don't know if I've said this before, but I HATE timeshares. We want to get rid of Ed's timeshare, which is paid for, except they charge $167 a month for "maintenance fees" and they never stop. Has anyone here ever gotten rid of a timeshare?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2019 :  09:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Linda....that sounds like so much fun!
My folks visited Tombstone on one of their trips south one winter. They really enjoyed it! They toured the Birdcage Theater, also. It's supposed to be haunted....they said you could really feel the history in that building.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Project Discussions: Previous Topic March Winds Do Blow~2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page