YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  03:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Up early drinking English Breakfast tea. Annie and I put out the trash so that's taken care of until Friday when we get do it all over again.

My yellow rose is scheduled to be delivered today. Can't wait to meet Mrs Oakley Fisher. She'll go in a sunny spot on the deck in a large pot.

Yesterday Bobbie and I went to Kelly's fruit & veg stand. I bought 6 red cabbage plants; 1 Italian parsley; and a red geranium in 6" pot. All are planted in containers on deck and it's starting to look a lot like spring. The geranium is in a cream & green enamel tea kettle on the corner of deck railing. I can see it from kitchen window. I like something pretty to look at when doing the dishes.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  03:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After my watering chores yesterday, I washed dishes, sewed and took a pain pill and a nap! Then it was time to feed my chickens. Next I filled water jugs to take to the chicken pens tomorrow. Then I began to dump the water left in the red tubs, spray them out and refill. I saved four tubs to take to the barn, and fill with manure and hay mix, that is light, loose and fluffy. Today, tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be sunny, followed by a cloudy, rainy type Friday thru Sunday. I also moved the berry plants out side to their new home. I was surprised to find mint and cilantro that had survived our 22° temps.God is good.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 19 2019 03:48:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  03:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn I'm worn out by the time I read what all you do - I don't know how you do it girl. Hope you are pain free today. Yes God is good. I just love plants that come back year after year. My mints survived and so did the lavender hyssop which surprised me. I thank my Sarah lavender will make it too. First lavender I have ever had that survived our Texas summers & winters. Chives are looking good - I think chives are really a weed because nothing seems to bother it - freezes of winter or 100+ heat of summer - chives keep on keeping on.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  04:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara,
English breakfast is my favorite every morning. I found St. Dalfour brand. It is delicious and organic.

JT's mom has been working on a quilt while she is here. She has sewn all of it by hand. She started it when she was here last August.
She will be heading home Saturday. We will take her halfway and JT's sister will pick her up. We do that sometimes when we can stay out there the whole weekend.

I have been finishing up some reorganization and getting my Spring things out. Doing some more Spring cleaning. The upstairs rooms need it. Time to wash windows and clean carpets up there.

Also it's will soon be time time to some spring cleaning in the chicken coop. I will save the manure for the garden and get all the cobwebs down and the walls scrubbed. We need to replace the doors on the coop and then the girls can have it all fresh and clean again.

Time to get the coffee going.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 19 2019 04:26:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  04:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where do you buy it? I have Twining's.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  04:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found it on Amazon. Trader Joe's may have it if you have one there.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  05:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Trader Joe's in Paris but I do shop Amazon.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  05:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have trader Joe's but they are so far away I never go there. I received my first box at a ladies tea at church last year.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  10:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A breezy cool day down here. The pollen is awful and time spent outside adds to my symptoms! Plus, this is the time of year that all of the Live Oak trees shed their leaves followed by these messy seed blooms that are a huge mess and stick to everything. I am hoping that the breeze will finish getting them all off the trees so we can stop sweeping and raking them up! Meanwhile, I have been inside doing projects and generally having FUN!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  11:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie I hope you had loads of fun. My big oak is still dropping leaves. Not as many but they come down every time we have a strong wind which is practically every day.

One thing the wind has blown in that I wish it would blow out is those nasty noisy crackles. They've been around for almost two weeks - it's time they move on.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  5:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When our pecan trees bloom, on my they are messy! I don't think we have any live oaks. We have a lot of oak trees tho. We have been admiring all of the Bradford Pear trees, as we drive into town. Our little plum trees that are between two chicken hoops, are blooming. I noticed little white dots in the chicken water today. I dumped it out and refilled with clean water.
This is the newest foal. I watched today as it was trying to jump and leap up in the air...it was funny. Then it would run as fast as it could, flying past its mom, turn fly back last her again then it had to rest.
The other darker horse is pretty round, she may be pregnant too.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  6:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww Marilyn I love the little foal. Beautiful picture!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  8:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was a long way off. I had tried earlier, up close but could not get a very good picture. Little foals are so cute.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  10:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love watching the little foals - haven't had many here recently, but 4 have been born here on my pastures.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  08:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Call me crazy, but I LOVE baby season!!! Next month our goats should be kidding... and next week our newest laying chicks and ducklings come. It is definitely beginning to feel a lot like Spring <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  08:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too. Babies are so cute. Every time I see a fluffy little chick, and the shell it came out of, I am amazed. When I watch the baby horses running about on their long spindly legs, I am in awe! God
Is Amazing! How? I will never understand how God made each species, from human babies right down to the tiniest insect. But he made us all. We come into the world, needy, but so perfect!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  09:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All babies are awesome miracles.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  09:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to go philosophical for a minute... Marilyn you wrote that "we come out into the world, needy, but so perfect." I wonder if the "but" isn't necessary... but rather should it be an "and." So often we have it in our minds that we need to be independent... needing no one and nothing... In reality, did God create us to be needy... for life? Shouldn't we always be dependent upon Him and one another... Am I doing my children an injustice by teaching them independence rather than dependence. Should there be more of a balance? Thinking I need to ponder this more...

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  09:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I think you need to teach your children life skills. They all seem to reach a point where they want to 'spread their wings and fly'. When you set a godly example for them, teach them that every bite of food, every sip of water, every garment they wear is a gift from God, I think they will be ok. I have told my grand kids, many times that God is my best friend. He is such a good listener. And when I am busy, and a new idea pops into my head, I stop and say, " Thank you God, that is a wonderful idea. " It has taken me a long time to understand that God is always waiting to help me out, I just need to be quiet...So I can hear him.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  11:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen! So true,,
Bless you all this day!
Thanks be to God!

AMEN!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2019 :  1:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole just received my Valentine I mailed the end of January!! Debbie klann may still get hers!! It's March!! Almost the end! Where has it been all this time!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  04:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's the 24th of March already - where has this month and the year gone. Seems like only yesterday we welcomed in 2019 and on March 1 I turned 77. Time is marching on and it seems like it gets faster every year. My days feel just as long as they always have but once they are gone they seem to go so fast.

We had a very light rain during the night - maybe we'll get a little more today. My plants would love it - if not I will have to water with city water in the morning.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  06:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Sara the year is already coming into its 4th month soon. Will have to make the most of this last week of March.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 24 2019 1:11:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  08:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just looking at my diy chart for the eggs in the incubator this time. They need to be moved, on Wednesday. This little incubator has a turning rack and a hatching rack. So they must be moved three days before hatching might begin. I'm like you Sara, where did March go??? Where did January and February go???
Last night was crazy! My son and his crew went to eat Pizza with a family he built a home for several years ago. We had five vehicles come down our county road, and three of them came up our lane. Why??? To drive me crazy!!! There I was trying to read and learn about something only to be disturbed over and over, all in about 45 minutes.
When they come up here, quickly turn and run, that raises suspicions, then my husband said maybe a horse got out, because he could see two sets of tail lights. So off we go to see. That is when we had to wait for another vehicle to go by. So naturally the first two were long gone. My thought when he said there were two, was robbery. That has been going on a bit too often out in the country.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  12:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, no, Marilyn. I hope it wasn't guys staking out the place.

Hopefully soon you will have some chicks.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Project Discussions: Previous Topic March Winds Do Blow~2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page