Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the porch chatting with friends - June 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - June 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 6

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  3:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, you have a lot of sweet birds. I love Australorps. They have the best temprament. Plus they are beautiful. What are you planning to supliment your chickens diet with. If they are in the tractor, eating grass, do you also provide scratch and crumbles or pellets?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  3:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I drove out to the country in an opposite direction to get my friend and take her to physical therapy, to get her hair cut, to eat lunch and stop at Walmart. It was interesting. It is sad to see someoneS mind slipping away. It has been a couple of months since I last visited, in person, with her. She is about 6 years younger, but her memory is not very good...and she cannot blame chemo. I also noticed she is slowing down dramatically...walking, ordering her lunch, eating her lunch very, very slowly. An eye opening experience for sure

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  4:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - they are only three weeks old, so they are still on grower feed. Sorry to hear about your friend :(

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  6:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know they were excited to get outside in the sun and breeze, to look and learn to scratch about. I love to watch baby chicks.
I think more than anything I was shocked by the rapid decline I noticed today.She had trouble retrieving words. She asked me to help her sign up for a local Facebook group, but she was already signed up. I walk slowly, because I am looking about for tripping hazards, but she was soooo slow. She kept telling me that her husband is worried about how she will be able to handle an upcoming trip, by plane, to visit their son and his family. Now I understand why he is concerned.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  2:30:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I am sorry to hear about your friend. We have a friend, that was diagnosed about 10 years ago, and she isn't 65 yet! She just flew by herself to visit a friend. But they set it up with the airlines, that her hubby was able to put her on the plane here, and her friend got her off the plane. So, so sad!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  2:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It was so loving that you were able to travel to her and help her with those important everyday needs and give her some company.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  05:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me. Although I am not here often, you are in my thought. I hope that you will be enjoying a wonderful weekend. The weather here is gorgeous. We are headed to Montreal to spend time with family.

As a side note, my rose bush made it .... Weed Waking maniac lost!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  05:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Fathers day to all the daddy's in our families and among our friends too. Enjoy your day.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  06:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, that is a beautiful Rose!
Have a safe trip!

Happy Father's Day to all you families out there. Have a good one.

hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  11:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, you rose is just gorgeous! enjoy your family visit in Montreal today too.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there. We celebrated with brunch with our daughter that lives here after church. I had some awesome blueberry waffles!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  12:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole your rose is beautiful.

I've written before about meeting people and their stories. Yesterday was such a day. My sister Bobbie and I went to the Farmer's Market and I stopped to talk with the man who sells sweet grasses and sweet wood to burn in fire chimneys. Three years ago I bought a fire chimney from him and have burned it once this summer.

I asked about his wife who I met year before last. Last summer was not a good time for me so I missed all of the Farmer's Market. He told be she passed over a year ago and would I like to hear a story. Of course I said yes so he told me she was from Arizona and missed the dessert so they bought forty acres in Big Ben. He showed me on his phone the monument he had made to celebrate her memory and he was taking to put up on their land in Big Ben country. He then showed me the two silos and 500gal water tank he bought and moved to the land. He is planning on making the silos into camping cabins. His dream is to use the campsite for all of Lamar Country first responders. He has already talked with the Paris Chief of Police. He said in making the camp it was the last thing he could do for his wife.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  1:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a sweet story, Sara.

Sara can you describe a fire chimney to me. I am not sure I have seen one. Is it similar to the Mexican clay fireplaces called chimmineria.spelled so wrong.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 18 2017 1:04:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  1:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, it's the same thing. I've heard them called both and fire chimney is easier for me to remember and spell. I burn dried rosemary with the sweet wood more than the sweet grasses. It helps me keep my potted rosemary in check and it's free.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  5:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara what a nice story, I bet your fire chimeny smells good when it is burning.
Thanks

hugs and love.

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  05:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
On our way to Michigan. Halfway there. We are stopping in effingham Illinois for gas. The last two rest areas we passed have been closed. Where are the truckers and other people supposed to get relief?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  08:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda enjoy your trip and be safe.

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. Going back to the doc for Terry. He just feels puny. I feel better. Mowed the yard. That was a job. But looks nice now. Have seen some deer running across our yard. Linda be safe traveling.
We go to the VA. in Alexandra. 2hr drive. So anyway. I will get back on when we get back Thurs.

Luv all my sisters

Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  2:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers Marlee. I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm sorry your husband is feeling puny. Mine does too. His doctor told him he is old. Time to slow down a bit. I guess his hip slowed him down a bit.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  3:58:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to let everyone here know I will be leaving tomorrow for two weeks on a vacation to France on a Viking Cruise tour. We usually have good WiFi in hotels but sometimes when we get out of big cities, it is not so good on the boat. I will be checking in as much as I can. We will be flying home all day on July 4, so everyone here enjoy the day with family and friends and eat some delicious homemade ice cream or whatever is made for me!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  4:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a wonderful vacation Winnie.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  4:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Have a great trip Winnie.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  6:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a good cruise Winnie, and let us know all about it when you get home.
Have lots of fun and good food.
Take care.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  3:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorting craft supplies...again. Baylee called and asked if I had a dresser she could have. Of course...but it was too wide for her tiny space. Then I thought of a chest and my mother's dresser. She wanted the little dresser, but it was also too wide. She loves the history. When I told her my mother remembered putting her gown in it when she was only two of three. I told her it will be here when she gets a real home. The chest was a perfect fit. Lots of drawers for socks and undies and yes shirts. Her mom was impressed that it was wood, not particle board. I am glad it has a new home.
Now if I can give her a coffee table...a piano bench from my childhood or her daddy's toy box. It came out of the church nursery where I went to church from age six-high school. The toy box would give her some storage. Very important.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 22 2017 3:04:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  4:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love that you are giving her very meaningful pieces of past memories. I love the pieces I have from my mother's past.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  6:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am happy that she likes vintage things. She reminded me today that she called the old iron bed that was in my grandmother's guest room. I think Baylee was only about 13 when I laughed and told my son that even though he spent a ton of money on custom Amish furniture...his eldest child loved vintage pieces even more.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - June 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page