Page: of 10

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  2:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Connie -

So far I think everything I have sent you has gotten there on time or early.

I have the Informed delivery - every day I get a picture of what is coming to me. I had Ed sign up for it yesterday - too late for this problem, but ready for the next. then they can't say it isn't their fault. We will have proof of what SHOULD have been delivered.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  3:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, we have the informed delivery, too. It sure is nice to know what is coming, especially when we are gone.
It's a long story, but my mom had her bank send 3 cashier's checks to her investment person. Two checks showed up. The other one went missing....it's STILL missing. My mom had numerous calls back and forth to the bank, the investment place and the post office. Of course, the post office attitude was the worst. They admitted that "they'd had problems" with missing mail when they used those large plastic tote boxes. The mail would be dumped in and then later dumped into another container of some sort. The static from the plastic tote wall would let envelopes stick to the sides of the tote box. Then the tote boxes would be stacked into each other and would sit there until they needed to be used again....sometimes with mail still in them. What would it really take for a postal employee to run back into their storage area and just LOOK???? Wouldn't they appreciate someone doing it for them if it were THEY who were missing an important piece of mail???? It would be nice to see a little more compassion these days...

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  9:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, that is awful! My son was building a new home for a couple a few years ago. They lived several hours away so they mailed the checks to my son, so he could pay the subs, etc. A check for $50,000+ went missing...It was missing for almost two weeks. It had been mis- delivered by our ditzy mail lady. Finally some honest but slow person took it to the PO. He rented a post office box just for that job.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Project Discussions: Previous Topic January~ 2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page